LinkedIn Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

LinkedIn Interview Questions

Interviews at LinkedIn

1,946 Interview Reviews

Data Science Interview

Interview

The recruiter contacted me himself via linkedin and showed interest. Then we had a call and he asked in which of their teams I am interested and when I selected the team, he aid we don't have hiring for this team right now and I'll update you soon when they have hiring. I contacted him several times after that and he never responded to my emails.

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

First steps were standard - had a call with recruiter, and then with hiring manager.

The final round - I had to create a deck to pitch to my manager, another deck to pitch to internal leadership, and then another deck to pitch to a fake client. I don't mind doing fake presentations but 3 decks back to back is a bit excessive and didn't accomplish much since we obviously ran out of time.

Then it took 2 weeks for a decision, which is not super shocking for a big company but you always hope for better.

Interview Questions

• Present your account plan to your manager in a mock 1 on 1.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

It took a while for a recruiter to reach out to set up a call. We had a quick intro call - my background, interest in the role, interest in LinkedIn, and received general info on the position. Set up a follow up call with the manager I'd be working with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were able to get buy-in from others who didn't directly report to you.   Answer Question

Staff Data Scientist Interview

Interview

My interview process was long and drawn out. I interviewed in November and in January the recruiter verbally promised me that I would be getting an offer, same with the hiring manager. After 2.5 weeks later, the recruiter's manager called me and told me that the business was shifting directions and they would be taking back their offer. Overall, I feel that LinkedIn really wasted my time and after having worked at several companies in Silicon Valley, I found LinkedIn's interview process to be lacking in professionalism and honesty.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how to run parallel experiments at LinkedIn's scale and we talked about various tools and methods for anomaly detection within the framework of running online experiments.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

It was a pretty typical process like other companies. Was asked about some abstract technical questions and round 2 was some leetcode style question.

Be prepared to answer heavy javascript in-depth questions if you're applying for front end

Interview Questions

• Object and array - answer is to use hashmap. Similar to two sum   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Only one of the two interviewers scheduled for the first round of technical interview showed up. Didn't turn on their video. The interview went okay, but it took ~3 months to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

Interview

There was one behavioral interview with the recruiter at first. Afterwards there were two interviews. The asked a combination of probability, optimization, and programming questions. It took a few weeks overall.

Interview Questions

• Formulate L1-norm minimization of a linear system residual as a linear program.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

It was cool. Requires sound concepts in programming and analysis and stats. Challenges your thinking on the spot.
    Highly recommend to brush your concepts before going to interview. Practice data science related questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me Why you are applying for this role?   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2021.

Interview

The process was fairly nuanced with a recruiter interview, hiring manager interview, case study that centered around analytics and exploration of how you’d handle working within the team for a specific project. Case study presentation with the person in the role, hiring manager and senior manager, senior manager 1:1 and a final call with Senior Director.

Entire process took about a month and a half and was fairly difficult. Prepare to be strategic and talk a lot about what your skills will bring to the organization. Also, try to understand where you are being plugged in throughout so you can focus your explanations of experience around how you plug those missing pieces.

Don’t be afraid to ask questions and be honest about your excitement it truly helps with the process and I think they appreciate the honesty and passion. Also, ensure that you are able to think about a lot of situations in which you resolved conflict, we’re successful in delivery or worked effectively with a team. Ensure to also be very explanatory and almost technical in your discussion as they wanted a lot of details.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure over your career?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a conflict with a coworker? What was it? How was it resolved and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • What’s your biggest success within your career?   Answer Question
    • What would your current manager say is one of your greatest strengths? Weakness?   Answer Question
    • How have you been collaborative across your team in your current role? How do you get people excited about top priorities?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

The process takes about 8-10 weeks.

There was one phone interview with the recruiter, where we briefly discussed the interview process and 1 onsite interview (1hr of coding and 45 mins BQ)

Interviewers were extremely helpful and respectful.

Coding round involves 2 medium questions + 2 follow ups to hard?? I didn't get to the 2nd question's follow up but still got the offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.