LinkedIn Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 295 of over 2,171.0 interviews

Employee Referral16%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

LinkedIn

Application

I interviewed at LinkedIn

Interview

It is the Phone Screen interview. It starts with some behavior questions, and some position relative questions, then the algorithm problem. Finally you can ask the interviewer some questions. They will be patient to answer

Interview Questions
  • Some normal LeetCode tag questions
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

LinkedIn

Application

I interviewed at LinkedIn

Interview

HR is professional with coordinating the interview process. It starts with HR screen, then phone screen, then onsite. Interviews take longer than other tech companies. In general, the experience is positive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

LinkedIn

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn

Interview

I messed up the first phone call (coding) on my Python libraries and list comprehension. But I got a helpful feedback later. The recruiter emailed me to let me know the result (not moving ahead !) and then asked me if I would like a 15 min review the next day over call.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

LinkedIn

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in Oct 2021

Interview

I had a pleasant interviewer but I'm disappointed with the interview process. My interviewer didn't ask any resume or behavioral questions, instead he just introduced himself and went straight to the coding question (which is fine). The question itself was taken straight from the top tagged LC questions for LinkedIn, so I had seen it before and already practiced solving it. I wrote out my solution in Python, explaining it as I went, and was satisfied that it work (again, because I had already done this question correctly on LC). My interviewer used Java so he had trouble understanding a technique I used on arrays that's only found in Python. I tried to explain what it would do, but he didn't believe that it would work correctly. I wasn't going to sit there and argue with him, so he asked me to take a different approach to the question. This is fine I suppose, but I was already put off by the fact that he wouldn't listen to me explaining how this would work in Python. I gave another solution to the problem using recursion, which he was satisfied with, and then I was rejected the next week. I saw the rejection coming, as I figured he wouldn't be impressed with my technical skills since he didn't believe my solution would work. If an interview is language agnostic, then to avoid situations like this they should at least let candidates use the compiler in CoderPad so this doesn't happen. This could have been easily avoidable if the compiler was enabled and I could've run my script to show that it did indeed work. Instead, because my interviewer didn't know Python, I wasn't moved forward.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

LinkedIn

Application

I interviewed at LinkedIn

Interview

It was a long interview process including technical and behavioral questions. A project to complete at home, then explaining it during the interview. Other questions about background experience and interests.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

LinkedIn

Application

I interviewed at LinkedIn

Interview

They asked good interview questions seemed like a good balance between DS, ALG and Applied problems. Interviewers are all fairly friendly and open to answer questions about LinkedIn as well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

LinkedIn

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LinkedIn in Sep 2021

Interview

The process is standard. But the recruiter is terrible, Zero help during the prep time, sent an empty email to me saying attached prep docs. I asked and send me the prep the day before interview. Always messed up with time. Interview itself is painless. But decide not to move forward since the tech stack doesn’t match.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

Virtual onsite (5hrs): - hiring manager round (some bq and discussed projects on the resume) - coding round * 2 (leetcode medium-hard) - system design round - technical communication round (present a project of your choice)

Interview Questions
  • I can't describe any question in detail but please make sure you are familiar with all the leetcode questions with the company tag.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Los Angeles, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, passed that and then was scheduled for a 45 minutes technical interview, with a senior software engineer. Was not bad overall enjoyed speaking with the senior engineer, got feedback within 3 weeks

Interview Questions
  • Data structures and algorithms. Shortest distance btw words in an array

LinkedIn

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at LinkedIn

Interview

The interview process was very organised. Material was given to prepare before each interview so that reduced associated interview anxiety. The interviewers were nice and accommodating . Thank you very much.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 295 Interviews