Uber Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

4.1
Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi
Dara Khosrowshahi
1,397 Ratings
Pros
  • "Everything from the perks to the work environment is the best yet(in 263 reviews)

• "Flexible hours letting me spend time with my family in the afternoon(in 257 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes the app doesn't take me to the right location to pick up the riders(in 384 reviews)

• "Wear and tear on POV gets expensive(in 336 reviews)

1. "Uber"

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

Lovely co-workers, lots of benefits, friendly environment

Cons

A lot of workload for different / certain roles

Uber2020-01-07
  2. "Great perks, limited progression"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, great perks and salary

Cons

green management org, poorly structured, poor communication

Uber2020-01-14
  3. "Uber COE"

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

Great benefits, free food and health insurance

Cons

There isn't really any to be honest

Uber2019-12-22
  4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Team Lead

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great perks, managers are friendly and approachable

Cons

None - great place to work

Uber2019-12-18
  5. "community support representative"

Former Employee - Community Support Representative in Limerick, Limerick

I worked at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch everyday and snacks. Easy job email phone and filling form.

Cons

poor management, lot of managers get promoted because they were here at the good time.

Uber2019-12-31
  6. "Super place to work"

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many a pros on the inside

Cons

No cons on the inside

Uber2019-12-01
  7. "Excellent perks, opportunities for progression, great coworkers"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Limerick, Limerick

I worked at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent perks (UberEats credit, meals at the office, wellness days, local discounts, wellness benefit) , opportunities for progression, great coworkers, "culture of questions", great leadership on the floor

Cons

Long hours (it is shift work)

Uber2019-10-23
  8. "Fast paced, plentiful learnings & great colleagues"

Current Employee - Community Operations in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Workforce, opportunities (if you work for them), benefits (you are looked after), travel opportunities

Cons

Politics, like anywhere. Reluctant to pay for promotion

Uber2019-11-06

"Community Support Representative"

Former Employee - Community Support Representative in Limerick, Limerick

I worked at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will meet great teammates here, good location , free food and healthcare, and the wages are okay for starting out and the company itself is not too bad.

Cons

No progression, no sick pay, no opportunities to further yourself, extremely bad work/life balance and extremely biased. The management are terrible, I can't even fathom as to why they had been promoted as they are completely computer illiterate, one member of management actually asked agents how to copy and paste for a technology company this is preposterous. The reason for management being so incompetent is that the hiring panel for promotions is held by their close friends who they had started out with. They overlook anyone with skills if they are not in their own circle and if one member of management seems to dislike you they then all dislike you. I have never come across anything like the management I have seen in Uber. Agents on the floor are expected to work two weekends in a row with one weekend off. Over two months this comes to 3/8 weekends off for agents, working 11-hour shifts a day for 4 days max and working until 12am with bright fluorescent lights causing many agents to have migraines. They provide no counselling for agents on a certain floor that have to deal with unthinkable calls regarding violence of all kinds and are made to delve deeper into issues reported to Uber, I would not be surprised if someone developed PTSD from what they deal with. The stress levels have caused many agents to call in sick every week so that they can take a mental break from what they are made to deal with which of course no sick pay is provided. The management has driven the place into the ground and has gotten away with bullying, theft and sexual harassment that has been reported to the overseas HR many times but of course kept hidden due to higher management not looking to rock the boat especially regarding the sexual harassment from on member of management who has been reported a number of times for being completely inappropriate with female agents on the floor and outside of the building. The management seems to have their own rules completely away from the company rules itself. What I had noticed while working at Uber was the lack of diversity at the building it, it came across as discriminatory in every way towards POC, disabled people and LGBTQ. The CEO needs to take a deeper look into the way this company is being run in Limerick city, and fix it before anything worse occurs that can affect the stock market and its PR especially for a company that carries such values and says it does the right thing I can say the right thing is never done in Limerick city Centre of Excellence.

Uber2019-11-19

"The Pits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Limerick, Limerick
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

None - was excited when I started with the company but you won’t stay longer than a year or two here

Cons

No work life balance, shifts are extremely long (11 hours), working either 8 to 7, 9 to 8 or 1 to 12 midnight. Basic salary - 27k - No annual pay review or increases in salary over a two year period Basic benefits - no pension - no sick pay - no educational assistance - no equity/shares - basic health coverage, need to pay for dependents yourself - Life assurance x 2 times salary Management are the lowest form of life. The company is growing very fast meaning 2nd rate people are being promoted/hired to managerial positions with very little experience and no skill set to apply to the role. Heavily micromanaged with very little autonomy given to staff to show initiative or create ideas. No HR on site, meaning issues often get swept under the rug. Roles suitable for graduates maybe that are seeking some experience. You won’t stay longer than two years in this company. Very little rewards or opportunity for progression. Has become a call centre overnight, used to have a sales team, business accounts rep etc, but all roles moved out of the country. Free food and snacks, however, the food budget was halved a year ago due to cuts, meaning what’s on offer is very limited.

Uber2019-11-18