IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Find jobs for Managing Consultant

IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bethesda, MD (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

I was invited to an interviewing session at one of the IBM local offices. There were about 10 candidates and 5 or 6 interviewers.
I found it to be easy, and relaxed process.
Very typical modern interview. Talked about past experience, current trends, aspirations, abilities, competencies, and what they have to offer in terms of immediate projects.
They were looking for security generalists that can do customer-facing without dropping a ball and screwing an engagement.

Interview Questions

• There were none. They did not try to catch me off guard or ask something difficult. No phony questions. Normal conversation. We became friends and stayed in touch later, even though we haven't worked together on the same projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not negotiate during the interview. During the interview only the ballpark number is being discussed. Later on, IBM recruiter, who initially sourced you, will negotiate the compensation with you. Bargain, but stay reasonably close to the ballpark you had articulated during the interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in July 2010.

Interview

Hiring process involves one telephonic technical interview. One face to face technical interview and one face to face behavioral interview. They used to have a group discussion and presentation step in the process but that has been eliminated now (2013)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

IBM doesn't negotiate on salary

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

1st round - HR basic interview
    2nd round - technical interview (30 mins)
    3rd round - face to face interview - senior manger and partner
    The recruiter group was very friendly and helpful

Interview Questions

• Not many technical questions. Most scenarios - what if kind   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave expected range and I got in the range

Managing Consultant Interview

Interview

covers your resume at a high level. there were three interview, 1 on phone, 2 face to face. for face to face they call you to an IBM location with all expenses paid and they really see your confidence to handle the job more than anything.

Interview Questions

• nothing unusual. mostly based on the resume and the requirement.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Quick phone interview that last 30 mins.
    Interviewer rushed through the process.
    Appeared to have a quota of candidates to reach that night.
    Asked one business case type interview question and discussed current client assignment.
    Questions were fairly standard, spend time discussing my resume and work experience.

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and streamlined. First, there was a phone screen with an Associate Partner. Then, an interview day in a city where many other interviewees participated. The interviews there were one-on-one and then a team presentation to the panel (with a Partner) on a case. The offer came the next week. The recruiter kept me apprised during all the stages.

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was brief. I was satisfied with the final offer.

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Hiring process is very clean and simple. It took 3 months from the day I submitted my profiele on IBM job portal. Intially there is telephonic round they after 1 month they called for F2F interview. IBM will flew me out to nearest IBM office for F2F interview. Interview process is well defined with schedule. There were 3 rounds of interview with different people each of them of 30 min. Overall experience is positive.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring/interview process to date of hire including background check (1 month) took a total of 5 months. About 3 telephone interviews and then on all-day onsite interview with a complex case study which required each team member to evaluate in a small group and present.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple...but ZERO room to increase from their original offer.

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was hired via the referral process. I had to interview with 5 people including the HR recruiter. There were no case studies. The first interviews focused on my past work experience and areas of expertise. The final interviews were with the Partner of the practice to see if I would be a good fit and where I could be placed.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the IBM Strategy practice and why do you think your past experience is a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher base salary based off a competing offer from a industry competitor.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Incredible hiring and interview process

Interview Questions

• What are you going to immediately contribute to our practice area?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Get it ALL coming in - you will NOT see a dime / raise for at LEAST three years; more if you're not working yourself to death. Get your money "up front" and make at least one counter, if needed.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.