IBM Applications Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IBM Applications Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.8

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in July 2019.

Interview

I had a phone screen and then sent a link for a coding challenge on HackerRank. After that I didn't hear back from them and even sent a follow up email which didn't still get a reply.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my background and projects I have done in the past   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in October 2018.

Interview

It was a 45 minute in person interview. First a technical whiteboard question, asking the way of validating a palindrome, was asked to write code on a whiteboard, followed by questions about how the code can be improved.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keyser, WV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Keyser, WV (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very difficult in nature. Basically, you have to answer the questions in technical terms. Be sure that you know the basics of programming like code. But the application process is very easy and they will get back to you within 1 week to schedule an interview.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was regarding application development. I was referred by an internal employee. It was a technical round initially followed by two partner rounds. The partners asked regarding my functional skills, how I worked through some challenging scenarios in the past. They also asked regarding my educational qualifications. It started with a round of assessing my skills if they were inline with the requirements. They, the second round asked to walk through the steps in the applications and given a case and asked how I would resolve the

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the business processes that you have implemented in the application?   Answer Question
    • They asked about the current role and how I was a suitable candidate. They also asked about my previous achievements.   2 Answers

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Boulder, CO (US)).

Interview

The interview took place 20 years ago after I had contracted with IBM. Interview was conducted individually by developers, project managers and executives. Each level of management addressed different areas of interest. They evaluated both the qualifications and the social skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience and how would you contribute to IBM's success?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Monroe, LA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall great experience. The people who constructed the interview were well prepared and made my time there one to remember. Though I did not get a offer, it taught me what not and to do next time around

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Jackson, MI (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was asked specific questions about my experience and about situations where I resolved a problem. The questions were not difficult or challenging; they were more interested in my personality than skills

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a troublesome client?   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Interview was straight and smooth. Asked some basic aptitude, data structure and java questions.
    2 rounds of written test . one is aptitude and other is technical. Then F2F technical interview. Asked some java and unix questions. Then HR round where some behavior questions were asked. Then after 2 weeks I was offered.

Interview Questions

• About some basic data structure and java questions.   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Interview

phone,in person,face to face,overall app understanding,core,prev project,company,HR related,location constraints,offer,onshore chances,architecture,Program,functional,people management,salary,benefits,prev company,reason for leaving,long, term plans,strengths,Question relevant for project life cycle. Managing of multiple projects. Cost management, time management, Quality management etc. Continuous improvement, Lean, Waterfall, V model, Agile project management

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (East Lansing, MI (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with IBM employees at the East Lansing office who have similar developer skills. More than one employee cautioned me against working here, and stated that the East Lansing Michigan Development Center was really an in-house temp agency for IBM, morale was very low, and this is only an option if you have to stay in the Lansing area. I was told that your career is secondary to the goals of the leadership team here, who are only there to serve themselves. There is no one to talk to about your career goals as all that matters is your hourly "utilization rate." A reoccurring comment was that the manager's here are absolutely terrible leaders and could care less about their people. Turnover is very high due to how badly people are treated. The mangers, called a Blue Manager, apparently can blow off all questions or concerns from their direct reports and seemingly only care about how many hours you can work in a week. One person mentioned that he had only met his manager two or three times in three years. He also said this manager does his yearly review but has no clue or idea of what the person worked on all year.

There appears to be nothing normal about this office as no one has permanent seating and people are grouped together by skills in an open and very, loud, call center-like area. There is no free coffee or free anything (no perks, period) unless the leadership staff have scraps and leftovers to hand out after a meeting. There are no events or activities like there might be at a normal IBM office. The employee policies are also different than they are for all other IBM employees. Be sure to ask about this as one person flat out lied to me when I brought up the issue. One woman told me how she became very ill and had to take one week off for sick days. Her manager told her that every hour she was out would have to be made up for by working nights and weekends. The minimum hours that can be billed here is 45 per week, not including any administrative tasks your manager might give you, such as mandatory training. These hours are on top of your 45 hours per week. You cannot take a vacation day without giving three to four months notice. There are no advancement opportunities other than what is related to your billable hours nor are there positions to advance to in East Lansing. I have a family friend who is retired from IBM and she said that you can work for one year and then transfer but this also appears to not apply to employees here as no one heard of this and no one knew of anyone who has done it successfully.

Interview Questions

• What project experience do you have from school? What kind of projects did you work on?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.