Marks & Spencer Cafe Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Marks & Spencer Cafe Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Marks & Spencer

2.6

Café Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in May 2019.

Interview

I applied online with my CV and did the questionnaire, and instantly got an invitation to an interview. The interview wasn’t for another 3 and a half weeks but it was the only time available. I turned up only to be told that the position had already been filled earlier that week and that I would be put on “hold” for any vacancies opening soon. Very upset that I wasn’t told this earlier as I travelled over an hour to get there.

Interview Questions

• Where did you work previously and why M&S now?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time that you have listened to a customers needs.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Café Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Having already completed online tests, I was invited to an interview at the store for the job I applied. I was met by one of the senior team (think it should've been store manager but they were away at the time) who interview me 1:1. Very friendly, more a chance to display your skill set than try to catch you out.

Interview Questions

• When did you show leadership in your past work experience?   Answer Question

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Leeds (South Africa)) in August 2018.

Interview

Was actually being interviewed for working in the staff canteen. Questions were simple based around customer service, being proactive, strong willed, team player, etc. Was then asked to say why I would be good at the job. Another lady came in and they went outside to chat. Interviewer came back in and offered me the job.

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and passed the initial stage of the online assessment after which I had to book a slot where I could come in for a more formal interview. I went in the next day and I was asked to participate in a role play, interview, and meet a member of staff, then I was told to outline my availability and that they would be in touch after a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Why M&S and what can you offer?   1 Answer

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Applied online. Had to complete loads of online scenario tests and personality tests. Went to the store and got asked basic questions about my experience, team work examples and why I would be good for the role. You must be flexible.

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Port Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

online process - fairly simple, accepting contracted hours and inputting previous experience relating to the role
    1:1 interview - take part in task relating to role, so for hospitality it was about handling food and customer service, choosing the answers you think were correct, then interviewer would come back in and assess and ask why you picked those answers and you needed to explain
    Final stage was asking questions about experience and what you could bring to the team at M&S

Interview Questions

• Are you able to commit to the contracted hours?   1 Answer

Cafe Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in May 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview, asked about previous experience, and what the roll entailed.
    However, my overall experience is extremely negative. After applying for a FULL TIME, over 30 hour contract and being told I got the job as well as signing a contract I received a phone call 3 weeks later being told I can only be offered 19 hours (part time) a week due to my relevant experience. In my eyes this is false advertisement of a job and extremely misleading considering I was told I got the job. After my interview I quit my current job, now leaving me unemployed.
    On top of this they wanted me to work Saturday and Sunday 10-5 every week. I believe I have been treated so badly as I am 18 years old and think they can mess me about.
    If I were you I wouldn't waste your valuable time applying as they'll only mess you about.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you have shown innovation, inspiration, integrity and in touch- in terms of the work place   Answer Question

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Leeds, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick process applying online and completing the questionnaires (fairly easy), then emailed to book an interview slot. Went for an assessment and had to answer basis food knowledge questions, did an exercise on step-by-step instructions of making food and individual interview. Passed interview but was told that there are no vacancies and will keep my application on file for 6 months (although I think this means they hired someone else)

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Guildford, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

After checking in at the customer assistance desk your interviewer greets you and takes you for a 1:1 interview. My particular interview took place in a small supply cupboard because there was 'no other rooms available at the moment,' You then complete a simple role play where you need to suggest alternatives to sold out products for a customer. You're given all the information in some paper hand outs. If you successfully pass the role play you're then taken for a 1:1 interview where they ask about experience etc.

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Start off having a small chat with a member of staff, they explain how the process is going to go. For me it was a roleplay and then a formal interview.
    Roleplay you were given five minutes to read about the shop you were working for, and what the situation was with the 'customer'.

The member of staff walks back in and I was to start the roleplay immediately.
    It isn't as daunting as it seems, just talk to them how you would talk to a regular customer.
    Once that is over with another member of staff comes in and gives you a one to one interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.