LinkedIn Senior Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 2,135.0 interviews

Employee Referral17%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Dublin, Dublin) in Jul 2019

Interview

I have never experienced such a confrontational, hostile and unfriendly screening ever... I advise to avoid such an encounter! I applied through the careers site using my CV and quite quickly organised a phone screening. Upon answering the phone and before he even introduced hisself or the call purpose/ structure (the basics) the hostility started immediately with an attack on my LinkedIn profile... apparently he was very frustrated that my profile and CV has inconsistencies which was not good enough. He continued his confrontational approach (at one point I thought this was an act to test my ability to react with hostile situations and negotiate... I doubt this was the case, but if it was - can someone give this man an Oscar - perhaps the next James Bond villain?) and actually in two occasions attempted to twist my words and completely change the context of my responses - very frustrating. When attempting to answer his question 'What do you know about LinkedIn?', he (very rudely and abruptly) interrupted me mid sentence with the phrase 'you should at least know the job before you start interviewing'. Across the screening call I did not feel that I was provided with the opportunity to fully display my experience or personality - this was the most hostile and negative interview experience I has encountered. Happy to follow this up with anyone in the company or recruitment team if feedback would be helpful - although I did not receive any automated feedback request (usual for such a company) so perhaps the quality of screenings is not a priority at this stage.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about LinkedIn? What do you know about the role you have applied for?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Melbourne) in Apr 2018

Interview

Three rounds - initial interview with recruiter, second with two managers and third is a sales role r performing well in all three rounds I was informed that I would to be progressed due to not applying the Sandler methodology (which was not mentioned until after the completion of the process)

Interview Questions
  • What exposure have you had to sales methodologies in the past?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Dublin, Dublin) in Mar 2017

Interview

LinkedIn approached me through their network and invited me to apply for the Account Executive position with their emerging market team in Dublin. The process was supposed to be composed of a phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a call with the hiring manager and another step, possibly 1:1 or a panel presentation. However, the discussion never progressed past the initial conversation. The recruiter promised a follow up and to answer some of my questions she couldn't answer while we spoke on the phone. This never happened; I wasn't turned down but neither invited for another round. The recruiter failed to respond to my subsequent email and phone enquiries. Additionally, LinkedIn uses Bluejeans conferencing facility to run the phone interviews. This proved to be highly problematic as the voice transmission through the data channel was patchy. LinkedIn made a very unprofessional impression on me. Not following up on the interview is a big no-no from my point of view, particularly since they earmarked me for the role themselves.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2015

Interview

very long with several stages, which is positive as they want to hire the best people on the market! you start from the recruiter and the last one might be with a Hiring Manager/Department Director.

Interview Questions
  • basic questions. they really want to check very well if you are a fit and that you are motivated. The cultural screening is very important!

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Dublin, Dublin) in Jul 2013

Interview

first had a call with an HR lady (very professional - not all LNK recuiters are), next a chat with the hiring manager, a conference call with 3 sales directors (one was a professional, the other not really and finally an on-site meeting with my direct manager. pretty easy all in all.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA) in Jun 2012

Interview

Phone Screen #1, Phone Interview #1, Corp Preso via WebEx, In-person interview #1, In-person Interview #2, Offer

Interview Questions
  • Corp Preso -- take time to review the preso to look for inaccuracies
2 people found this interview helpful