Find jobs for Graduate Structural Engineer

AECOM Graduate Structural Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 1,186.0 interviews

Recruiter7%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Sydney) in Sep 2021

Interview

1. Resume submission 2. Initiation to complete aptitude test and personality test. 3. Recorded video interview - Name a time you failed. Name a time you had a personal difficulty and how you overcame it. Why would you like to work for AECOM. The questions on the aptitude test could easily be completed by an average high-school student. I have a PhD in structural engineering and applied for the "graduate engineer in structures and bridges" position and was informed by AECOM that "we have other candidates that better fit the skills of the position". However, I passed all the stages of the interview in which my aptitude was tested, it was only when I submitted a video of myself that I was rejected on the grounds of lack of "skills". You can make of that what you will.

Interview Questions
  • If you have a bridge with 21 lights on each side and each light costs 3 cents per hour to run, $810 to buy and $120 to install, using the graph of number of hours per month the lights run calculate the 10 year cost of lighting the bridge.
    1 Answer
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Basingstoke, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

I was interviewed by two people and at the beginning they gave me a 4 questions test, which were really hard. After that we went into very general questions and I also presented to them my portfolio.

Interview Questions
  • What is quality? What's your favorite material? What is your favorite type of structure? What do you know about our company?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at AECOM (London, England) in Nov 2019

Interview

First stage - online written questions and answers. Second stage - online tests, psychometric based questions. Third stage - in personal interview in Aecom Aldgate office. Interview lasted 1.5-2 hours. Interviewed by two Aecom staff, both very friendly. Started off with questions about my past, education, what I was into, CV etc. Then general skills based questions, 'give us an example of when you've used this skill?'. Then showed me plans of a project they were working on and got me to point out key parts.

Interview Questions
  • Draw the bending moment diagram and deflection of this beam.