Primark Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Primark Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at Primark

2.4

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Primark.

Interview

It was very positive! Everyone was nice and friendly. We both asked each other questions! An interview should not be one sided remember you are also interviewing the employer. They went over benefits, hours, and job duties!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Primark

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark (Freehold, NJ (US)).

Interview

Let me put it this way - I never even made it to the interview. I received an e-mail from Primark prompting me to choose an interview date through e-mail. The link was broken and about a week later, I was contacted by someone from the store. It seems that each store has a P&C Supervisor (kind of like HR) and I was e-mailing with them directly regarding the position. I currently work full-time in a salaried postion and explained that I was very interested in the Visual position, however I wanted to find out the pay range as well as if it was a salaried or hourly position to make sure it was inline with what I was looking for. My resume is VERY overqualified for the position at hand so I wanted to make sure I was not wasting mine or the interviewers time. He never answered. I found it super unprofessional on his part, especially since he was quickly responding to my e-mail's before I inquired about the pay. As an HR Supervisor, you should be open to the fact that candidates have questions about the position before actually coming in for the interview. I would not recommend.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I met with HR for first interview, then met with Visual manager for 2nd interview. Completed my background check last week.. haven’t heard from HR since. No update from HR, wondering if offer has rescinded....

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Primark in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online with CV and covering letter. Got a call in about a month to set the interview date. It lasted about 4 hours , 3 VM tasks and face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us, give examples of a difficult situation and what did you do to help (quite general), how do you keep up with trends .   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Primark (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Group interview.
    Company's video
    Ability tasks for the role
    Interview face to face individually at the end

Interview Questions

• what would you do in the future to improve this role? (college, courses, etc)   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's good only for the title. No experiece or teach the real job properly

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Primark.

Interview

I got emailed after I didn't attend a weekend job interview for Primark, the content was that my cv would've suited the VM position in that store and if I was intrested I could've had an interview for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you encourage sales of an item?   1 Answer
    • What do you think 'see it, buy it' mean?   1 Answer
    • What do you think of a messy store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went back to sign my contract, I knew it was just 20 hours, but they reassured me saying that after 3 months of probation (if everything was ok) I would've had a pay rise, so I accepted. Unfortunately this hasn't happened yet, but after 6 months my hours have been increased, the store manager is very sensitive on the matter, and she also said that I'm not indipendent enough to have the payrise and to be promoted as vm supervisor, which is fair. So I'm only working 30 hours now and after the refit due in November 2016 I'll be promoted. I never would've thought Primark to be such an attentive listener for its employees but the store in which I work is well good

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Primark.

Interview

Interview lasted at least 30 mins with the Store Manager. Very easy and relaxed environment. Questions were based more on common sense, but the answers are scored based on how many points. So it's required to use the Star Technique.

Interview Questions

• What's more important, stock replenished or a tidy store?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Follow the Star technique. I was a little nervous at the interview but treat it like an opportunity meeting rather then an interview. Be nice to everyone you talk too.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Primark (Sheffield, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

First, there was a quick online application and I heard back within a few weeks. The initial questions were very general, e.g. "Why do you want this job?" "What experience do you have?"

After hearing back I progressed to the next stage which was conducted at the Mercure hotel, we were all seated in a room to watch a couple of Primark video's which explained company values and showed new stores, Primania etc.

After we were interviewed individually but all seated in a large room at separate tables. I felt this took the pressure off and made it feel more "friendly." My interviewer was a lovely young guy called Tom, he made me feel very at ease and encouraged me to aim higher and go for more than just a retail assistant job.

There was a range of questions and Tom got to pick which he felt most applied; this made the interview feel more personal.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Primark (Warrington, North West England, England (UK)).

Interview

Had to pick two outfits first before the interview one for a man one for a woman, then had to explain why I had picked the outfits, then had a one to one interview.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview consists of 2 parts - practical and conversational. The practical part includes dressing and styling a male and a female mannequin and explaining the customer profile and the trend that you have used.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Primark?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.