Primark Primark Sales Assistant - Weekend Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Primark Primark Sales Assistant - Weekend Interview Questions

Interviews at Primark

2.4

Primark Sales Assistant - Weekend Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark (London, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

It was a Christmas temp. The interview was 15 minutes and it was more like a conversation rather than a interview. The interview asked me about six questions. It was not very difficult.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Primark

Primark Sales Assistant - Weekend Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bromley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Primark (Bromley, England (UK)).

Interview

Very comfortable and casual
    Asked a lot of scenarios about working in the store
    A lot of opinionated questions
    It was mainly questions based on personality and skills other than that it was a background check like availability etc.

Interview Questions

• If there was a long queue for the fitting rooms and the customers were becoming unhappy, what would you do ?   1 Answer

Primark Sales Assistant - Weekend Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

They gave me a call setting a date for the interview. During the interview they told me to bring passport (right to work) and original NI letter/card. The interviewer first asked for details of my previous jobs, when I'm available, what I wish to get from primark. Then he asked 8 questions, some were scenario related and that's about it. He was friendly and made it feel really comfortable during the interview. I liked the fact that he explained the process of what happens after etc.

Primark Sales Assistant - Weekend Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

The application was really quick and easy. The interview was done within 20 minutes, the lady was really nice and made me feel calm. They asked a series of 5 questions which were scored and then asked questions about myself to get to know me and asked about my flexibility.

Interview Questions

• If a lady wanted to try a dress on but was in a rush and the fitting rooms were busy, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Put these in order of importance
      Customer query
      Stock on the floor
      Stock replenishment   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose primark?   2 Answers
    • What is good customer service?   Answer Question
    • If a lady wanted a dress she saw on the mannequin but was out of stock, what would you do?

**DEPENDING ON ANSWER**

What if the dress on the mannequin was not in customers size?

**DEPENDING ON ANSWER**

What if the dress on the mannequin was the last one as it had been discontinued?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Consider everything.

Primark Sales Assistant - Weekend Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Primark.

Interview

Applied online - had to answer questions about scenarios.
    Went in store where I met other people also in for a interview. A lady came and took me into a room to answer a few questions and the interview is point based. The more thorough you are with your answers the more points.

Interview Questions

• You are talking to a customer about a dress they want to buy for night out. How would you get them to buy a necklace that would go with it in store?   Answer Question

Primark Sales Assistant - Weekend Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Primark in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call the next day to book an interview time. My interview was at 4:30 so I arrived at 4:15 and ended up waiting until 5pm until I was finally called into my interview. I was then asked for my Passport and National Insurance Number, which I gave to the manager. Then at 5:10pm my interview finally started. The questions were pretty basic including a few scenarios and general questions including my available hours, etc. The manager said they'd be in touch within a week, I ended up waiting 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes into the store wanting a dress they've seen on the mannequin in the window, but you know it's out of stock. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • In what order would you complete these tasks and why? Customer Enquiry, Messy Stockroom, Unorganised shelves on the sales floor.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Primark?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you were faced with a difficult decision and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a recent time when you organised a team. What did you do and did it work?   Answer Question

Primark Sales Assistant - Weekend Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Primark (Nottingham, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I got an email with an interview date and time. I went to the interview and I was emailed the next day with a job offer. I accepted the offer as a weekend sales assistant. I was then emailed with many things to complete before the start of my induction. My induction was for 3 days.

Interview Questions

• In which order of importance do these 3 things come in your opinion:

Customer query
           Stock on floor
           Stock replenishment   Answer Question

Primark Sales Assistant - Weekend Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primark (Sheffield, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

In July 2016, my interview took place in a hotel and what happened first was that I sat in a room and watched a promotional video about Primark (after recieving my personal details, national insurance letter etc.)
    We then went into a big room with dozens of interviewers sitting on individual tables. My interviewer was really nice and when I had mentioned my aunt used to work for Primark, turned out that my aunt and the interviewer WORKED TOGETHER! So that was kind of a bonus. After the questions were said she asked about my hours and then I was off. I had my interview on a Saturday and received my offer email on the following Tuesday.

Primark Sales Assistant - Weekend Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had an invite to interview less than a week later. I couldn't make the time that they had arranged as I was already away visiting family but they were extremely accommodating and quickly changed the day for me, which not many companies do. The interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. The interview was really relaxed - the interviewer was extremely friendly and as well as asking the questions also explained them a little bit which helps to guide the answers. He also gave me a chance to expand on my answers if he didn't think I'd said enough. I would say definitely research the company - I spoke a little bit about the charity work that the company does etc. and he seemed impressed that I had clearly done my research, and he also asked me if I knew how many countries they were in (luckily I did). All of the interview questions are marked out of 4, so make sure you really elaborate on your answers. I only had my interview 2 days ago so I haven't yet had a response, but it was overall probably the best interview I've had.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Primark?   1 Answer
    • When was an example of a time you worked as a part of a team?   Answer Question
    • Prioritise these: stock replenishment, customer satisfaction/service, stock on the floor   1 Answer
    • 1. What would you do if a customer wanted to try on a dress but there was a big queue and she did not have time to wait? 2. What would you do if a customers bag breaks all over the shop floor?   1 Answer
    • How would you ensure customer satisfaction every time?   1 Answer

Primark Sales Assistant - Weekend Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Really friendly and chatty interviewer, put me at ease, tailored questions towards my lack of experience

Asked why I wanted to work for primark
    Customer service skills
    Gave example of a woman who wanted to try on a dress but was in a rush and changing room queues were really long - asked what I would do
    Examples of working in a team
    How to give 'good' customer service

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.