Microsoft Software Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Microsoft Software Development Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Interview

It was thoughtful process, protracted hiring decision though. I had a good experience and appreciated meeting with the hiring manager and team. I learned a lot from the the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Technical quiz, asked me many hard questions related to software development and project management. The call kept losing connection, but luckily the lady was friendly about it and we continued the interview where we left off. Overall, it was a difficult interview, but I made it to the next round despite not feeling like it had gone well.

Interview Questions

• Asked specific technical questions   3 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I had 2 interview rounds. 1st one was video call it took 45 minutes asked .net related questions. 2nd one was coding round and asked questions on angular. This interview was in 2015. Got offer.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin and after applying I was invited to an on campus interview. The interview was only 30 minutes long. My interviewer spent about 5 minutes on my resume and then moved on to a coding question, which took the rest of the time because I blanked. He wasn't able to answer my question about some of Microsoft's volunteering efforts, but that's understandable.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted array of integers, return a string array in the format ["start int -> end int", int] where start is the beginning of a substring of continuous numbers to end, and int is non continuous integers.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The first round and 2nd round interviews is a very exhausting intimidating process, but an amazing experience. Speaking to some of the most brilliant minds in the world, so do not try and fake, they don't care as long as you are a good cultural fit.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Sat down and asked about my experiences, favorite software languages, and finally some technical questions. I didn't do a great job and was still in college. Didn't hear back. Was nervous!

Interview Questions

• They asked how you would shuffle a deck of cards through software   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Questions were easier than anticipated but there seemed to be greater emphasis to get them correct. 4 interviews all day back-to-back, it was pretty exhausting by the end. Interview process was pretty rushed, had a call and they told me three days later to come on-sight. The developers and recruiters I talked to were nice but everything seemed unorganized until the day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• You're given a string of ints, called s, and and an int, called k. Write a function that returns the smallest value of 's' when you eliminate k ints from s.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Ithaca, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

In person technical interview with current developer. Was first asked a few behavioral questions about interests and proceeded to answer technical question and write code on whiteboard. Interviewer was nice.

Interview Questions

• Spiral traversal across infinite 2D array   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

General Aptitude test which also involved one simple coding question. Had a personal interview after clearing this test. Was asked three questions in the interview related to Databases, OS and a puzzle.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Miami, FL (US)).

Interview

30 minute interview on campus with a review of some past projects and roles played in developing on a team. Talked about specific algorithms and approaches to data sets. 20 minutes for a simple coding problem.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.