HubSpot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in March 2019.

Interview

The process included an initial recruiter phone call, a take home coding assessment, and then 3 on-site interviews which are roughly 1 hour each. The on-site interviews consisted of a database-related interview, a system design interview, and then a final general discussion with a director. The whole process was really well organised and made for an enjoyable and fair experience. I received a decision and offer 3 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Home assessment   1 Answer
    • Design a database schema for a given set of requirements   1 Answer
    • System design question   1 Answer

10 Sep 2019 – Chief People Officer

Congrats on your offer and hope you're enjoying being part of our team so far. Thanks for sharing such lovely feedback on our process, we are delighted to have you helping our engineering team grow. Sincerely, Katie

Senior Product Manager, CPQ Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

Overall the process took 1.5 months. I had a call with a recruiter. The usual screening call. She came back to me quickly and moved me to the next one with the Hiring manager for the position. That happened 2 weeks later. We had a nice conversation digging into how I build projects, how I define strategy, product discovery, etc. I got immediate feedback from the recruiter on the next day that I'd be moving to their final round of interviews. That for some reason took 2 weeks to schedule and finally happened 4 weeks after the second interview. It took 3.5 hours, 4 separate sessions with the hiring manager and 3 other people. All of them were nice people, some of them more experienced than others, but generally was left with a good impression of the people in Hubspot. I also thought the interviews went well but I wasn't offered the job at the end. At least they provided me with some reasoning for not making the offer which I appreciated. It would have been nicer to call me in person rather than send an email at 5.30 in the morning (the recruiter was in Ireland) when the rejection was the first thing to see at the dawn of the day.
    All in all, the people were nice, the product seemed nice too and I was left with the impression Hubspot is a nice company to spend time in.
    The recruitment process was way to heavy, not only because of the time it took me (the recruiter apologized at some point that it doesn't usually take that long) but they were sending me materials to go over and prepare for the upcoming interviews which were out of line totally. They send me a list of topics and questions for each topic in that long session interview to prepare for them. Well, I did prepare and I don't consider it a waste of my time but none of these particular questions/topics were ever raised.

Interview Questions

• Pick a software product you love or hate: get ready to dig into it. You can pull something up on
      your computer or phone and have a deep conversations around why you like or dislike it.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HubSpot in August 2020.

Interview

I had a very positive interview process. The recruiter reached out to me about the job opportunity and set up a time to connect on the phone. She took the time to get to know me before getting into my work experience. She explained the role in detail and wanted to gauge my interest to see if the company would be a good fit for me - not the other way around. I knew some of my skills matched up with the job description, and although i wasn't as experienced in some areas, she still wanted me to talk to the hiring manager. After speaking with the hiring manager, I had an assessment to complete, and after submitting it, they notified me that they would not be moving forward with me within three days. Although it didn't work out, I was very impressed by this company merely through the interview process, and hope to one day have the chance to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you enjoyed most about your current/previous role.   Answer Question

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HubSpot (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I was given a phone screen then told to expect another set of interviews. I am pretty sure the recruiter was planning on ghosting me. I had tried to touch base because i was told to expect an interview the following week on Tuesday. She finally told me they aren't moving forward after a couple of attempts to reach out. This was a highly unprofessional and deceptive rookie tech recruiter. These types never add value to an organization. This coupled with the poor experience I experienced with their weirdly aggressive CRM sales team at a previous employer, I can confidently say I believe I dodged a bullet here.

Interview Questions

• I asked to give a basic overview of my UX career.   1 Answer

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot in July 2020.

Interview

It sucks to admire a company and have such a bad interview experience. I am truly disappointed. At no point I felt like the recruiter was invested in the interview process and genuinely cared to get to know me. After I provided my availability for a phone interview, I did not hear from her for the two week period that I had submitted some time for. I then went ahead and updated my availability, and emailed her about it. Later, I got a confirmation email for the interview. This whole time, all I got were automated emails, and no explanation or whatsoever as to what had happened. I honestly feel like if I had not updated my availability, she would've never reached out to me again. The day of the interview came, and it made me feel like she just wanted to get it over with. It was like she was hearing my answers but not listening to my answers, and there were no follow up questions. Overall, very uncomfortable because I could sense the lack of interest. After answering her only three questions, I asked questions about the team driving the effort and the position. At the end, I asked her for feedback because I could sense the hesitation from her end, and she said she would get back to me with that later. A couple days after I got a generic rejection email. As someone who has worked in recruiting before, I suggest recruiters take the actual 30 minutes to get to know the candidate as much as possible, especially when the candidate is clearly engaged in the conversation. Three questions are not enough. I understand that is a busy time for HubSpot, and you have bigger pools of talent than ever before. For that same reason, candidates are taking extra time to prepare, so let's take that into consideration and give them a fair shot.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot in July 2020.

Interview

The interview process was smooth, efficient and effective. Katie Callis walked me through the entire process and would check in after each round. Interview is a recruiter phone screen, then hiring manager phone screen, zoom loop interviews and a final case study presentation. Entire process took about 4 weeks. The team was very attentive, and the interviews felt like a conversation more than an interrogation. I enjoyed everyone I met with which made my decision to join a no brainer!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubSpot in July 2020.

Interview

This was definitely the most thorough interview process that I have ever had to go through, which is why I found it to be such a unique experience.

The interview process went like this:
    1. Phone screen with recruiter - The recruiter asked common interview questions and gave me a bit of a rundown on what the role is like.

2. Assignment given to me to complete on the HubSpot platform - It wasn't anything too complicated, you just need to take your time with it and understand every aspect of the assignment.

2. Video interview/demo with one of the managers - I had to demo what I did in the assignment while being asked questions about various parts of what I did. Afterwards, we had a bit of a roleplay scenerio where the interviewer played the role of a customer and I had to help them fix a problem.

3. Three video interviews back-to-back-to-back with managers - This was probably the most nerve-wracking portion of the process as I have never been interviewed this much in such a short period of time. Thankfully all three of them were very kind and made me feel at ease very quickly. They will ask common behaviorial questions so be prepared for that.

4. Final video interview - Again asked common behaviorial interview questions and scenarios

I would say what you need to prepare yourself the most with is with the assignment given to you. You are going to be asked questions surrounding various aspects of the assignment and if you don't take the time to understand what you did and why you did it, then you may struggle a bit.

Overall, I have nothing negative to say about the interview process. Every single interviewer was very kind and made any nerves that I had go away quickly. They are very knowledgeable about their work so be prepared to ask questions so they can provide information about what the role is like, as their answers were very insightful in my understanding of what the day-to-day is like.

Renewals Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (New York, NY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

1- call with the recruiter
    2- call with the manager for the position
    3- Vídeo call with the Manager and a Renewals manager
    4- vídeo call with another Renewals manager
    5- vídeo call with Another renewals Manager
    6- vídeo call with Another Renewals manager.
    There were 2 recruiters scheduling everything.
    Everyone was nice and polite.
    They asked all the same questions.
    That was kind of repetitive.
    It could be much better if was only one video call with everyone. For the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why HubSpot?   Answer Question
    • What HubSpot does?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage your accounts?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you learn when something went wrong?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how do you prioritize your accounts?
      You have a email from your manager , an escalation and email from a investor? Who would you answer first?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an accomplishment that you had in your career and you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Account Executive Mid-Market Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot in July 2020.

Interview

The experience included an interview with a recruiter, hiring manager, role-play, and four other interviews with sales leaders and upper management. The entire team was very professional, curious and mindful throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a deal that you closed that you're most proud of and why.   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Interview

Not a great first impression of HubSpot.

Recruiter reached out after applying for a screener call.

They were 5-mins late in calling me and ended our call 3-mins early by saying they had another call; that made me feel like they didn’t care about my time or my candidacy.

Interview Questions

HubSpot Response

26 May 2020 – Director, Recruiting

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write a review and I'm sorry you left your call feeling like your recruiter wasn't invested in their conversation with you. I'd be curious to learn what, aside from the timing of the call, led you to believe the recruiter didn't care about your candidacy, and would expect that in the time they did spend with you they were asking thoughtful questions and engaged in your answers. Especially during these times where people are in unconventional work environments, my hope is that there we can all have a bit of empathy for the need for a few minutes of transition time.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

I was referred by a friend/old colleague in early February, and submitted my cover letter and resume. Shortly after, a call was set up with a recruiter. We spoke for about 30 minutes about my experience and goals and she scheduled me to meet with the hiring manager. We also spoke for about 30 minutes and she indicated they would like to bring me in. I met with 3 managers and a director about 4 weeks later, and then the VP a few days after this. I received feedback after each interview, which was incredibly helpful in understanding where I was in the process. At this point, however, the process was put on pause while Hubspot assessed headcount in the midst of COVID-19. My recruiter was very reassuring throughout, and after a couple of weeks I was scheduled to have one more conversation and presentation of a case study to a hiring manager. I received an offer a few hours later. My journey was unconventional due to COVID-19, but I really appreciated the transparency, support, and feedback that I received along the way. I would not have expected such a positive outcome during such an unpredictable time, but also felt reassured that Hubspot is being very thoughtful and strategic about its forward trajectory.

Interview Questions

• Why Hubspot? (This was asked several times, so ensure you have thought about this carefully)   Answer Question

19 May 2020 – Director, Recruiting

Thanks so much for such a thoughtful review, and we're so glad you decided to join us. Our leadership team has been incredibly thoughtful in navigating our business growth in the wake of COVID-19, and I'm so proud that our team brought the same level of empathy and transparency to your process. Welcome to HubSpot, and stay well!

Best,
    Becky

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.