Uber Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi
Dara Khosrowshahi
1,177 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes the app doesn't take me to the right location to pick up the riders(in 353 reviews)

• "Wear and tear on POV gets expensive(in 305 reviews)

1. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent working culture, fair salary, great management team, many perks.

Cons

Work life balance can be difficult with a 10 hour shifts

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Uber2019-09-10
  2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

- Benefits - Salary - Atmosphere - Opportunity to be involved in new projects

Cons

- Workload - Lots of change

Uber2019-09-04
  3. "Great to work for"

I worked at Uber full-time

Pros

Great work environment and team

Cons

Long working hours and shift work

Uber2019-08-26
  4. "Team Leader"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

Fast paced, great people and supportive

Cons

The hours can be long.

Advice to Management

More of the same please

Uber2019-08-20
  5. "Great Company for young professionals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive Salary and Benefits, clearly defined career progression paths with easy mobility to other departments within your branch and opportunities to transfer abroad. Collaborative environment filled with interesting hand picked colleagues, health insurance there is lots more off course, but pretty good place to work.

Cons

Uber is relatively young, fast moving and now publicly traded company, so change is something you have to be prepared for. Hours of work and shift patterns can be challenging for some too.

Uber2019-08-20
  6. "BDR"

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

Health care, Gym, free food, vouchers

Cons

No cons so far ..

Advice to Management

Good Job :)

Uber2019-07-19
  7. "Good stepping stone: Decent entry-level money, little progression long-term"

Current Employee - COE Specialist in Limerick, Limerick
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

Starting salary is quite good. Good benefits - health insurance, wellness benefits such as gym membership.

Cons

Little progression available tends to be based on length of service rather then work ethic. Poor Management very little feedback or direction given to employees. Work can become monotonous and repetitive.

Advice to Management

Provide more direction to employees. Give employees opportunity to progress and challenge themselves.

Uber2019-07-14

"Great on Paper, Not in real life - Limerick COE, Ireland"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Limerick, Limerick

I worked at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the benefits - ie. healthcare, free lunches, summer parties, etc.

Cons

I’ve never been so let down by a company in my life. I was there years, and was repeatedly stabbed in the back, and refused promotions - for no reason. I literally had one hiring manager email me to say that the reason I wasn’t going forward for a promotion, is because she didn’t like the colour of the font I used in my application. (And yes, I have that in writing). I was lied to repeatedly about promotions -... they only care about the handful of people who are besties with team leads and managers. To the point where they’ll cover up felony convictions and give people promotions as a bribe to keep them quiet. They use the tenured agents as pack mules and then reward them with nothing - no bonuses or salary increases for your length of time there, your just paid the same as someone walking in the door. They’re now restructuring the entire building and despite promises of no one being let go - they’re downsizing every team. Tenured agents are being pushed to lower level teams without reason - just because management don’t like them for whatever reason. I had one team lead confirm to me that one reason I was never considered for promotion was because the team manager had a personal vendetta against me, and had just decided she didn’t like me. To the point where she let a false allegation be lodged against me and I was taken for disciplinary - even though I had proof from other supervisors and management that it didn’t happen. But said manager flat out said she didn’t care, and listened to the false allegation anyway. Some of the teams deal with incredibly difficult and sensitive cases, and hardly any support is given to CSRs, let alone the sufficient training. And if there is a tenured CSR trained, they’ll force the case to someone else with a better job title and give the other person all the credit. I left on horrible terms - promised a promotion in the interview, only to be told I never stood a chance afterwards. Left crying in the meeting, and the manager didn’t care - just harped on about how brilliant the other candidates were. They don’t care about you. The building has gone from <100 to 500+ in less than 3 years - to them you’re just a number. It all seems great on paper until you walk in the door and realise the reality of what’s going on. It’s absolutely appalling.

Advice to Management

Actually consider the tenure of your staff, and what they bring to the business. And quit with the favouritism. Also, really need to address work life balance, hours and the entire building structure. Fake promises and leaked secrets to the “in crowd” makes for a horrible working environment. Also, if someone reports bullying or harassment - take notice, don’t strike it off because they’re not your favourite. And... if you promise a promotion - see through. Don’t leave a person’s life in tatters and force them out the door.

Uber2019-07-30
  9. "Amazing amazing amazing"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked here for over a year and I adored it! The people are your family here and the company culture is brilliant. The benefits are also excellent!

Cons

The one and only con is work life balance due to shift work!

Uber2019-06-04
  10. "Great work Environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Management do their best to make sure you are trained properly and offer alot of support -Good salary -Uber has a positive work environment -Uber offer health insurance for employees

Cons

I can't think of any downsides

Uber2019-04-29