Kainos Interview Questions

Updated 9 Aug 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 94 of over 94 interviews

Recruitment Agency17%
Recruiter9%
HardAverageEasy

Kainos

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kainos in Jul 2022

Interview

FIrst round is usually straightfoward and more high level , second round a lot more technical and specifics when you speak to actual engineers / data scientists. The seemed to like really detailed answers and even an idea of what the code would look like.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with imbalanced data ?
    1 Answer

Kainos

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kainos in Jul 2022

Interview

Me postulé por LinkedIn. La entrevista fue muy amena, cordial y entretenida. Fue la 1º de otras 3 que nunca llegaron. Quedaron en avisar por si o por no y jamas lo hicieron

Interview Questions
  • A que me dedicaba antes, Si aceptaba horarios no convencionales, nivel de inglés, expectativa salarial

Kainos

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kainos in Jun 2022

Interview

Around june/july I had an interview with two engineers for an hour which was splitted for HR questions and coding part. HR part was typical HR questions and coding question was easy difficulty to write a pseudocode. Nothing serious. Once you pass this initial stage, next stage was at assessment centre with several other candidates. I still don't understand why companies still follow this 80's style hiring process, just follow FAANG style hiring process. Interviewers said recruiter will get in touch with me however after this round I was ghosted. Bad interview experience with Kainos, also interviewers need to prepare beforehand for a technical round instead of candidates needs to fiddle around to set the tools and share their screen for a pseudocode round. I mean notepad/teams doesn't allow to collaborate on real time so coderpad or hackerrank are the getgo so please prepare prior for an interview. Interviews are the two ways not only for an organisation, these types of interviews actually setting a bad impressions for future candidates. Anyway I had no intention to join kainos I was interviewing to see the kainos the interview process and for the experience.

Interview Questions
  • How would you prioritise your work? What's your proudest moment? How would you handle the conflicts? 20 characters long password with an alphanumeric? write a pseudocode to check valid or !valid

Kainos

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kainos in Jun 2022

Interview

I was contacted by the internal recruiter to discuss the position, which was described as fully remote. I was invited to the first stage interview, where I met the Senior Product Owner and she told me that there was a requirement of being present in the office at least once a quarter. Following the interview, I contacted the recruiter to explain I couldn’t meet this requirement - he told me he would speak to the team to see what could be done in terms of fully remote and that he would let me know the following day if this was not possibile. In the meantime, we agreed I would continue with the interview process. Over the following week, I worked on the presentation for the second stage. I was then contacted just 10 minutes before the interview by the recruiter, where he explained to me the position would require quarterly travel to the office.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England)

Interview

I applied online and recieved a call from a recruiter after a few days which is obviously nice and I was progressed to interview shortly after. During the interview I met two members of the team. They asked basic competency based questions. One of the interviewers was clearly distracted during this, often looking away from the camera and talking to someone. On several occasions he lounged back in the couch he was sitting at which I found pretty unprofessional. Imgine if I did that? I was not given any opportunity to ask questions at all which is an important part to me! It has now been three weeks and I have heard nothing. However, even if something did come from this I wouldn't be progressing further as the overall vibe I got was not good, and too many red flags. With such a "people focus" you would think they'd have a candidate focused selection process. If this is how they treat TA interviews I'd not want to see how the treat others.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kainos (Buenos Aires) in Apr 2022

Interview

Felt like a slightly casual interview over Microsoft teams. It took about 45 minutes and they asked about 5 or 6 questions. It was just general about my thought process.

Interview Questions
  • How can hiring managers appeal to the needs of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workforce?

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England) in Apr 2022

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via linkedin and process took less than 3 weeks. The recruiter was nice. Had initial phone call with her and then first interview was set up for the following week and after that I was invited for second final interview. The coming week the recruiter gave me an offer. I was given updates on the process through out the whole process. Once the offer was given I accepted and was sent a contract the next day.

Interview Questions
  • Competency based questions such as: Tell us a time you problem solved. Tell us about a time you have resolved a conflict or a disagreement. Tell us about the time where you communicated about a work that couldn't be completed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kainos (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in Mar 2022

Interview

An initial chat with an internal recruiter about your situation Second telephone interview with Team Lead and Senior Software Engineer. They have a set of questions on paper that the lead dev and senior dev shared to ask.

Interview Questions
  • * Asked to show the high-level design you implemented. * Behaviour questions * Experience with tech and where have you used tech questions

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England)

Interview

The interviews were more of a conversation to gauge you and your working style and skills. I did however also feel like they were trying to find the right person rather than grilling about skills which can always be improved and taught. Everyone I interacted with from start to finish was very nice, which made me feel even better about the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in Feb 2022

Interview

Two stages in the interview process. The first interview consisted of competency based questions which required the S.T.A.R technique to answer. If you do well in the first interview you will be invited to the second stage interview which was a coding exercise with a given problem you might find on leetcode. The hiring manager made the second technical interview feel rushed as he wanted me to start writing up my solution before I had taken time to fully understand the problem. He did not come across as somebody I would like to work with due to his negative expressions. I recevied confirmation I did not get the job one month later and still to this day have not received feedback when requested multiple times.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Kainos?
  • Talk to us about a recent project you worked on.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Interviews