IBM Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IBM Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

3.1

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

For me it was easy since I had already worked for the client I was interviewing for, in this position and only had an interview about the new application I was going to work with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed in Bangalore in 2009. The interview was fairly straightforward,no surprises. I think it all depends on your specific interviewer. My skillset is Mainframes and that's what the interviewer tested. The technical int lasted for about 45 mins and was followed by an HR interview with the Project Manager. I quoted a number and was offered that salary. I was offered Relocation benefits as well.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you implemented Multiple Row Fetch.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I went through the interview process again for the second time in the past 5 years, and again, they permanently put a position on hold. My references checked out and passed my background check. IBM should not tease candidates in thinking they have an opportunity just to turn around and let them know it is on hold. I've missed opportunities because I couldnt give them a deciding answer since waiting for IBM to give me an answer. Very unprofessional!!!

Interview Questions

• Are you aware this is a on-going contract position and that there is no opportunity for permanent work?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Consisted of meeting three separate managers and senior technical staff. Brought into a meeting room and was asked several questions regarding my work history, followed by my educational background. Then was asked several technical questions focusing on security. with scenarios. I found the questions ranged from easy to mid level in complexity. Not many hard ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Your experience. Then into technical question   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed during a job drive at IBM. Technical round followed by managerial round. Both were telephonic and took place at the IBM Pune office. The best part about interviewing during the Job drive is that all the rounds of the interview process will be done in a day.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary and how much hike you are expecting?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

1. Was called on the basis of profile on Naukri via Job agency, Straight forward. Basic Mainframe questions. Interview within a week and then offer was made in another week

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Noida (India)).

Interview

Smooth and informative. Crisp and to the point.
    Scheduled rounds. On time. Feedback followed by each round and on the spot.
    Proactive recruiter and informative HRs. Professional and at the same time friendly enough to make you comfortable

Interview Questions

• Related to Technologies.
      Basic as well as brain storming
      Tricky questionnaire   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was good, completed successfully and took biometric and everything. Expected to get offer letter in one-two weeks. Then i have seen the real face of IBM. It took 4 months to get the offer letter and when i got it was only 8lpa as compensation but i asked for 10lpa(I have relevant experience of 5 years). My current CTC is 7.42lpa so hike IBM is giving is 7% :). I asked for more and after 2 weeks i got a reply that its not possible to revise the salary. Not sure on what basis they are giving hikes to laterals. I have wasted my time and energy.Never recommend IBM. I heard like same has happened for many of my friends. It seems like they simply want few people to do their work

Interview Questions

• Procedures,Functions,cursors,collections,Materilized views etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for hike but they are not ready to negotiate..Gave 7% hike only...so rejected the offer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

The Interview process started with IBM recruiter scheduling my interview.I met with the recruiter in person on the interview date and she was kind and friendly.I was interviewed by a Tech Lead within 10-15 minutes. The interview was for around 40-50 minutes. The interviewer had in depth knowledge of the field. He was friendly and made me feel confident and at ease immediately. Basic plsql questions were asked along with some basic coding to explain and implement few plsql functionalities.It was a great experience. Next was the managerial round. It was a telephonic interview with the manager. My past work experience in the last two companies were asked in depth. Some problem solving questions about my last project was also asked. Last round was the HR. I was informed within a couple of days of my selection and the recruitment team and HR have been touch frequently. Overall a great and quick interview process.

Interview Questions

• Basic plsql questions ranging from joins and triggers to collections , analytical functions were asked. Simple coding on how to use collections inside a function , package and declare all in spec.Simple coding on dynamic sql and use of ref cursor was also asked. Overall nothing will be asked that your experience would not have taught you already.Brush up basic plsql so that you don't get stuck on simple definitions.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in September 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interview.
    1- Technical telephonic- If you are a deserving candidate then it will continue for more than 40-45 minutes. Once over, HR will update you in few minutes regarding your status.
    2- PDM round- It's a kind of managerial round. They will ask you some situation oriented question based on your project. You approach to the question should be fine.
    Hr discussion will happen on same round itself.
    After one week received email from IBM to send required documents. Once sent document, it will take one more one week to get the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• 1- Basic and advanced level questions from UNIX, shell scripting, SQL and plsql   Answer Question

Negotiation

You will get the salary offer on PDM round itself. Depend on you if you accept it or not. But they will let you know the maximum they can provide.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.