Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

5,597 Interview Reviews

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

1.5 hour long interview, 3 different interviews 30 minutes each with 3 different individuals. This was a superday which meant they flew me into the office I would potentially get hired at.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly them getting to know me by asking about my resume.
      How well do you work in a diverse team, why Goldman Sachs, why this position, how do you deal with difficult situations   2 Answers

IBD Analyst Interview

Interview

It was cool and I really enjoyed meeting the people who work there and learn about the business and what people do on a day to say basis. The technicals were difficulty challenging and I didn’t like that

Interview Questions

• How an asset purchase flows through financial statements   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

My first interview was at the Society of women engineer career fair . I talked to one of the recruiters and they scheduled an interview with me the same day. For the last ones, I went to Salt Lake City for the last round of Interviews ( super day)

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions.
      Situational questions
      How do you organize yourself   Answer Question

IBD Analyst Interview

Interview

the questions were mainly behavioral, and they asked a couple of ethical questions. There was time to prepare for the next question in between the video interview. For each question, there is 45 seconds to prepare and 2 minutes to answer.

Interview Questions

• what are some important characteristics for an investment banker   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Received Hirevue links after 1 month and was invited to the first telephone interview. 5 of the 6 Hirevue questions are behavioral, 1 of the 6 is position-specific. Currently waiting to do the telephone interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

They sent an invitation for a Hirevue first, then Superdry that had 4 rounds, 2 interviewers per round. Consisted of both technical industry questions as well as common behavioral questions about teamwork and situations.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I got in the first round, which is an online assessment. It is a 120min coding test, and you can code in many languages, including C++, Java, Python, etc. There are two coding questions in total. The platform for this coding test is hackerrank.

Analyst Interview

Interview

While you should prepare for the sorts of questions below, the key thing to know before you interview at Goldman (and this applies to Hirevue interviews too) is that you need to be 100% familiar with everything in your resume. The firm itself says this is the case, and most of the candidates who've interviewed there say they were heavily grilled on the minutiae of their CVs. For example, if you've written that you took a Java programming course in 2017, be ready to talk about it - in depth.

Interview Questions

• Your professor accidentally sends you confidential information intended for another student. What do you do?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Really quick resume review, given a timed HackerRank assessment with two questions around an easy and medium in leetcode difficulty, then you take a Hirevue assessment which is based on your quick thinking skills and behavioral aspects.

Interview Questions

• Condensing a linked list, basically a removing same iterations of the same node.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

After the initial application you get a coding interview invitation which you have to finish before 7 days. This was a hacker rank that tested your abilities in Data structures and algorithms

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.