IBM Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 8 Sep 2018

2.7

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

There were two interviews on campus. A couple weeks later they sent me an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with a manager and a recruiter. It took 30 minutes. During the phone interview they asked mostly questions about my resume, projects, and some behavioral questions. They focused a lot on teamwork experience. Overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Different than industry. Must know some one inside. applying through regular channels don't work most of the time. Human resources department representative didn't sow up for any interview. Benefits information and general information was not provided.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (San Diego, CA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Was very smooth. People are very nice, reasonable. There are 6 engineers asking questions. Ending statement was done by the hiring manager. He explained why IBM is the best work place to developed the career path.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, VT (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was just a phone interview with the manager and some other engineers and was pretty casual. They just asked me about my research experience, made sure I had used the equipment that I would be using with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your research experience. Have you had experience with this certain tool?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Fishkill, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (East Fishkill, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Contact , present, hiring, if yhey need they woll create position. They talked about housing in areas as if i am going to be offered and accept 5he position. Got offered the job within a week.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Tucson, AZ (US)).

Interview

One phone interview and one onsite interview. Phone interview with 1:many and covered my resume. On-site interview was to meet the team and be given a tour. They did not ask a lot of difficult questions. It was very laid back and easy.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview as part of their campus recruiting process. Questions were straightforward. They were looking for both summer interns and permanent employees and they were interviewing for a number of different possible positions.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Process was minimal. Duties and hours were arranged based on referral. Work location was assigned as temporary and based on length of existing contract term. Technical skills were not questioned nor tested prior to receiving offer, same day.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Incredibly simple process with very little depth. Lackluster interviewers, ill prepared. Man poatatoe. Fish softball. I don’t have anything else to say, thirty words is a weird limit. Makes garbage like this.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2008.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen. Lots of technical questions, but I decided not to take the job.

Interview Questions

• Something about what database table schema to use in a particular scenerio to keep the data normalized. I wasn't that difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Not a good fit for what I want to do.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.