AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

AECOM Interview Questions

Interviews at AECOM

2.6

Interview

I filled out an application from LinkedIn and they sent me a questionnaire in my email. Then, they scheduled an interview about a month later. The interview was supposed to start at 9:00 am. At 9:10, they emailed and asked if the interview could start at 10:00 am.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was a 2-day company hiring event at a hotel. First night was social meet-n-greet, second day was the interview. The interview process lasted about 45 mins. It was a smooth interview, got the job offer after 2 weeks.

Planning Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

The interview was a phone interview with the team leads. They asked me to submit a work sampling/portfolio highlighting my design and mapping skills. It was a very conversational interview and they genuinely were interested in my past experiences and career goals even though the position technically really just needed basic technical skills in GIS, InDesign, Illustrator, AutoCad.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with GIS and Adobe Creative Suite?   1 Answer

Entry Level Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Interview

Interviewer Mr. Youngerman was a little strange. Sometimes made me feel uncomfortable. Saying I could take a "pee break" between the online zoom interview. Other than him everyone else that interviewed were rather nice and I felt the interview was solid. Always asked me if I was okay with heights, like all the time haha. Like they work on smoke stacks all day. They will make you travel a lot too, so hopefully you are single. Like they literally ask you if you are scared of heights all the time.

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I was interviewed by a Senior Level Engineer who did not seem to care. Told me ‘we don’t know how to train during a pandemic so I don’t even know if we will hire’. Only asked me 3 surface level questions and then said he was done after 10 minutes. I was told I would hear back with a yes or no promptly and have still not heard 7 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy site visits or office work more?   1 Answer
    • What does your focus want to be?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM in May 2020.

Interview

Standard - First and Second round. Managers and other office personnel involved. Standard questions - greatest strength, weaknesses, interest in job etc. Gauging interest in job - overview of skills for the position. Preparation definitely required.

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Only phone interview. Scheduled a date and confirm the date before interview. Asking Typical interview questions. Such as introduce yourself; talk a bit more about the project you did; why you want to join our company, etc.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was originally called and asked to go to lunch with two of the project managers. Shortly after, I was invited to the office for a formal interview. The interview lasted a full day. I met with several project managers and went to lunch with two mid level employees. The interview included giving a 20 minute presentation and getting a tour of the labs.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. A little nerve wracking to try to navigate on a federal installation. Once I got to the interview I spoke with a lead team member, Project Manager, and Deputy Project Manager. They all seemed nice and the work seemed interesting. Afterwards I got a tour of the facility. All in all it was a good experience.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM (Oakland, CA (US)).

Interview

Round robin interview lasting about 25 minutes each. Asked about my previous work experiences and what I expect to get from this position. Followed up with characteristic cards where I had to split the deck in half until I was down to 10 characteristics that showed what I valued.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.