IBM Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IBM Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview process was very short, one HR screen on the phone and one in-person round in the office. Mostly fit-based, no case studies, and very straightforward. People were friendly and nice and genuinely seemed to want to get to know me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Interview

On site interviews had three rounds,
    One technical one behavioral and one hr with the senior manager.
    Technical round was based on technical skills from the resume. And behavioral rounds was a bit bizarre since I wasn’t prepared for that, kind of situational based.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied online. The first round was talking to a campus recruiter, asked a couple of questions about your research experience, general background, etc. The second round was on site and got a chance to talk with 4 different people in the team. Nice conversations but somehow didn't get the job though.

Interview Questions

• Q: A question related to the law of large numbers. Do you prefer more distributors to help you sell your commodities or less, and why?
      Also some questions like case studies, but weren't like the consulting firm's questions.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in June 2018.

Interview

There was a phone screening followed by in person interview in one of the offices. They interviewd on personality. Next round of interview was on technical expertise. The final round was with HR and senior management

Interview Questions

• Why should the company hire you?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

An IBM panel came to our college. We had 3 interviews, 30 mins each. 1 - Technical, 1 - behavioral and 1 - case study. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and patient in answering our questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the sales of "abc", Explain the data that you would seek for analysis and ML algorithms to use.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process what very seamless. I was recruited through a staffing agency and referred to IBM recruiters. I had 2 interviews with IBM staff approx 30 mins each. The feedback from the interviews came within 5 days as they advised. The official offer letter did take a little extra time to receive, because of the internal approval process.

Interview Questions

• Provide me with a summary of your experience that makes you qualified for this job.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen interview then Hirevue video call. HR spoke to me on phone for 20 mins and then arranged the Video call interview. Hirevue interview follow up nothing came up

Interview Questions

• Nothing asked The interviewer came to interview almost 15 mins late that is video call and she didn't say apology also and asked me what kind of visa you are and then she just asked couple of question and no idea she doesn't asked any kind of technical questions and she doesn't have the skills in that particular area.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Recruiter scheduled call
    3. Telephone interview with Manager
    4. Telephone interview with Peer Manager
    5. Video interview with another manager

Total Time: 2 months

Comments:
    These interviews were over a two month period and after each interview there was little feedback. Finally, after the last interview I had to check my status on the Career site to see the job was on "HOLD" and "Under Manager Review". IBMers on Quora said this meant I was still under consideration. A few weeks later with still no word from the recruiter, I checked again and found the "JOB WAS CANCELED".

I had expected more from IBM after going through 4 interviews and I am not impressed and wary of ever applying for another position given their current recruiting processes as well as the company itself. IBM has strayed far from its well known status as being one of the best tech companies to work for.

Interview Questions

• How would you guide younger co-workers to speak with customers for insights rather than just GOOGLE-ing for an answer?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

This is professional company where they follow quite standard process like filtering the CVs, First initial Talk, then Technical interview and then Management round of interview. I like the interview process where its one day activity.

Interview Questions

• General questions about prior experience, then Technical round and then check communication.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Super day with behavioral questions, a case interview or two, and a group exercise that was basically an extended case study. On campus interview process with several members of the team present.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.