IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Phone interview, asked some basic technical skill questions and career intention questions, lasted about 15 minutes. Interviewer was nice and seemed interested in DevOps experience. It took a long time to properly schedule the interview, seemed disorganized.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Initial recruiter call, two technical phone interviews. First technical interview was more challenging. The second engineer was more relaxed and the interview was more open ended after two quick problem solving questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Resume ask questions about the resume. The interviewer ask about the skills and language I use.
    2. 2 coding questions. Not too hard, just some easy questions. Pay attention to the time complexity of data structure.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Their was a phone screen where they asked simple questions about you and your interests and then they asked a few technical question. After that they asked a coding challenge which shoudl be completed in an hour

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

IBM treats it's potential employees SUPER disrespectfully. I applied through a referral and got a HacckerRank interview, but they sent me the wrong one. NO contact information and NO replies whatsoever to my queries. I have contacted them at multiple emails and multiple times and still nothing.

This is such a waste of time and super disrespectful to prospective employees. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It is 2 round interview
    Telephonic and F2F
    Last round was with HR
    I accepted the offer
    Technical round was too technical, there are lot many java and core java questions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

There was a cognitive test. After successful completion, this was followed a few days later by a personality test. The cognitive test focuses on your ability to quickly do certain math tasks when playing games. Extremely boring. The personality test is one of those ones where you select which statement you most strongly agree with, but has trick questions, where both statements might be things that you disagree with.

Putting aside the validity of cognitive/IQ tests, I think these tests are too time-consuming for this stage in the interview process, given that there hasn't even been a phone screen with someone who can tell you more about the role yet.

Interview Questions

• Cognitive test involving fast addition, finding shortest path.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

kafka. springboot
    What is meant by Local variable and Instance variable?
    What is meant by Abstract class?
    An abstract class may have a Non- abstract method also.
    The concrete Subclass which extends the Abstract class should provide the implementation for abstract methods.

Interview Questions

• kafka topic
      Difference between String, String Builder, and String Buffer.

Ans: String: String variables are stored in “constant string pool”. Once the string reference changes the old value that exists in the “constant string pool”, it cannot be erased.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

IBM is the worst company. I've completed 4 rounds of interview i.e 3 assessment,2 phone interview,1 behavior round. I've not received any updates from the recruiters.I've dropped several emails but got no response. They literally don't ask a candidate interview slot but assign according to first come first serve.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Three parts: 1. Preliminary Phone Screen 2. Technical Interview 3. Behavioral Phone Screen
    A hiring manager oversaw my candidacy, and set up the Technical interview, and the Behavioral call. The decision was made in one day following the call.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to briefly describe how the internet works.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.