First Derivatives Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 393 of over 393 interviews

Employee Referral4%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

First Derivatives

Application

I interviewed at First Derivatives

Interview

I received a phone call from my recruiter. The interview wasn't too big, it was about the company, and also a bit about my experience. I was also asked about kdb.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about First Derivatives?
    Answer Question

First Derivatives

Application

I interviewed at First Derivatives

Interview

Well organised.Quick response. Interviewer seemed approachable. They seemed to place a lot of emphasis on how much you know about the company rather than your technical skills. I feel some of the job titles can be quite misleading.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

First Derivatives

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Derivatives in Mar 2022

Interview

Terrible experience. I applied back in Dec 2021 and was asked to interview within days, I replied immediately with my availability only to not hear back from them for weeks. Then I received a reminder about my application to which I replied to and again, did not get a response. I eventually got a reply and we arranged a time for interview. An hour before the interview I still had no received a link to the online meeting so I emailed the HR member I was corresponding with. She had put the wrong date in her diary for interview (which did not suit me) so we rearranged for the following week. Same thing happened again and she did not send me a link so I emailed again for a link to which she responded that she did not see my email the week prior (even though she replied). An absolute waste of time was more disappointed in wasting my time than not getting the job.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

First Derivatives

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at First Derivatives in Mar 2022

Interview

Phone Interview, followed by an in-person interview in the Dublin corporate office. The phone interview was generic questions about your CV, plus some questions to see you had done basic research about the company. In-person session consisted of 2 more in depth personal interviews each only a couple of minutes. These focused on my personality, past experience, and my ideas about the job. This was followed by a numerical competency test, then a teamwork exercise where all the candidates had to improvise a presentation about the company to the interviewers. I advise practicing numerical reasoning test beforehand if you are rusty or unconfident in your maths, as everyone will do one regardless of the type of position you interview for. You will be observed during the 5 mins you have to plan your presentation, so ensure you're a team player and try not act to domineering to the other candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

First Derivatives

Application

I interviewed at First Derivatives

Interview

Typical interview style, no surprises or tough questions. If you are prepared for the standard interview questions you should do fine. Overall, the interviewer seemed interested and respectful of my time and answers.

First Derivatives

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives in Feb 2022

Interview

The first interview was a Zoom call and asked "Tell me about yourself" and a couple of competency questions "Describe a time where..." The thing you really need to focus on for this interview is knowing what the company does and what their software does. Research both of those via news articles and everything you can get your hands on. I tripped over those questions, then told the interviewer that I didn't think I didn't very well on them. They said there would be another chance to answer them in the next interview. I didn't move forward because it just didn't seem like the right vibe for me, workplace wise. Kind of stiff. They did mention they look for programming experience with data graduates.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2022

Interview

The first was an audio interview. Done by one HR recruiter. I found this standard. Thought of it as an opening stage. The next interview was a video one. This one again, was done by only one HR recruiter which I found odd. There was NO technical staff present to ask any challenging questions. It was all about the company and how much you knew about it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Limerick, Limerick

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Derivatives (Limerick, Limerick) in Feb 2022

Interview

Asked questions about my resume and other basic interview things but it felt more like a conversation than an interview! The interviewer was very kind and open to questions or concerns during the interview or via email.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about customer experience and financial experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Derivatives (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2022

Interview

I applied online though their website, then I got email to send an email that I'm interested for the position! then there was a 20-30 minutes HR call when they said they will reply within one week but after 3 weeks still no response

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Derivatives (Mississauga, ON)

Interview

Firstly a basic Phone Interview. Then an In-Person Interview with two people. The HR was very friendly made you feel comfortable and to finish a small teamwork task and a skills test

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 393 Interviews

First Derivatives Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at First Derivatives as 60.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.57 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Financial Engineer and Data Scientist rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Graduate Software Engineer and Graduate Program roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at First Derivatives takes an average of 19 days when considering 85 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Data Scientist had the quickest hiring process (on average 9 days), whereas Graduate Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 29 days).

Common stages of the interview process at First Derivatives according to 85 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 30.16%