Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Marks & Spencer

1,094 Interview Reviews

2.6

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Received a message for an interview.

I rate it negative as I only got informed on the interview itself that they have a height requirement for this position. I was asked what's my height in feet - this is the interviewer's second question. I wonder why ask when I have placed my height on their form in meters. I asked the if they have a height requirement. I got a yes. Questioning went on.

I left disappointed, such a waste. It was not written on their job post, otherwise I would have not wasted time and effort to apply and go through the interview.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

One to one interview to explain the product. I started convincing the buyer to take this product as soon as possible for availability. Sell this product to the customer and finally accepted to buy.

Interview Questions

• Sell this product to the customer and finally accepted to buy.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

they have long interview process.
    first they do group interview, then 1 : 1. after you do presentation for 15 minutes
    they ask your experiences, your career plan why do you want to work in that company

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorset, VT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Dorset, VT (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Following an online application process which took about an hour, I was offered an interview at M&S. The interview consisted of a role play where I was given a script and had to pretend to be a customer assistant. I then had an interview with one of the managers and was fortunately offered a job at the end if it.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation where you had a positive effect   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helens, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Saint Helens, OR (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Appied on line was told straight away I was succesful was given an interview for mon 3/11/2014 I was told straight away I had passed the assessment they took my bank details ect recived a call this morning 05/11/2014 saying I had got the job

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (New York, NY (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview involved questions about my background education and customer service experience. I was then asked to do a role play exercise where I was the shop assistant and the interviewer was the customer. Bit embarrassing but not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Interview

had to answer competency based questions as well as carry out a role play of how I would deal with an angry customer. Interview was straight forward and last about 20 minutes

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Few questions asked, e.g. about commute and questions about M&S core values then role play afterwards. Interviewer acts as customer. Interviewee acts as assistant and tailors approach to customer's need. Overall straight forward interview process

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Plymouth, England (UK)).

Interview

15min Scenario with a general customer problem, and you get a factsheet to help you during the interview and some time to 5mins prepare,
    10min Talk with line manager
    Hiring was done on the day

Interview Questions

• As long as you pass the scenario you pretty much have the job, I was asked when I was availabe straight away.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Bakery Interview

Interview

I was a series of questions about I would do in certain instances such as if a customer asked for a certain product and I knew those products weren't available. Everything is very straightforward and explained at the beginning.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked for *product* and this product wasn't in stock   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.