Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Microsoft

10,142 Interview Reviews

3.1

Explore Program Interview

Interview

The interviewer was not very approachable, friendly, and didn't respond to my answers so it was difficult to tell if I was going on the right path. When I asked clarifying questions, he would just repeat the same question again. The questions were very broad. I left the interview feeling terrible and severely disappointed in myself.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of technology?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

recruiter reached out to me and set me up with an initial phone screen
    after i passed that i went to seattle for onsite
    nice people in the loop, shame i couldn't pass

Interview Questions

• 3 coding 1 behavioral round   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Interview

Had a technical screen with one member of the team I was interviewing for. He asked one question and we spent some time going over logical reasoning regarding solutions, and then code. Then I did a virtual onsite with five interviews, including an "as appropriate" interview with someone higher up. Most of the questions were easy/medium, and the interviewers varied from friendly to mildly angry. I was told afterward that my feedback was great, but the position had been filled, and I declined to look for other positions, as it was really just that one I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Logically fairly simple, but some questions involved more uncommon data structures. Not easy, but simple if you're well-prepared.   2 Answers

Program Manager Intern Interview

Interview

Had a phone screen for the first round. A 30-minute call with the recruiter who asked me some basic technical questions as well as behavioral ones. Know your story well, and know why you want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Microsoft?   1 Answer

SWE Intern Interview

Interview

It was okay. The interviewer was kind and tried calming me before the interview, trying to phrase questions in such a manner that it is easier to understand. I enjoyed the process but the problem itself was a bit difficult for me

Interview Questions

Interview

30 mins virtual 1st round interview. Interview was on microsoft team. It was about whether I fit Microsoft as a company so the questions were geared towards my background, and behavioural questions.

Since there was only 30 mins, so the interviewer was rushing to ask all the questions she prepared to get signals. At the last 5 mins, there were Q&As sections.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time you deal with conflict? ", "What's your favourite project?"?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Interview

Just the normal interview process conducted online due to Covid-19.
    Before the interview, you are required to provide some writing samples and a brief introduction of the project you did before.
    Phone screen
    Interview

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions with specifics to the projects listed in your resume.   Answer Question

Mentee Interview

Interview

Very casual, a simple video call. They asked personality questions and asked about your contribution to team projects in the past. They were very nice through the three round interview

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to take the initiative to help your team out?   Answer Question

Explore Intern Interview

Interview

I did my phone screen ~a month after applying, and got invited to the final round the next day. The interview was chill and pleasant. They reuse questions in my case so do some google before interview.

Supply Chain In Interview

Interview

Super day can be long and they will ask you a bunch of questions back to back. It is a whole day-long process and they usually will fly you out to their headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Situational and behavioral questions, mainly about how you drove past projects   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.