Microsoft Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Find jobs for Software Engineer

Microsoft Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 rounds of interview of 45 min each. Was asked coding questions based on data structures and concurrency. Leetcode medium level. 3 rounds went well and one did not go well. Recruiter told me this.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Easy and rather short . Two technical phone interviews. The second was more behavioral than technical. Worked through the solution with my interviewer and worked through testing. That was really helpful as far as communication goes. Really liked the experience overall

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Brief about my experience? (Give clear explanation of your skills)
    What is the thought process on creating games which has grids (Like SUDOKU, Minesweaper etc.,)
    What is the difference between java.util.Random and Math.random()?

Interview Questions

• Generate a random character grid (size can be n * m for ex: 4 * 5) with only 5 values as '1' and all other values filled with '0's.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The whole process felt really rushed and mismanaged. After passing the online assignment I got offered an onsite in Redmond 10 days later, I was not offered the option to reschedule since recruiter claimed it was the only hiring event for that team (later I learned this events happen pretty often). I accepted, microsoft took a week to send me the travel arrangements and my flights where confirmed less than 3 days before the onsite, making it hard to plan ahead and get days off my current job. I emailed the recruiter the day after passing the online assignment asking for some guidance on materials to prepare for the onsites, no answer, I got an email from him with some prep material the evening before the interview! 5 days after the onsite I got a call from the recruiter saying that I wasn't selected for this role but that they had another opening that might fit me better and encouraged me to re-interview right away, I declined the offer and asked to get some feedback from my onsites on areas to improve, recruiter didn't have the feedback at the time but said I should be receiving it by email in the next day. That was 3 weeks ago, still waiting...

As for the onsites, I had 4 hours of technical interviews, 3 on DS and Algs 1 on Systems Design, interviewers where really nice and helpful, the problems where about medium leetcode difficulty. One of the interviewers seemed a bit shocked when I said I was gonna do the challenge in python, ( this was already determined since day 1 when I spoke with the recruiter) and seemed to be improvising the challenge as we went, which made the whole thing pretty confusing, so that didn't feel great.

Overall the onsite experience was positive, but recruiting process was one of the worst I ever experienced

Interview Questions

• Medium leetcode stuff. Create a cache system (Hashing tables, Linked lists...), Labyrinth grid challenge, substr in string...   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There was one technical phone screen and three rounds of onsite interviews. Interviewees take the candidates to the room and there may be three to five rounds for each one.

Interview Questions

• your favorite project and details about that, some coding questions related to tree and binary search   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied on their website, and was contacted in a month for a phone screen. The hiring manager asked a fairly basics design question, and ended the interview stating interest in having me come for an on-site. The on-site consisted of 5 interviews and a lunch in the team's offices.

Interview Questions

• Given a file hierarchy, write an algorithm to traverse the hierarchy and process data in the file system.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Awesome experience. Two rounds of technical + behavioral interviews. Get to stay at a nice inn and food you eat are reimbursed. The offices are really nice, people are welcoming, and always smiling.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

phone, onsite, all the standard processes. easy overall, coding and behavioral questions, love the team and people. very positive and many cool technologies, love the team, love the people and everything I see

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

1. recruiter contact from linkedin.
    2. recruiter sent an online assessment link, 1 hour
    3. Onsite (Hiring event) 3 rounds, coding questions
    1) Merge Linkedlist
    2) Phone number permutation (recursive)
    3) get products from an input array without the current number. Can not use division

Interview Questions

• 1. Merge Linkedlist
      2. Phone number permutation (recursive)
      3. get products from an input array without the current number. Can not use division   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

phone interview. asked about the programming problem. Leetcode problem. Use an online editor to program it out and asked about complexity analysis. The interview is about 30 minutes. After that there is no opening told by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.