Workhuman Reviews

Updated 29 Apr 2021

Workhuman CEO Eric Mosley
Eric Mosley
Pros
Cons
  • "Fast moving environment is not for everyone but if you enjoy working in a fast paced environment isn’t really a con(in 9 reviews)

• "A few departments had communication issues and some growing pains, but they will overcome(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "A truly great place to work"

• Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at Workhuman full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's so many pros I can't list them all. Everyone is super nice and respectful. There's lot's of room to grow and and hard work is appreciated and recognised. It's very diverse and promotes a healthy work/life balance. The company seems to stand for great things which makes working here great and it's the first time I've been happy to represent a company I work for.

Cons

It can be a little fast paced and immature in some ways of working.

April 27, 2021CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. Our people and our values are the foundation of our company culture, which has allowed us to stay true to our mission of making the workplace more human for end users across the world.

2. "Punches above its weight but still work to do"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Workhuman full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture and employees, positive outlook, and strong sales/performance in a niche market they have pretty much created and defined.

Cons

Very slow to implement changes or keep up with the similar tech companies employee benefits yes the R&R is great, unparallelled even but there are lots of gaps and omissions that it makes up for.

April 27, 2021CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. We’re proud of the connected culture that allows our employees to feel valued and recognized for the work they do. Defining what our workplace will look like in the future remains a work in progress at this time. This is due to the high level of thoughtfulness and consideration with which we are approaching our return to office plans, including navigating legal parameters, business operating needs, and the mental health and wellbeing of our employees every step of the way. I encourage you to contact your HR Business Partner regarding your current wfh setup to see if we can assist in providing you reimbursements for equipment or other accommodations that will help you feel supported during this time.

3. COVID-19

"Used to like it, but not any more"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Workhuman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Breakfast, Tennis Table, Coffee, Nice Office, many nice people.

Cons

- Company location is horrible and they don't allow working from home that much (pre covid19). - recognition system is not allowed to remote people to recognize others. - salary is almost reaching average. - no career progress and there is no clear progress plan. - very old technology - not a software developer friendly workplace. - recognition system is dominated by few people, and those who get benefits of it. - poor bonus. - good place for planning your retirement (many old people there). - I have started looking somewhere else now. - no working from home plan after Covid19

April 27, 2021CHRO

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We’re proud of the culture we’ve built in the office, and how our own software has contributed to our ability to stay connected through distance during the pandemic. Our leadership team continues to develop a return to office plan that supports our business goals, and, most importantly, our people.

4. "Great ascending company but struggles to compensate talent"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Workhuman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent work environment, great colleagues and management team, great perks and benefits.

Cons

Difficult to accept constructive criticism

April 27, 2021CHRO

We appreciate your feedback. As a company, we strive to provide a robust compensation and benefits plan. This includes using our own suite of products for employee recognition and rewards, and providing ongoing opportunities for employees to make their voices heard through pulse surveys. Your constructive feedback is always encouraged and appreciated.

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Workhuman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really customer focused and employee focused

Cons

Fast paced is not for everyone

April 27, 2021CHRO

Thank you for your feedback.

"High turnover and new people everyday"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Ballyfermot
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Workhuman part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food in some events, new devices for work, room to relax and good training

Cons

Poor management , high turnover due managers do not work well with people, repetitive work, quality department is null

April 27, 2021CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. We’re committed to setting our people managers up for success so that their teams feel empowered to do their best work. This includes weekly people manager calls, ongoing training programs, and our model of continuous performance management and feedback.

7. "Amazing place to work and an opportunity to work with amazing people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Workhuman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great People Authentic Leadership Great suite of products Growing company, fast paced Opportunity to do purposeful work Company values are really lived and this creates a great culture to work in

Cons

None come to mind, we are ar growing technology company who I've seen put their people first.

"A company that understands the importance of looking good and loves telling you about it"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Workhuman full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent salary and benefits. You might meet some good people. The biggest pro, however, is I now understand the irrelevance of awards like the Great place to work when searching for a new job. Take them, and any recruiting marketing, with a huge pinch of salt.

Cons

Little to no emphasis on career growth or progression (contrary to what they will say in your interview). Outdated engineering technology and practices. There is a culture of relentless positivity at Workhuman. There are so many issues with the way they work but they would rather celebrate stumbling along instead of addressing what they need to fix. The gratitudes program promotes this. It’s not unusual to see awards given for dealing with tough situations, which is great, but is still just a short term patch to make people feel better. The gratitudes program they list as a benefit is quite gimmicky. You will notice the same people give each other awards every month. I think if you play the game you could do quite well out of it, but it’s all very fake and, regardless of what your told during the recruitment process, those doing the hardest or best work aren’t necessarily those receiving the awards. It’s not unusual to encounter toxicity at Workhuman. Passive aggression was common in my experience and I witnessed many meetings where people would rather talk at or over each other instead of listening. When you couple this with how much they preach about it being a great place to work, it becomes quite difficult to stomach. Things move incredibly slowly at Workhuman. Decisions take forever and implementation takes even longer. They talk in terms of years here, not months or weeks.

March 24, 2021CHRO

We appreciate your feedback and take all reviews very seriously. We are proud of our culture and are honored to have won awards including Great Place to Work, among others. Providing growth opportunities for our employees is a priority. In fact, one of our top hiring sources over the last three years has been internal promotions. We are proud of the work we’re doing, our recognition program, and our people. We strive to provide a human workplace that is focused on recognition and feedback, and have data from customers and our own internal programs that support it. Our recognition program is at the foundation of our culture and we believe strongly in what it provides for our employees. We will not always be perfect but we are going to make a perfect effort. Like many of our senior leaders, I have an open door policy, and invite you, and any other employees to discuss your feedback with me directly, as that is the best way to be heard and to address your concerns directly.

9. "Human mission"

I have been working at Workhuman full-time

Pros

Genuine business, believes in their product and its benefits to the workplace. Nice diverse workforce, lot of opportunities, good buzz

Cons

Its growing rapidly, so be prepared for some change ;)

"The most fake company I've ever worked for"

1.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Workhuman full-time

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

As another reviewer said, I now place no value on the Best Place to work awards. Because this is the worst place I've worked. The image they portray to the outside world and clients is very different to the internal one.

April 27, 2021CHRO

We regret to hear this about your experience with us. We’re proud to be recognized by Great Places to Work as well as many other independent parties we work with to survey employees across the organization about our workplace culture.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 167 Reviews