Long View Systems Systems Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Long View Systems Systems Analyst Reviews

Updated 12 Nov 2019

3.9
Long View Systems CEO Brent Allison (no image)
Brent Allison
1 Rating

"System Analyst"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

Work life balance good company to work for

Cons

company is only good for starters

Long View Systems2019-11-12
  2. "A Great Introduction to Corporate IT.."

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of support from Management and HR. Great schedule with amazing work life balance. Excellent compensation package.

Cons

nothing currently comes to mind.

Advice to Management

My management/HR team has been amazing and continues to surprise me with their enthusiasm and support.

Long View Systems2019-08-28

"A fair company to work for"

Systems Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Long View Systems

Pros

Working with people of different background and Technical expertise. A chance to learn new things.

Cons

Management shows favoritism to certain employees especially during time of slow work. Some managers do not care about the employees.

Advice to Management

Place employees that have been with the company first before hiring outside or bringing in new employees. Try getting positions in various industries rather than oil.

Long View Systems2016-12-27

"Lacking integrity, credibility and honesty"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Edmonton, AB
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- working with great people who I have made some lifetime friends with - when you get a bit of a push on your career it can be fun

Cons

- too many middle men to get to the person you need an answer from - very clique environment - you don't have much say on your career path - meetings about having future meeting seems like a waste of time - meetings that are booked on your days off and then your team lead wonders why you weren't there - requests for certain shifts are considered and then given to other employees - seeing the middle management guys have fun and goof off while you are working hard at getting things done is a morale drop

Advice to Management

Need to be honest to employees on changes that effect their lives, as well as advise them on requests that can't be done instead of being lead on

Long View Systems2015-07-17

"Lost in the wilderness"

Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some middle management actually try to uphold the one core pillar that should matter the most, "Integrity". That is the "Pro" folks.

Cons

C-levels and Directors do not know the meaning of the word Honesty. Everyone makes false promises and there seems to be a race to see who breaks theirs first. Salary "negotiations" are a farce, job progression is none existent unless you bend a knee. Did I mention broken promises.. and flat-out lies from upper management. Wage theft, excessively long hours required (depending on department), the list goes on.

Advice to Management

Clean house from the top down. Eliminate the known players (liars) that are the main reason for the exodus of the best talent every few months. Reduce the salary of none-production overhead staff (management) and pay Technical Staff a competitive wage.

Long View Systems2015-06-18

"consulting company best used for contract work, Look elsewhere for long term employment"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I liked to refer to LVS as a contract/staff-aug company that provides the benefit of a "aflac insurance" policy. What I mean by this is some times when your contract ends at a client site LVS will place you at another client. You keep billing and you get a pay check.

Cons

Extra work performed over your 40 isn't really paid out at a rate that encourages extra work to be performed. Typical PBR for employees is around 15% of your profit to the company. Lets say you bill out at $75.00 per hour, you might get as much as $11.25 per hour, deduct 40% of that for tax's since its a bonus and you get $6.75. With that said no one knows the actual math that goes into the black box they use to calculate your monthly bonus.

Advice to Management

Show your people the math behind PBR bonuses and speak to it. Leadership in Denver is lacking. They give the impression that they only care about revenue and don't care about the needs of the individual contributors. I've heard working in Canada is much better then the US when working for LVS.

Long View Systems2014-10-14