Marks & Spencer Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Marks & Spencer Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Marks & Spencer

2.6

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Online application alongside face to face interview. Was quick and was offered the job on the day. Online tests can be time consuming and quite difficult so take your time. Face to face interview can be with two members of staff.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

It was a very casual interview in a room just off the staff-room. He asked a few questions about why I wanted the role, my availability and then assessed some competencies M&S value. He told me that there could be a wait until I was offered a role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you demonstrated leadership in a group.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Guildford, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online and had to complete a few personality tests which I passed and got to choose an interview date. During the interview, I got asked the typical questions (mainly about the 4 I's). Then came the role play which you got 5 min to memorise the material given and the assessor was pretending to be a customer looking for an item out of stock. You had to suggest alternatives and upsell etc. After I was informed I passed and got offered a job. Overall the process took 2 hours and was more like a general chat/ relaxed feeling.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wirral, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Wirral, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

Took less than a week after doing the online test. I was asked about the 4 I's and had to do a role-play on why they should buy a particular product.

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Good interview a role play activity is the main part of it where you basically learn some information given to you on a sheet and then re-enact a scene as a sales assistant helping a customer. At the end of it make sure you ask if there is anything else they need help with

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

The interview was a one to one process with one of the managers. The first part was an ordinary interview. The second part an employee role played a customer that you would have to help and the manager would judge how well you coped with the situation.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

applied online with a quiz to answer and then called into store for a group interview with a one to one at the end

role play with scenario of how you would deal with the situation
    one to one interview
    group session with questions and answers
    tour of the store and mock customer situation

Interview Questions

• what do you like about Mns?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

I applied online, found out fairly quickly about my interview. Had a lot of choices for the interview time and date. My interview was split into two parts, a role-play, which i didn't do as well on, followed by an interview. They were ran by two different managers. At the end of my interview they offered me the job straight away, after checking my available work hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you have overcome a challenge   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was taken into a room where I had to wait 10 minutes for the interviewer. We went over availability and hours I’ll be able to work. She was extremely kind, didn’t ask any questions other than when I’m available, and got excited when I asked her questions! The role play exercise involved me helping a ‘customer’ who was another employee with an out of stock product. I did fine in this although I didn’t offer any additional help once I made a sale and didn’t get the job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Sheffield, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process went fairly smoothly. Once I'd passed an online questionnaire I was asked to choose an interview slot (there was only one available so wasn't much choice). I met with the manager and she seemed really friendly which put me at ease. We chatted for a while and she asked me a bunch of questions from a booklet, mainly the standard interview questions. We also did the role play element which went fine, it was a tad embarrassing but that's to be expected I suppose. It seemed to be going really well, she made comments like "you've got the right personality for this job", "you'd fit in really well", "brilliant answers", "you'd pick up working the tills in no time" and at the end of the interview "this interview went really well". She asked me to fill out nearly all the paperwork you'd expect if you'd been offered a job (apart from signing an actual contract) and answer questions about my availability, holiday's I had booked etc. I was aware that there was 3 jobs available and they were interviewing 8 people but the impression I got was that I would be successful. I got a missed call the next day from M&S but I was driving at the time so couldn't answer. I rang them back not long after but no one answered. I rang back again later and got passed from person to person and was eventually told that someone would ring me back. It's been over a week now and no one's contacted me so I'm assuming I haven't got the job. Fair enough if there were other more suitable candidates but I thought it was quite poor that no one let me know I hadn't been successful (a voicemail or email would have sufficed). Overall, a bit disappointed with the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for M&S?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.