Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Marks & Spencer Interview Questions

Interviews at Marks & Spencer

1,020 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Just one face to face interview (after online questionnaire)where they asked a range of question. Typical interview questions, as well as more specific , when can you start etc kind of questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

After submitting online application I received an online test. Afterwards I received a phone interview asking for past works and technical skills. At last I was invited to an assessment centre where I went through a group interview, an individual interview, a presentation session and a technical interview. Group interview involves several applicants designing a specific application. Individual interview asks generic competency questions. Presentation is pre-prepared. Technical interview asks you to prepare written codes for a specific task and explain your code,

Interview Questions

• Strength of yourself. A time when you pushed yourself over the boundary. Java Server questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

First was having a phone interview - found the company it is not using (and does not intend to) any of new technologies, and it's sticking with very well knows js libraries.

Generally speaking - Waste of your precious time, you would be asked question not related to your job.

Interview Questions

• Interview consisted of 3 parts:

1. Coding exercise
      2. Logical part
      3. QA

Was given a broken HTML page, had to talk through of what elements can be improved, what can be simplified etc.
      Next task was refactoring a promises Api to be compliant with ES6 async/await.

Had been asked a thousands of questions, even questions not related to programming ie:

- what do you think the high street market would look like in future

Sorry, I have applied for work as a software developer not a merchant / sales manage / etc...

On the interview found out job is located in a different place.

If I knew such a respectable company is treating it's potential employees wouldn't even bother going on interview itself.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Exeter, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

online tests (personality+work style), assessment: line manager interview + role play
    One guy just pretended to be a customer who couldn't find a product and i need to meet his need by offering alternative products and talked him through the our online shop. Also the line manager asked me about examples of innovation, integrity, why M&S.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have to do a right thing?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Online assessments then interview, questions and situational judgement test. Very easy and relaxed process, a bit of roleplay common for these types of customer-focused roles. Didn't require any real demonstration of skill level.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to the companies values, look at the three values and come up with times that you have demonstrated you have these.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Guildford, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

easy and simple. it was two members from the team they were welcoming and relaxed so it made it easier for me. I was surprised how easy it really was.

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rotherham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Rotherham, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Online application form with some situational scenarios. Take a long time but are really realistic and feel like they help a lot in the real role. This followed by some Would you do this or that questions.

Interview once you get there which is followed by a role play where I got a "cake not turning up" scenario

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in March 2012.

Interview

Very simple, It was a 18 year old looking for a part time job! you just show up for a chat and get hired. Spoke to a manager in a room for 10 minutes and then was shown round the store by another manager

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Malvern, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview included two parts. One was a knowledge test and the other one was interview by a manager. The first part was easy. You are asked to arrange ambient, chilled and frozen products according to their categories and sell by date.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview split into three parts, the first part was to head out on to the shop floor and put together three full outfits and then talk about them. Second part was a floor walk talking about various displays, the third part was an actually one to one interview about me adn my experience.