Workhuman Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 26, 2021

Found 19 of over 236 reviews

4.0
Workhuman CEO Eric Mosley
Eric Mosley
Pros
  • "It's very diverse and promotes a healthy work/life balance(in 20 reviews)

• "Workhuman offers a truly human workplace where you can bring your whole self to your role(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It can be a little fast paced and immature in some ways of working(in 13 reviews)

• "A few departments had communication issues and some growing pains, but they will overcome(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Can't imagine working anywhere else

Oct 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work/life balance. Colleagues are mature, professional, and talented individuals. The main product is really valuable to us as well as customers.

Cons

Navigating communications of business decisions during Covid can be tough, but I can tell they're trying.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

More human than the rest

Oct 26, 2021 - Director of Engineering in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The product it sells reflects what how the company behaves. Gratitude and recognition are feeding the spirit of teamwork, respect and communication inside the company. The product is fantastic and we get to use it every day. It really improves your mood and day when you receive a recognition award. Which is often. This is extremely valuable. People in engineering care deeply about what they do. And care deeply about improving what needs improving. Leadership also has lot of talent in the team and knows what needs done to achieve goals and mission. Haven’t met a single person that I could have something negative to say. Cares about the employees and there are lots of events and packages delivered to the door step. Some of them complete surprises. The company is growing and there are tons of opportunity to make a difference and change things. Work-life balance is well respected. Diversity and Inclusion ERGs are really really strong. Benefits on par with industry average.

Cons

Tech org is understaffed. There are plans to grow and to address but recruitment also has its challenges. Because of understaffing the org focuses mostly on pushing new product and keep addressing customer needs. Very little time left for research, innovating experiments or working on technical debt items. Because of understaffing, leadership is also consistently under fire with high priorities. Leaving very little time to finish what is started and focusing on long term initiatives/strategy. Comp package below average and no stock plan yet.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A truly great place to work

Apr 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's so many pros I can't list them all. Everyone is super nice and respectful. There's lot's of room to grow and and hard work is appreciated and recognised. It's very diverse and promotes a healthy work/life balance. The company seems to stand for great things which makes working here great and it's the first time I've been happy to represent a company I work for.

Cons

It can be a little fast paced and immature in some ways of working.

Be the first to find this review helpful

CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. Our people and our values are the foundation of our company culture, which has allowed us to stay true to our mission of making the workplace more human for end users across the world.

4. 2.0

Not agile at all

Oct 14, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- No pressure; - Good perks; - Good work/life balance; - Good culture around awards and recognizing peers; Overall, it's a good company to work for because of the relaxed atmosphere, pressureless IT environment.

Cons

- No one cares about the development process, no one cares if we're doing Scrum wrong and no one cares about improving processes; - Criticising or raising points of improvement are not received well and most of the time are ignored; - The managers and decision makers want to centralize all the decisions, affecting by a big measure the developers autonomy; - The IT area doesn't have a clear vision of the future, and no communication is done to clarify that to the developers; - Tech is outdated; Not a good company if you want to learn new stuff and grow professionally.

14 people found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I would welcome the opportunity to hear more in person, and ask that you consider reaching out to me directly and in confidence.

5. 4.0

Sep 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great facilities, great perks ( awards). Good work life balance and work atmosphere.

Cons

Salary not really competitive

1 person found this review helpful

Senior HR Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. If you would like to talk further please reach out to me directly any time. Kate

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Nov 8, 2018 - Accountant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working with Globoforce for a number of years now. It has been a wonderful journey. The exposure I have received has been second to none and to work through so many challenges with the support of a fantastic team has given me a great sense of achievement. The company is at the cutting edge of everything it does and is on such a growth path that career opportunities are endless. Despite the pace of change the company embraces a culture where everyone is seen as a person and not just a number. The company also places great importance on work life balance and strives to support its employees to ensure they deliver their life's best work. I really don't see myself leaving Globoforce as I believe I can fulfill all my career ambitions here.

Cons

The location doesn't have a huge amount of amenities close by.

Recruitment Manager

We are delighted to hear that you are having such a great experience in your Globoforce career. We truly do strive to provide a great employee experience from career development to work life balance. As you mentioned, with company growth comes change and it is our aim to preserve our culture and continue making the workplace more human. We appreciate the office does not have the same amenities compared to a city center based location but hopefully our brand new office space will provide with you with an environment you continue to enjoy working in. If there is anything else we can improve on or feedback you would like to provide, we would be more than happy for you to discuss it directly with any member of HR.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Such a positive place to work

Nov 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really positive, respectful and interesting place to work. The people are lovely and I've never had such great work-life balance. Recognition program is unbelievable, I've never felt so appreciated and receive feedback all the time to recognise me and help me grow. Huge support for developing people e.g. attending conferences, paying for tuition etc.

Cons

Really enjoying working here, no cons to speak of

6 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Nov 9, 2016 -  in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great atmosphere, we user the product we develop and that allows us to to be the users and the creators. culture in the company is great! work life balance is very good.

Cons

keep doing what you do.

9. 4.0

Good family friendly option

Oct 3, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance - people leave on time!

Cons

Location is not very attractive. Many people are there because it is handy rather than an exciting place to be.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Jan 12, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and culture, people are friendly and always do their best to help. Great opportunities to learn and get involved in a lot of different projects as the company is small yet growing fast. There is a strong emphasis on work life balance and very family friendly.

Cons

None that I can think of

3 people found this review helpful