IBM Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IBM Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Interview

On site interviews had three rounds,
One technical one behavioral and one hr with the senior manager.
Technical round was based on technical skills from the resume. And behavioral rounds was a bit bizarre since I wasn’t prepared for that, kind of situational based.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very Professional & Challenging. The Firm is serious about it's people so they look for culture fit in addition to intelligence and experience. I took the business case very seriously and wrote about what I would bring to the Firm.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions and few leadership questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Super day with behavioral questions, a case interview or two, and a group exercise that was basically an extended case study. On campus interview process with several members of the team present.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in June 2018.

Interview

There was a phone screening followed by in person interview in one of the offices. They interviewd on personality. Next round of interview was on technical expertise. The final round was with HR and senior management

Interview Questions

• Why should the company hire you?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied online. The first round was talking to a campus recruiter, asked a couple of questions about your research experience, general background, etc. The second round was on site and got a chance to talk with 4 different people in the team. Nice conversations but somehow didn't get the job though.

Interview Questions

• Q: A question related to the law of large numbers. Do you prefer more distributors to help you sell your commodities or less, and why?
      Also some questions like case studies, but weren't like the consulting firm's questions.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

An IBM panel came to our college. We had 3 interviews, 30 mins each. 1 - Technical, 1 - behavioral and 1 - case study. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and patient in answering our questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the sales of "abc", Explain the data that you would seek for analysis and ML algorithms to use.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen interview then Hirevue video call. HR spoke to me on phone for 20 mins and then arranged the Video call interview. Hirevue interview follow up nothing came up

Interview Questions

• Nothing asked The interviewer came to interview almost 15 mins late that is video call and she didn't say apology also and asked me what kind of visa you are and then she just asked couple of question and no idea she doesn't asked any kind of technical questions and she doesn't have the skills in that particular area.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process what very seamless. I was recruited through a staffing agency and referred to IBM recruiters. I had 2 interviews with IBM staff approx 30 mins each. The feedback from the interviews came within 5 days as they advised. The official offer letter did take a little extra time to receive, because of the internal approval process.

Interview Questions

• Provide me with a summary of your experience that makes you qualified for this job.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Herndon, VA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I spoke to graduate school classmate (former IBM GBS employee), applied online, heard back 1-2 months later, was flown to VA for an interview in early and mid-November, and I had an offer by early December. It was a simple process and interviews/ conversations with 3 VPS, 1 Managing Partner, and 1 Senior Manger quickly convinced me that IBM was a good fit.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial discussion with sourcing person, then with hiring manager. Hiring manager in a rush and scattered. Seems to have already had someone in mind for the job but needed to interview due to policy.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel 75%?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.