IBM Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IBM Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.7

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA (US)).

Interview

The interview environment was low pressure to begin with. They start with a personality test to get you loosened up then send in a senior team member for a technical test. The technical interview was when it got a little intimidating. It was not mentioned prior so I was genuinely caught off guard.

Interview Questions

• write code to identify how many connected components there are in a bitmap.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2018.

Interview

there are three rounds and it take 2 days complete
    on the first day written test is conducted.
    technical round is for candidates who selected in written test .the technical round takes around 20 minutes of time.
    after that hr round was conduct for the candidates who selected in technical round

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied as fresher to IBM. There were 3 rounds, Aptitude round, English language test and Face to face discussion. Aptitude and English test was not that hard and Face to face discussion went for 45 mins, I which all the basic questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to relocate from your place?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy.The interviewer was very friendly.was aksed very basic oops questions.he gave me a puzzel to solve which was also very easy.Just be confident and the interview will be very easy to crack.
    They just check your basics ,your communication skills and your confidence.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for freshers

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

Fresher interview, consisted of one aptitude test and 2 interview rounds and then the HR round. Process was smooth but took long time. Overall experience was good. Its a good place to work.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Mumbai (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a campus placement drive. At first shortlisting was done on the basis of CV. Then it was followed by a psychometric, quantitative and English proficiency test. After this we were called for personal interview.
    the process was 1 day long. There were 4-5 interview rooms with candidates being allotted to be interviewed by the panelists in a particular room.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about extra-curricular activities.
      I was asked about level of proficiency in technical language.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhimavaram (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bhimavaram (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Initially we had gone through two rounds, one is on mathematical ability and the other is on business English.And then in face-to-face interview, if we are good at technical and communication skills ,it is fair enough to get a job in IBM.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment process.one written test consisting of general aptitude questions and technical questions in mcq format one technical round consisting of basic questions from the B.E course and one more managerial round.

Interview Questions

• related to operating systems and data structures algorithms, little bit if c/c++   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Cairo (Egypt)) in March 2010.

Interview

IQ Exam
    English Test
    Technical Exam mostly for Java/C++
    Interview with 3 technical persons
    Manager Interview
    HR Interview

Interview Questions

• Odd questions, like how much a flying plan could weight   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer sent by Mail and I accepted it

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed for the position of an associate software engineer as a part of college/campus placements. There was a skills test taken prior to the interview to screen/shortlist candidates for GD followed by 1:1 interview.

Groups of 8-10 candidates were created for the GD. Five minutes were given for whatever preparations you needed to do after announcing the topic. Only a small number of candidates got screened out after such GD.

The final 1:1 interview was very easy and generic. The interviewer mostly asked questions about your personality, details of things you had written in your resume and only discussed one problem that from the skill test that you had taken earlier in the day.

Interview Questions

• Hmm. So you like football. What is your favorite football team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This being a campus recruitment drive the pay package for the opening was announced prior to the process of interview and was not negotiable.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.