Microsoft Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Microsoft Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a referral from a friend and got contacted for a phone screen. I was asked a LC easy question and a few follow-ups. Passed that and was invited to an on-site (virtual).
There were 4 on-site interviews. 3 technical, 1 behavioral. In the technical ones, I was asked one LC easy, one medium and one non-LC medium level. The interviewers were very friendly and helped me when I got stuck.

I don't think I did amazing, just well enough. I tried to make a connection with each interview and talk to them as if they were my coworkers.

Got an offer 1 week after on-site. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite or the most challenging project you worked on   9 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

1-hour phone tech interview. First, we introduced to each other about the background then comes with 1 algorithm problem. During the solving process there's a lot of questions was asked.

Interview Questions

• find how many times an sorted array has been rotated eg: [4,5,6,1,2,3] ans:3   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview loop consisted of going from office to office, talking to 5+ engineers, and mostly solving coding problems on the whiteboard, in real time. Additionally, some "brain teaser" type questions were asked.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

First-round. Contacted by a recruiter. Had a coding question to solve in 45 min.
    Along with explanation. First, introduce yourself and then started with the experience and projects and finally the coding question.

Interview Questions

• Coding question asked was Spiral Matrix- Leetcode medium   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Very well managed interview in Seattle. Helped me improve as a developer. Stay at the hotel was really nice and the lobby was great. The interviewers were stern faced at first but after going back home I realized they were trying to help me.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied for the position at Microsoft's career website. The recruiter reached out to me and scheduled the initial screening round.
    1) Round 1: Phone interview (30mins)
    Asked about my job background
    Solved a string problem in 15mins

2)Virtual Round of interviews(3 interviews)
    I got a response from recruiter within few days saying the team is interested in interviewing you further.
    This was scheduled for 23rd July. I got an email from recruiter on 20th saying they have cancelling my interview as team has elected to move forward with another candidate.
    This is very weird situation and I feel is not appropriate for the team to make a decision on your capability even without the interview.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation question Easy level question.
      Signed the non-disclosure so can't be specific   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

1. On campus interview
    2. Final round online

final round had 4 interviews back to back testing algorithm questions
    if you do leetcode mostly you should be fine

try to practice because they will look at your speed and thought process as well
    the experience also depends on interviewer but overall not bad at all

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I highly recommend people applying for jobs at Microsoft to attend their Virtual seminars. It helps a lot connect directly with recruiters. I am still in the middle of the interview process. Very well structured 60 minutes phone interview. Started with my intro and projects that I have been working on followed by a coding question and then a small design discussion.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode medium and hard questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Got in contact with a recruiter through a friend, which led to a casual phone call just to get to know each other. Later had a technical phone screen. I was then invited to a virtual onsite which was 4, 45 minute interviews via Teams with 15 minute breaks in between.

Each interview started with an introduction by the interviewer followed by a ‘tell me about yourself’. Some interviewers delved deeper into my previous experience while others went straight to the technical problem. At the end you have time to ask questions.

The technical questions were on the easy/medium side. Make sure to know the basic algorithms/data structures and be able to explain how/why you would use them. I was expected to explain my solution thoroughly before I was able to write code. All of the interviewers were extremely nice and helpful. The interviews were very collaborative and gave me a good idea what the interviewers would be like to work with which I really liked.

My advice would be to just be yourself! If you don’t know an answer be honest and treat it as you would if you were working through a problem with a coworker or teammate.

Interview Questions

• NDA, but it will require the standard knowledge required for technical interviews.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I started with an on campus technical interview, and then I was invited out to Seattle to complete 5 consecutive technical interviews. I felt like they were only interested in testing me on the spot, I definitely suffer under high pressure situations like that. I didn’t feel that this was a good environment to show what I can do code wise, and they barely asked me questions about extensive industry experience. They also really didn’t care to get to know me at all.

Interview Questions

• On campus, I was asked to solve a simple string manipulation problem and a text search problem.   2 Answers
    • In Seattle, I had 5 back to back technicals. This was exhausting, and much higher pressure as you have several engineers watching you work. I was asked several difficult graph search problems, difficult sorting problems, and one weird linked-list dictionary problem.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.