Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Software Interview Questions

1,775

software interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

you have array with n elements. How would you do circular shift of k positions? Time and space complexity?

6 Answers

Make a circular linklist, and move headpointer K position to do K shifts. It's O(n) time complexity. Space is contant. (circular link list).

Well, space isn't constant because you took an array and then copied it somehow to a linked list. Remember, you were given an array? If I understand the question correctly, they're asking to do a circular shift of some range of values, like the first k values in an array of length n? So if you wanted to shift right, temp = array[k] from index=k to 1 array[index] = array[index-1] array[0] = temp this would be O(k)? I mean, it would take k steps, but maybe it's somehow still O(n)

oh, sorry, I misunderstood. Not k values, move everything k positions. Praveen Chettypally's answer works but the space complexity would be O(n) since there is a fully copy of the list? The simplest would probably be to make another array and copy in, starting at the (n-k)th element, going to the end, then starting at the beginning. A second array would probably be a better option than a completely different data structure. What if it has to be done in place? is there an O(n) solution?

I show them my IOT project which works with the MQTT protocol. They ask what other protocols are available for IOT.

4 Answers

difference between "hashing a string" and "encrypting a string". Then: is it possible to find two elements for which the hash is the same?

3 Answers

Give a range of numbers, return 6 different numbers randomly. In O(n).

3 Answers

Enumerate the following from 1 to 4, being 1 the fastest to execute and 4 the slowest: - read cpu register - disk seek - context switch - read from main memory

3 Answers

find a number in a sorted array and then find the number in an unsorted array ?They will unsort the array on their own .

4 Answers

Given an array of integers [1,2,3,4]. and target t = 5. Come up with a solution that will print out all the unique pairs in the array that are equal t.

3 Answers

Find exist in maze or prove its non existence.

3 Answers

Program to check if a "ransom note", has been taken from a particular news paper article. Which meant you were given two arrays of strings, and you had to check if the first array, could have been constructed from the second set

2 Answers

Nothing special ...basic questions about my CV. They asked about why you would use SQL stored procedure instead of SQL script in the web application

2 Answers