Long View Systems Reviews

Updated 30 Jun 2020

3.4
Long View Systems CEO Brent Allison (no image)
Brent Allison
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance is basically non-existent even though leadership attempts to preach it(in 19 reviews)

• "Middle-management and on-site managers consistently struggle to figure out the technologies their customers need and provide a comprehensive plan(in 8 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

Long View's a good place to work. There is room to advance your career if you work hard and help with company goals.

Cons

We work with technology, so it requires after-hours and weekend work that isn't my favorite.

July 2, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Long View so far! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time here and that you feel that you can grow with us. That's our intent! We understand the after-hours and weekend work isn't desirable, but also sometimes part of the key IT role you play. Have you discussed this with your Manager or PS Advisor to see if there's anything that can be done to reduce this? If not, please do. And thanks for all you do!

"Truth"

Former Employee - Site Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

People are just making free money at this company. This company is resourceful and could be a good company, but I feel bad for the CEO and the owner of the company, you pay management / execs for nothing, review these positions (Site Manager, CSM, Team Lead, TSM) if you want LVS to do well in the future and look for help if needed.

Cons

I can speak with confidence that this company can definitely survive but 100% won't do well in the future. Good luck and hope you survive in C-19.

June 30, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on your experience when you were employed by us. We would like to understand more about your comments so that our current employees can continue to have a great experience. Please call our SVP of People Services, Tasha, at 403-515-6900. She is looking forward to connecting with you and learning more about your feedback. Please stay well and safe.

3. "Good but needs improvement in some areas"

4.0
    Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Calgary, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When the economy if good, you can work for multiple clients whether in Managed Services or Projects. Co-workers are generally nice. You get to work with competent and great people. Overall, I would recommend.

Cons

Compensation could be better. Can be difficult to advance.

May 12, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Hello there, thanks for taking the time to share your experience on your time with us! It's great that you enjoyed the work you did and that you appreciated your co-workers too. Our goal is to provide a No Regrets Career for our employees and we are disappointed that you didn't get to experience that. Would you be interested in sharing more with our SVP of People Services so we can learn how we may be able to improve? If so, please call her at 403-515-6900. Thanks for everything you did for us and we wish you the best of luck in your new role!

4. COVID-19

"Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've only been with Long View for a couple of months but the culture is fantastic. Every day the leadership team is focused on Long View's people; it is very evident during this turbulent time of Covid-19. Really appreciate how involved the Human Resources team is in every aspect of the business.

Cons

Honestly, there really aren't cons. There are growing pains but every organization has growing pains.

March 25, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to post this review on your experience with us so far. We are pleased that you are having the employee experience that we strive for, even in these unprecedented times. If there is anything that we can do for you, please don't hesitate to reach out to your People Services Advisor or Manager. Thanks for all you have done for us so far!

"The Vancouver branch is declining fast"

2.0

I worked at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

Flexible work from home policy Overall is a good company and the head office executives are great. They take care of their employees

Cons

Not enough projects for this branch. There’s no good leadership. Worst performing branch since change in leadership. It seems that they don’t have a clear sales strategy. They are treating this as a body shop instead of a high end consultation firm

April 8, 2020SVP, People Services

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on your experience with us. I would like to understand more about your concerns so that we can ensure our current employees can have a great experience. Please give me a confidential call or email so that I can learn more!

"Not so Great People or Culture"

2.0
    Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good for people starting out in IT. Decent pay

Cons

Don't go to HR as they will throw you under the bus. Some managers have been with company for 17years, making company not see its full potential. Business is all Oil&Gas, so if that goes down they have lots of layoffs. Company values aren't really practiced in US operations. Managers are all Canadians, they don't allow Senior Managers to be Americans. Company is ran by bunch of friends, instead of true leadership.

April 2, 2020SVP, People Services

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with our People Services team and that you're not seeing our values being practiced in the US. Those are both aspects that we care deeply about and we want to rectify very quickly. It's difficult for me to act on your response with so little detail, but I would highly value a confidential conversation with you to better understand what you experienced. You can reach me on any of our company communication methods and I'd welcome that conversation so we can learn and improve!

7. "Good Company, Amazing People"

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Almost everyone who works over there is nice and friendly. * Relaxed positive environment, everyone is laid back. You dont feel a negative work pressure while working there. * Open environment where management always speaks to the employees about whats going on and the direction they are taking unlike other companies where they keep you in the dark. * The company has an amazing culture where they always bring food over on Thursdays and do events in order to get everyone together. * The company does look out for your career and best interest. You can see that from top management all the way down to the local team.

Cons

* Depends on which department you are in, but work can really go up and down sometimes where you spend considerable time just waiting for work to arrive.

March 18, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time out to write this review on your time with us so far. We are pleased that you are experiencing the people that we pride ourselves on and that keep us going! Sometimes with a consulting-based company, the project work can fluctuate, but in the quieter times, we recommend you do some training to keep your saw sharp. Thanks for all you do and for bringing a positive attitude everyday!

8. COVID-19

"COVID-19 was just an opportunity to get rid of people"

1.0

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good customers Amazing technical team to work with Great culture

Cons

- Since January 2020 they said goodbye to many good employees in Vancouver, Why? Vancouver management team is horrible that's it. - Sales team - they're accomplish was loosing good and valuable customers - Project managers - Even don't understand what they are looking for and talking about - Human resource - They are just there to shoot people out and make the process faster - COVID-19 - They took this crisis as an opportunity to get rid of people. They started laying off people who were busy and billable and were doing their great job to keep their clients happy and being productive.

April 24, 2020SVP, People Services

This has not been an easy time for so many people around the world. We work with a number of customers who have had to cancel projects or postpone work with us, and we have been able to reallocate and find new work for most of those people but not everyone. You have stated some very specific feedback that I would like to learn more about to ensure we can improve this experience for others. Please reach out to me directly and confidentially to help with this. I can be reached at 403-515-6900. Long View is absolutely a People First company and continues to be. We have to balance the well-being of each person with the well-being of the whole of Long View. This unfortunately means that we have had to make a few difficult decisions about some individuals, but we are very proud we have not had to do any major lay-offs at this time.

9. COVID-19

"Covid reveals the cracks of company values"

1.0

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This is one area the Vancouver office is getting right. Some of the best company social events I have ever seen in the workplace. Great customers. Flexible work arrangements.

Cons

Middle-management and on-site managers consistently struggle to figure out the technologies their customers need and provide a comprehensive plan. This has led to major operational deficiencies with leadership scrambling to fix issues during the downturn in revenues instead of mitigating the risk during good times. Poor sales strategy and leadership resulting in consultancy layoffs because account management and sales were not focused or communicating properly. Consultants often taking the hit to resolve poorly contracted statements of work thereby reducing billable hours and the opportunity to be rewarded via incentives that are heavily promoted during the hiring process. The ugly: Unilateral decisions to layoff several billable staff who were mid-project ultimately impacting good employees, resourcing and customers all because of poor leadership. Despite staff following suggested measures to keep the company profitable this year, layoffs came at an unusual time as other companies are taking different measures to support their family of staff. An incredibly disappointing move from a company that promotes integrity as one of its pillars and especially at a time that the government is providing incentives to keep people employed.

April 21, 2020SVP, People Services

We were also devastated to let anyone go. We work with a number of customers who have had to cancel projects or postpone work with us, and we have been able to reallocate and find new work for most of those people but not everyone. Unfortunately we are not eligible for the government programs to retain employees, but we continue to watch each new announcement and assess our possible fit. Long View is absolutely a People First company and continues to be. We have to balance the well-being of each person with the well-being of the whole of Long View. This unfortunately means that we have had to make a few difficult decisions about some individuals, but we are very proud we have not had to do any major lay-offs at this time.

10. "Great company"

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

There is No downsides working here

March 3, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks so much for stopping by to post this short review on us! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with us so far. If there's anything you feel that we can improve on, please don't hesitate to connect with your People Services Advisor or Manager. Thanks for all you do!

Found 248 reviews