Primark Retail Operative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Primark Retail Operative Interview Questions

Interviews at Primark

2.0

Retail Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

So the interview process was basically to see if you actually rate Primark as a serious company, which it actually is, or if you're just another person that has a low opinion of the company and everhthing they do. Some people assume that Primark is just some crap job which they don't need to take seriously and these people don't get hired. They can be really flexible and like hiring students

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Primark

Retail Operative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark.

Interview

Relaxed environment with an informal chat with the HR manager. One to one basis with little formal questions and more 'get to know you' attitude. The interview lasted 30 minutes or so.

Interview Questions

• Who are Primark competitors   1 Answer

Retail Operative Interview

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview. We went in to an office, took a seat and he asked me questions such as, "When you have had to provide excellent customer service?"

"Why do you want to work here?"

The questions asked were generic job interview questions. It was pretty straight forward and easy going. He was reading questions of a sheet of paper and writing down my answers. At the end of the interview he asked me, "is there anything you would like to ask?"

Interview Questions

• "If we ran out of stock of an item a customer was looking for, what solutions would you provide the customer with?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in April 2017.

Interview

quick, easy going, they let me talk and only asked another question when i stopped talking. i was interviewed by two people, they both asked questions but only one took notes. I dressed smart casual for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about us?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Retail Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (Oxford, England (UK)).

Interview

online test about behavior in the work situations.
    Call for interview in the store
    if got the place go to the induction day where you sign your contract and learn more about the company values, policy and rules.
    After testing the theory they go into practice making you starting in the shop floor explaining you how to use the tills, filling, coverings, returns etc.

Interview Questions

• questions about yourself, what do you do, what do you like to do,
      if you are available for working on public holidays, bank holidays, new years eve, Christmas eve etc   Answer Question

Retail Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Primark (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was put through a screening test before I applied. My application was very,very quick. I applied on the Wednesday, had an offer for an interview on Thursday, interview on Saturday,hired on Sunday.

The interview itself was fairly straightforward, no real challenging questions were asked and all that were asked were either available on Glassdoor or common sense.

Interview Questions

• If a customer wanted to try on something but moaned that the fitting room queue was too long, what would you do to resolve this issue?   1 Answer
    • If a customer wanted something in their size that wasn't on the shop floor,what would you do to help them?   1 Answer

Retail Operative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primark.

Interview

Quick and easy. Interview process was great as the interviewers knew what they were doing.

I really enjoyed the group tasks as they set the scenario as if you are actually working with on the shopfloor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Primark?   1 Answer

Retail Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primark (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

As this interview was conducted in 2012, it may no longer be relevant to the current application process. I applied to HR via an employee referral and completed an application form. I then attended a 1:1 interview with the HR manager. I was informed the next day that I had passed the interview and was given an induction date.

Retail Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (Woking, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

interview- simple questions. what would you do in X situation.
    what experience do i have and how can it help me with this job.
    Pretty straightforward, nothing too technical.
    they have a sheet in front of them with questions they have to ask and they write down your answers.
    What are your future goals?
    Offered me the job straight away.

Interview Questions

• If a customer approaches you requesting a clothing item that isn't in store what would you do?   1 Answer

Retail Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic 1 to 1 interview. Looked through here before going in to see questions and most came up. A few situational questions are asked. Got offered a job on the spot and I accepted. Ask you what you know about primark so do research beforehand

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.