LinkedIn Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

LinkedIn Interview Questions

Interviews at LinkedIn

1,879 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

45 min behavioral question and 1 hr tech interview, including 2 questions. Questions are fairly simple but it seems the interviewer does not clearly understand the question. In the BQ round, manger have a clear view of the whole company.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Interview

A recruiter invited me (via InMail) to apply for a free ticket to a conference LinkedIn sponsored, as well as one of their open SRE positions mid October.

The first step in the pipeline was a phone screen with the recruiter; we discussed my background, my plans, and my availability for going through the remainder of the process. A day or so later, a second phone interview was scheduled by the first recruiter and one of their recruiting partners.

The second phone interview was more technical. During this call, I did a couple simple coding exercises over Coderpad (FizzBuzz and processing API response) and then a discussion regarding some low-level technical details (sockets, DNS, routing, OS-level abstractions). After typing out either solution for the coding exercise, I was prompted for design choices made. I don't remember how exactly the technical discussion went, but I'd basically answer a question and the interviewer would probe to see my depth of knowledge on the topic at-hand. I believe I did fairly well here, considering the recruiter mentioned the interview passed me with a "glowing review" and recommended I move onto the (virtual) on-site interview.

Two weeks passed. One was spent arranging dates for the on-site and the next they opted to let me attend the conference rather than scheduling interviews between sessions, which I appreciated.

For the on-site, there were several rounds:
    - code review
    - live troubleshooting
    - discussion with host manager
    - system design/diagramming

The code review consisted of several Python scripts with logic errors strewn about. I felt I did "ok" here, but likely missed some opportunities for improving the invalid logic.

The live troubleshooting module is similar to what others described. There are four challenges and each is basically getting to the root cause of errors or issues with the Apache webserver on a host. I spent about 5 minutes for each of the first three challenges but ran out of time for the final one; it seemed to require doing some debugging with the webserver's worker threads. Afterward, the interviewer for this step was open to questions for the last 5 minutes, before leaving me to meet with the next and final interview.

The last two modules, discussion with the host manager and system design questions, were done by the same interviewer. We had a pleasant introduction and then went on to talk about my experience, my goals, and how I'd react to certain scenarios. This is essentially a behavioral interview--no technical questions whatsoever. Finally, there was the system design module.
    I stumbled a bit here, having not done any diagramming in a while and not much time designing _actual_ production systems myself in past roles; I could only rely on my base understanding of systems and a week of studying system design. The system design was definitely the most difficult module, considering that it's up to the applicant to lead the discussion--no hints or pushes in the right direction.

By the end of it, I'd say I fared well on at least 2 out of the 4 modules--live troubleshooting and the behavioral module. One of the recruiters and an interviewer mentioned that even (hypothetically) failing one round doesn't mean the end, nor does passing all rounds result in an offer. That gives me *some* hope, lol.

I haven't received feedback or a decision (yet) but I will update this post with my thoughts--and whether I have received an offer--once the process is complete. Even if I do not receive an offer, I had a pretty good experience overall. Maybe I'll try again later!

Interview Questions

• Do you have a five-year plan? If so, what is it?   1 Answer

SWE Intern Interview

Interview

At first a hackerrank coding challenge, then got an HR call; then back to back, one round none coding interview with the manager, the other is a round tech interview.

Interview Questions

• Hackerrank is ok.
      The coding interview is like Leetcode hard.   1 Answer

Interview

The interview is 3 or 4 rounds with a recruiter, hiring manager, and then members of the team. Most of the recruiter and team member questions are behavioral and lean towards how you will fit into the company culture and team chemistry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role?
      Why this company and why this business line?
      Tell me about a project you worked on with multiple departments?   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone interviews for code and systems, onsite panels covering architecture, code review, incident response and interpersonal relationships.

Lunch was included at their cafeteria, which was nice. It's a long day but the questions are for the most part practical. There was no whiteboard coding, but a bit of diagramming is required.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time you disagreed strongly with a proposal, and how did you attempt to work it out?   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

I have interviewed twice for the same position. My recommendation is to not bother based on my experience. LinkedIn - the supposed poster child of modern day hiring and sales tech, has a terrible candidate experience. It will make me smile as I read your articles flowing to my newsfeed about hiring best practices, when you don't practice what you preach.

First time -> The positives: very excited, high touch, high professionalism Talent recruiter. I progressed to the final stage, presenting onsite in San Francisco to the decision maker. Approx 4 interview steps.

The negatives : I had to follow up with the recruiter to learn that the team lead was not progressing with me, after giving ample time past the expected follow up date. No information was shared other than generic responses. This was really disappointing, considering the level of effort exerted. However, the recruiter offered to be an open door for the future.

Second Time : approx 1 year later, I reapplied for the same position (posted as being in Sunnyvale). I contacted the recruiter from the first time and she said she would advise the recruiter of the posting. The "new" recruiter did contact me and we had a great discussion and she was putting me forward for the next stage.

The positives : friendly initial screening call.
    The negatives : two separate follow ups, after ample time for delay to the originally expected response date (+2 weeks, +1 week) to finally get a practically canned response.

I can only imagine the culture - despite their key tenets of which they say they are driven by, are unfortunately just marketing.

Interview Questions

• There is essentially a screening, followed by a fit screening and use case presentation to be built, you then meet a couple of (in my experience helpful) colleagues who coach you, and then you present.   1 Answer

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

Interview

got my butt kicked a big time in the first round. i can only blame myself. my brain is all stuck, and didn't pay attention to the easy questions in Leetcode. I am just too stupid.... No need to wait for recruiter's call... it as a total failure

Taxonomy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

First-round, phone screen with the hiring manager. Then she sent me the assignment. I finished the assignment on time. Then she sent me an email for a one-hour interview. I sent back my availability. But she never responded to me. I sent her a follow-up email three days later. She said the opening is closed. PLEASE RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S TIME!!! I HOPE YOU WILL NEVER MEET SUCH A HIRING MANAGER LIKE YOU IN THE FUTURE!!!

Design Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was several stages, with group and one on one interviews. I had to send follow up emails to ensure the interviews were scheduled which was odd. Everything was done online so it wasn't a problem that I wasn't in town at the time.

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Columbus, OH (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Very comfortable, friendly interviewers. 3 rounds with behavioral questions for the first 2, and the same thing with a short sales activity for the last. “Tell me about a time where you wish you knew more before you made a decision” example question.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.