Marks & Spencer Cafe Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Marks & Spencer Cafe Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Marks & Spencer

2.6

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Leeds (South Africa)) in August 2018.

Interview

Was actually being interviewed for working in the staff canteen. Questions were simple based around customer service, being proactive, strong willed, team player, etc. Was then asked to say why I would be good at the job. Another lady came in and they went outside to chat. Interviewer came back in and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and passed the initial stage of the online assessment after which I had to book a slot where I could come in for a more formal interview. I went in the next day and I was asked to participate in a role play, interview, and meet a member of staff, then I was told to outline my availability and that they would be in touch after a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Why M&S and what can you offer?   1 Answer

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Bolton, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a Christmas Temporary Job. i Was emailed to confirm I had been successful, and had to confirm interview time. Very friendly with 2 senior members of staff.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle situations with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Guildford, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

After checking in at the customer assistance desk your interviewer greets you and takes you for a 1:1 interview. My particular interview took place in a small supply cupboard because there was 'no other rooms available at the moment,' You then complete a simple role play where you need to suggest alternatives to sold out products for a customer. You're given all the information in some paper hand outs. If you successfully pass the role play you're then taken for a 1:1 interview where they ask about experience etc.

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Leeds, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick process applying online and completing the questionnaires (fairly easy), then emailed to book an interview slot. Went for an assessment and had to answer basis food knowledge questions, did an exercise on step-by-step instructions of making food and individual interview. Passed interview but was told that there are no vacancies and will keep my application on file for 6 months (although I think this means they hired someone else)

Cafe Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in May 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview, asked about previous experience, and what the roll entailed.
    However, my overall experience is extremely negative. After applying for a FULL TIME, over 30 hour contract and being told I got the job as well as signing a contract I received a phone call 3 weeks later being told I can only be offered 19 hours (part time) a week due to my relevant experience. In my eyes this is false advertisement of a job and extremely misleading considering I was told I got the job. After my interview I quit my current job, now leaving me unemployed.
    On top of this they wanted me to work Saturday and Sunday 10-5 every week. I believe I have been treated so badly as I am 18 years old and think they can mess me about.
    If I were you I wouldn't waste your valuable time applying as they'll only mess you about.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you have shown innovation, inspiration, integrity and in touch- in terms of the work place   Answer Question

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Applied online. Had to complete loads of online scenario tests and personality tests. Went to the store and got asked basic questions about my experience, team work examples and why I would be good for the role. You must be flexible.

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Winchester, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Online questionnaire, then standard one-on-one interview face to face.

I had to answer a series of questions mostly revolving around what I would do in X situation with customers I'd likely be dealing with.

What were my skills, strengths etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in X situation with this customer query?   1 Answer

Cafe Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

I filled an online application, most of which was how do you make an espresso etc. If you don't drink coffee it would have been a hard few questions, one's I didn't know I looked on line for. I found the questions were very much repeated and a bit tedious to be honest. Most of them were more about how sub- servant you are and not a free thinker. Several of them asked do you not seek praise from others, low to high you had to score. It took around 45 minutes on line. The next day you had an email to say you could book an appointment. I had an interview at Remploy in Newcastle, I was nervous and I misunderstood the question been asked of me. I was took in a room to do role play, because I misunderstood the question the interview was terminated there and then. I though that a bit harsh especially as I swotted up on their ten minutes, leaflets. I feel if I was given another go I would be a hard worker, pleasant staff member.

Interview Questions

• Keep asking me if I often expect praise from others. Also do I always put myself first in situations, this all sounded if I was selfish in having to say low to high to agree. I always put my children before myself but these questions were just de meaning.   1 Answer

Cafe Assistant Interview

Interview

Was asked lots of questions about why I thought I would be good for the role, filled out a 25 question test on food safety concepts (multiple choice) and then scored based on what I got. I got 18/25 and told I had passed, so not sure what the minimum pass rate was.

Interview Questions

• What would one of the downsides be to working at this store?   Answer Question

Was offered a different role instead in the store even though I had been offered the one I came in for. Decided there was a better role in the store for me than the one I came in for.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.