Marks & Spencer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Marks & Spencer

1,074 Interview Reviews

2.6

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

Started with a role play, had to 'sell' a product to a 'customer'. You were given an information sheet and 10 minutes to prepare. This was followed by a one on one interview.

Section Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Liverpool, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online, there are online test(s) to compete which you are given customer shopping and general day scenario's which can lead to multiple answers. you select your answer from multiple choice answers. If you pass you get an interview date to choose which can be 2 weeks away (and then cancelled).

Interview consisted of answering some general questions about what you know about the job (even if they've changed the job role advertised). once the 1st interrogation is done, you are given an in-tray assessment. You have 30mins to complete 2 sections/ tests.
    1: complete a blank rota for the day from 6am-8pm you have about 4-5 pages of information on what you need to include in the rota (3x staff briefings, restocking of shelves, breaks, 3hr store check, tills and service desk to be manned all day, with all tills manned 11am-2pm, a 2 hr display change, regular shop tidy, accounting for staff sickness and you have to account for your whereabouts at all times whilst being available for customers and colleagues
    2. a mathematical question about stock vs staff vs time/ productivity but is in a very large box

nb: from the tests, i assume that you will work solo, m&s rota's are not done in advance, but on a daily basis (not digital), staff are incapable of managing themselves and will soon to be exchanged for robots. it was also mentioned you'd be responsible for managing holiday requests and switching your days off at short notice, which sounds very mismanaged

Interview Questions

Interview

Very straight forward and to the point. They also provided various cases to check our responses to the same. This tested our presence of mind, communication skills and attention to detail. There was no pressure, plenty of room to be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer is looking for something the store doesn't have?   Answer Question

Enterprise Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Cambridge, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online. I then had to complete online tests, after which I was invited to an assessment centre. The AC had three parts: a group exercise (escape room, 30 minutes to solve as many puzzles as possible), an individual presentation and an interview. The HR was quite cold and impersonal, the escape room was rushed and meant to stress out applicants. Not a great experience.

Leadership Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Had an interview for a Leadership position. It seemed to go well, but I never heard anything back from them despite their commitment to let me know within a week and several attempts by me to contact them (it’s now been 3 months). Some contact to let me know what had happened would have been nice considering the effort people put into applying and the cost they put into travelling.

Administrative Interview

Interview

It was a quick process. Applied through online career website. Submit all the details including Cv, fiilling out form and then doing online test. Very easy quick and not too hard.

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

the interviewers asked me general questions about my background experience and two role plays, the interview took about 2.5 hours and I was interviewed by two section managers. The interview was fo a cafe customer assistant position

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Online questions that you have to complete relating to real life situations that could happen and what your solutions would be. Role play as a customer assisstant with someone acting as a custome, then a one to one interview with the manager.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Croydon, England (UK)).

Interview

It was online assessment and then is successful you will be invited for 2 hours of interview (small product presentation and interview afterwards).

The lady called Mel at Croydon’s branch held the interview with me. It was obvious that she can’t see great workers potential.

I have been told that I am “tasks” person rather than customer focused, that’s because I gave examples how I handled difficult situation by helping behind the scenes to make sure my team has everything laid for great job(as my previous role was a Manager).

I have applied for customer service representative because needed job with less hours and a bit of time for my newborn.
    Well, she said I am unsuccessful :)

Then I just wanted to give her a feedback and called the office and when she asked who is calling she did put me on hold Forever and never picked up :) :)

A Week later I just accepted a job offer with reduced hours as a Training Manager in one of the biggest Retail competitors.

Send me Mel, I’ll train her.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview seemed quite formal and I depth for a sales assistant role but the questions were fair and the women were nice. They mostly asked about past experiences of retail and also asked me how I would deal with hypothetical situations in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you dealt with a customer complain   Answer Question