IBM Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IBM Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.7

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA (US)).

Interview

The interview environment was low pressure to begin with. They start with a personality test to get you loosened up then send in a senior team member for a technical test. The technical interview was when it got a little intimidating. It was not mentioned prior so I was genuinely caught off guard.

Interview Questions

• write code to identify how many connected components there are in a bitmap.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in December 2019.

Interview

There are Five Rounds
    1 Online Test
    2 Cognify ability
    3 Physometric test
    4 Verbal Test
     5 HR
    All rounds are elimination based.
    Online test consists of one program and five technical MCQ's .
    In HR they asked about your projects and to write some programs.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I interviewed at IBM (Coimbatore (India)) in October 2019.

Interview

Most worst interview.... even a person with zero skill can nail it. its all about luck and also gaming interest matter.they give some number puzzles and games(sometimes a kid with little game exposure can pass it) and that was the first round. And second round is personality assessment test which is very easy. Most of the weak students with low grades got placed there. Now i understood why ibm looses it value as years moves they dont need talented ppl . Am so lucky to not be there. Realy thanking team ibm for that. Luck + gaming exposure + little logical skills can help you to open the door to that hell.

Interview Questions

• prepare puzzles of arranging figures, shortest distance ball game etc...,   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

interview had
    1 cognitive round
    2 psycometric analysis
    3 verbal
    4 coding
    5 hr interview
    interview took one whole day from 9 am to 9 pm.
    after each round people were filtered.
    at the end of the day there were around 19 people for hr interview

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Vellore (India)) in August 2019.

Interview

It was quite easy interview .Nothing technical he asked just a few questions on my projects .It is more over a kind of HR interview only.The main key to pass this interview process was confidence. He was so much interested in extra curricular work and my grades in the academics.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vijayawada (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IBM (Vijayawada (India)) in July 2019.

Interview

Happened for 2 days containing the following rounds
    1. Written round (divided into 2 rounds further)
      First one containing problems like solving puzzles
    Second round is mental ability test
    2. Communication round
    3. Technical round
    Final result announced

Interview Questions

• Explain about your acedemic project   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)) in July 2019.

Interview

In case of job recruitment, selection is the process to choose potential working persons for a company or organization. IBM Recruitment process includes a selection stage when decisions are made as to the viability of a particular candidate's job application. It directly affects the overall productivity of an organization. A right selection may increase the overall performance of a company & a wrong one may lead to material and financial loss. A perfect selection process can help to pick the most eligible candidates amongst all applicants. The Process of selecting candidates focuses on abilities, knowledge, skills, experience and various other related factors.
    Stages of selection process to get recruited in IBM:
    Written Exam
    IBM Interview Process
    Technical cum HR Interview

Interview Questions

• IBM Interview process consists of Technical Interview cum HR Interview. Following are the details of each phase:
      Technical interview
      Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company's technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
      HR Interview
      Final step to select a candidate as an employee is Interview as it helps to determine a candidate's personality. Questions can be of wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
      Clearing IBM Recruitment Process requires well-planned preparation with right guidance and motivation   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied as fresher to IBM. There were 3 rounds, Aptitude round, English language test and Face to face discussion. Aptitude and English test was not that hard and Face to face discussion went for 45 mins, I which all the basic questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to relocate from your place?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was an campus interview for me ,it went upto 40minutes. First there was an assesment test and then tr round and then hr round.the assesment was on paper which covers apptitude english and behavioral questions

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

First started with one level of online test with medium level difficulty for one hour and two levels of the technical interview- lasting one hour each. The technical round had JAVA based and c, C++ based questions. More of coding skill check. DSA was also asked. Strong coding skill is expected.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.