HubSpot Reviews

4.7
HubSpot CEO & Founder Brian Halligan
Brian Halligan
Pros
Cons
  • "This isn't to say that the work-life balance is bad (it isn't)(in 57 reviews)

• "Fast growth creates some growing pains -- like needing to develop new managers/leaders(in 44 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to start, grow or continue your career!"

Current Employee - L&D in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great Colleagues -Autonomy -Interesting company and work, feeling challenged on a daily basis is great -Internal mobility is possible (I swapped departments after 2 years) -Nice culture - plenty of opportunities to participate in different groups, activities & initiatives but it doesn't feel forced on you

Cons

-If you don't enjoy fast-paced & challenging work environments this may not be the fit for you -It's easy to slip from work-life balance into "work-life blend" if you're not careful, although this is not expected by leadership, it can happen if you don't set boundaries for yourself, due to the level of autonomy.

HubSpot Response

October 8, 2019Chief People Officer

Thanks for being part of People Ops and L&D in DubSpot, we are so lucky to have such a great team globally, and I can't wait to visit with you all (albeit briefly) next week! Great push on the burden of balancing life work integration falling to individuals to maintain, so thanks for calling that out and for all that you do to help us grow better in Dublin and beyond! -Katie

2. "10/10"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture code is very transparent and open. Team members could not be more helpful

Cons

None that can be seen.

3. COVID-19

"Work hard, management have high expectations but still, the best place I've ever worked."

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been at HubSpot 2 years and this is my first review - I didn't want to write one any sooner than now as I was still in the Honeymoon phase and I really wanted to be transparent about the good, bad & ugly*. *There is no ugly. This is a company that has the highest of high expectations. I have had good & bad days here, but still I love it because everyday I am challenged to think differently and grow as a team member and an individual. They have the usual tech perks, but what stands out is the 'leaving loudly' when it comes to vacation. Unlimited vacation is used and encouraged. The autonomy they speak of is real, and scary at first when you aren't used to it. You are expected to know your job, do it well but know also when to ask for help (and it will be provided). This can take some getting used to. The culture that is amazing and that surprised me so much when I joined. What is making me write a review now is how this company has pivoted to support employees who are surviving remotely during this global pandemic. It is brilliant (especially the classes for kids during the day to help parents get work done!) and inclusive. Now I am watching how they are supporting my black colleagues during this racial pandemic - is even more remarkable. They have even given each employee an allowance of $50 to purchase hard copy books on anti - racism to help educate and encourage conversations. They always talk about DI&B claim they are working on it and that it isn't perfect, I'm grateful they have had that mindset because it has created a safe space for people to speak up on how the company is handling everything, feedback has been both full of praise and also constructive criticism on how to think/act and do better. My role as an IC has been interesting also - I've been able to work on global projects, speak with leaders and learn from them. I have learnt more in this role than any other previous role.

Cons

We are a global company but it can feel at times that if you aren't in the USA you may be passed up for promotions because you aren't visible enough, this can change from team to team but it is a common feeling that we aren't global first all the time.

Continue reading
  4. "Amazing environment that encourages personal growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with great people that really care about the company and the product. Extremely friendly and inclusive environment. Great progression opportunities. Great benefits.

Cons

The amount of work expected from new employees can be stressful at times

5. "100% amazing"

Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great leadership, amazing benefits and opportunities

Cons

Cannot think of anything, really

"Loved HubSpot"

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

your colleagues are incredible, kind, hard-working, helpful, fun, inclusive

Cons

Intense job, a lot is expected of you

7. "NA"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free food, great work environment, colleagues are great, room for learning and growth

Cons

none, really enjoy working here

"Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer II in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

- I have received world class training after joined HubSpot around the tech stack, the company and will soon lear about the product - I have seen a lot of investment in continuous integration, push for continuous delivery and a lot of internal libraries and documentation to help us solve problems in such a large scale. - Interactive new hire training from the Team in Dublin ( who is doing a great job) and making us feel us of something big, making a few days of training seem exciting! Kudos to the new hire team training in Dublin! - Enjoying all the really smart people I am meeting in many occasions and the whole chill attitude. Thanks HubSpot, you have made my initial experience amazing! I am not just saying it because I enjoyed the process but the first weeks in this company were amazing! It made me believe in HubSpot's proposition, how it does things and why!

Cons

Ownership and decision making within teams means a lot of responsibility, but I'm excited and looking at it at the bright side - not really a con!

9. "Best company I've worked for so far"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

Great culture Real engineering happening in Dublin Not very US centric

Cons

Nothing major that I can think of

"Fantastic!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great role to work in. Fantastic company to work in, with attentive managers and fantastic, diverse and inclusive culture.

Cons

Unclear progression at times, countered by helpful managers

Found 1119 reviews