First Derivatives Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 392 of over 392 interviews

Employee Referral4%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

First Derivatives

Application

I interviewed at First Derivatives

Interview

Quick and informal interview. The interview was one on one and lasted 30 minutes. Asked about yourself and a lot regarding the company itself, including what they are involved in any any clients you are aware of.

Interview Questions
  • Can you sell me this pen?
    Answer Question

First Derivatives

Application

I interviewed at First Derivatives

Interview

It started with a quick 10 minute call to go through my skills and some very simple questions. Then a 30 minute interview where I had to answer some competency based questions and questions about various different products used

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you were under pressure and how you coped

First Derivatives

Application

I interviewed at First Derivatives

Interview

The people I spoke to were friendly and engaging. Overall, the interview process was very slow and drawn out. It would have been a better experience if there was better communication and it was more organized

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

First Derivatives

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Derivatives

Interview

First they ask your GPA and what passport you hold. Then questions about your background and questions about the company itself. You need to know very well what they do as a company and what projects they work on.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly about your work experience and the company itself, what they do, and who they work for/with.

First Derivatives

Application

I interviewed at First Derivatives

Interview

It is relatively easy but takes few rounds. It will be a mix of the technical and industry reach plus your experience in the relevant domains. If you were in that areas, it is easy to pass without any issues

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

First Derivatives

Application

I interviewed at First Derivatives

Interview

First was an audio interview - relatively straightforward and spoke most about my CV which it made very comfortable for me to talk about. It seemed they exoected a lot to be learnt from the email but for this interviewit wasn'tthe case at all.

Interview Questions
  • How would the skills at previous jobs help you at First Derivatives?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives (London, England, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview was swift and as expected a lot of competency questions. Make sure you understand the systems they use and the type of clients they work with. Take notes and have them with you for the interview. Prepare a few questions to ask too.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the systems used by FD?

First Derivatives

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Derivatives

Interview

The first interview after being selected was held over Zoom and was audio only. The availability was prearranged and a time was provided on the morning of the interview. The interview itself was assessing knowledge of the company and relevant skills. Role specific questions were also asked.

Interview Questions
  • What skills does it take, in your opinion, to be a financial consultant?

First Derivatives

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives

Interview

Two One to One Interviews with two different people then a group assessment. This was for a placement so there was around 12 people with you doing the group assessment. I didn't talk to the other people in the room so I assume one of them was a plant to see how people worked. I got the offer

Interview Questions
  • General About the company questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newry, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives (Newry, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland) in Jul 2021

Interview

There was three stages to my interview process. Stage 1: Casual telephone interview to get to learn more about me. Stage 2: Video Interview to learn more about me & included competency based questions. Stage 3: Video Interview to learn more about FD. I rejected the offer I received. Since the wage is below the market rate, I wouldn’t be given a company laptop & I would’ve been tied into a 2 year contract. So if I wanted to learn, I may have had to pay up to £5k. I also got some answers to questions that I had concerns about. From reading previous glassdoor reviews. If I wanted to leave the graduate scheme early, is it true I’d have to pay £5k to leave? “There is a clause on all graduate employment contracts stating that training costs may be recovered in the event of early termination of contract. Please be assured that the purpose of this clause is to reiterate the importance of the 2 year commitment to candidates upon accepting the position, but is handled on a case by case basis.” Is it true that travelling out to work with clients is rare and most of the time you’re ‘benched’ in Newry? “You can expect to complete 2-3 client projects within first 2 years. We aim to limit bench time and you will use this time to do additional training including a sponsored accreditation. ‘Bench time’ is costly to our business, so it is our priority to ensure our consultants are working on projects asap.” Is it true that you’re expected to work weekends without being paid? “If for any reason your client requests you to do ‘shift work’ this will be discussed in advance of the project, and you will be paid accordingly. However, it is very rare that this is a requirement unless hired specifically for this type of role.” Would I be provided with a company laptop? I know that EY offer this, as an example. “New hires are asked to use their own laptops where possible for the initial first month of training. Laptops meeting individual client requirements are then assigned to employees post month-1. Should you not have access to suitable equipment for month 1, a laptop can be issued to you at your request.” If you are lucky enough to have other options, don’t work for this company. There’s better graduate schemes out there!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 392 Interviews