Marks & Spencer Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Marks & Spencer Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Marks & Spencer

2.5

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Northampton, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Online application and questioning online before invited to interview. Interview involved a 10 minute role play with 5 mins prep time where information given. Interviewer supportive and gives prompts. Then told if passed role play and feedback given before interview. Interview focused on the 4I's and your view of the role of a sales assistant. Was offered job on the day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Manager took me upstairs. There was a roleplay that you had to memorise cards for. Basically something is out of stock. I found a solution for the customer but they didn't put me through to the actual interview as I didn't show enough personality or didn't upsell £100 worth of stuff

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

had to do a role play with someone pretending to give product advice, it was extremely awkward and daunting. This was then followed by a one to one interview which wasn't as bad.

Interview Questions

• What fabric is best for someone with sensitive skin?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, took a few situational tests and was shortlisted for interview the same day. Interview took place 2 days later. It was extremely relaxed and the interview took less than an hour. Involved a short role play and a brief discussion. I was told the outcome at the end and begun my training the next day

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

a role play based on customer service, then a formal interview. The role play based on a situation given to me prior to the actual role play. The situations are normally the type of situations might arise in the actual shop floor. The situation need to be handled in a way so the customer stay happy all along.

Interview Questions

• an interviewer acted as a customer and give you a situation with a problem facing by a customer. Other interviewer observes the role play and marks you on the basis of the role play.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

apply online, get booked an interview straight away if u pass test then interview a week later. in the interview there's a role play and another assessment. lasts for about an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

I had a phone interview which was easy enough. Simple multi choice questions related to customer service. This was followed by a face to face interview. The face to face interview was very intimidating. Two women were interviewing me and it felt more like an interrogation. There was a role play that seemed completely irrelevant to the job I was applying for. Didn't feel comfortable at all

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview was easy you just need to have common sense and not panic very very very very easy peasy the lady was nice . Ps glass door you shouldn't force people to write a review if they haven't got much to say

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Bristol, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

One on one interview, both interviewers were lovely and so so friendly- wanted to make sure I was relaxed and comfortable. Took 1 hour 30 mins. Had a role play which I was given a scenario and then roughly 5-10 minutes to familiarise myself with and prepare for. After this I was asked some questions all normal questions as they just wanted to get to know me. They then came back and told me I had got the job.

Interview Questions

• Experiences I have had with- integrity, innovation, inspiration & in touch   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are 2 days training (compulsory) before working, I am a student & training days mean missing lesson so important to consider if you're a student!

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Getting the interview itself involves doing aptitude tests online taking up to two hours. Then you can book yourself an interview slot.

Was at first interviewed with 2 members of staff with whom I had to do a role play with. The role play involved (as I had correctly predicted) up-selling items and deciding how to deal with a customer when their preferred item is not in stock. Prior to this, they had left me on my own for 15 minutes to read through a booklet containing descriptions and photos of items as well as a list of local stores. I did the roleplay with minor issues.

Then I had an interview with the manager. He asked me general questions and then if I preferred to work in the clothing section or the food hall. I said the clothing section. Following this, the two staff returned to tell me that the only roles available were specialised roles such as 'bra fitting' and the manager felt I lacked confidence and had said I wouldn't want to work in the food hall. I didn't receive an offer and they said the food hall roles would be available in a few months and to call them if I remained interested.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.