Kainos Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Kainos Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Kainos

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview with internal recruiter.
Second telephone interview with Senior Software Engineer.

Phone line quality poor to middling.

Semi "Tick the Boxes" approach, which shows they hadn't really read my CV, or just assumed I'd done something I made no claim to have done.

Some questions more to do with architecture, some design, difficult because my experience is spread across several projects , so hard to collate in a couple of minutes.

No attempt to assess ability to problem solve, programme or interact with colleagues.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kainos

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kainos (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Contacted by recruitment consultancy, submission of CV, if selected then followed by a telephone interview. Finally, if selected then face to face interview in Birmingham.
    Was not successful in obtaining a senior position but was offered regular position. Was promoted to senior within 6 months. 6 month probation ended early, just prior to promotion.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (Birmingham, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

First, there was a 30-min phone screen, and that led to an in-person interview a few days later. There was one person in the room, and other joined by Skype as he'd had travelling difficulties that morning. Nothing really difficult, mainly covering previous work history and skills, and there was lots of opportunities to ask questions. It's just as well as one particular question uncovered an important facet that probably would have led to deep unhappiness in the role.

I was informed from the outset that the role included a lot of working away from home (that was OK with me), but that Kainos would pay all expenses from "the second you leave your house". Here are some exact quotes from the various literature I received from the recruitment agent:

"there is travel but normally based on a site near home."
    "3/4 days on site 1/2 working from home, everything expensed"
    "Everything is paid for the second you leave your house"
    "All travel is fully expensed from their door to clients, also food and any overnight stays"

It turns out these things are only true of you have a home-based contract, and those are not available to Senior Software Engineers. That contract may be available to some levels of Architect but even that wasn't clear in the end.

In the end, I had to make the painful decision to decline their offer. There's a very strong possibility I would have been left seriously out of pocket from the extreme commuting at my own expense.

With all that said that Kainos seems like a superb company to work for and I only wish my circumstances could have been slightly different so I could have joined them.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kainos (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I have attended the interview in Belfast office, The position I applied was for a programmer role, not an architect or project manager. Few questions were irrelevant and seems they were not seriously looking for candidates. Its a total waste of time their interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you convince if client asked for a faster delivery?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Sent the CV via their own recruitment system, then got a phone call arranging the telephone technical interview.

The technical interview took about 30-40 minutes. Just talking in the phone.

The questions were quite basic, like what's the differences between interface and abstract class. There were also some questions about the development procedure, rapid development, continuous integration.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was the accent. I had some problems with understanding the basic words like "synchronised".   1 Answer

Kainos Response

10 Sep 2014 – Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks for taking the time to leave the above feedback, We have a diverse range of nationalities throughout Kainos and our 1st stage technical interviews can be carried out from any of our locations, depending on the role being interviewed for and the skill set required, which means at times the interviewers may be from any of our offices spread across Belfast, Bristol, Derry, Dublin, Gdansk, London or Reading. Due to this, some interviewers will have stronger accents. Saying that, we are continually looking at the interview process and are lining up more first stage interviewers with the locations and business units that candidates have applied for.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.