Fenergo Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 24 Mar 2020

4.5
Fenergo CEO Marc Murphy
Marc Murphy
Pros
  • "Growing company with great opportunity(in 10 reviews)

• "Amazing work / life balance with amazing people and most importantly a people-first focused company(in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A great place to work at"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

My first main impression was (and still is) that the company really cares about its employees, pushing for the work-life balance in several ways (many social company events, very flexible working hours, work from home, cool canteens - in Dublin at least), not to mention the lots of benefits it can offer. The work as a developer also proved to be challenging enough so far.

Cons

The product itself is huge, very complex and has its own ways, many of which could be hard/near impossible to change. Imo, it's not unique for applications of this size, but still it can be annoying for a developer. For the same reasons sometimes it can take a very long time for a good idea to be pushed through the system (but people are helpful and supportive in general, though).

Fenergo2019-04-12
  2. "Company full of opportunities"

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Allows you to develop to your full potential and explore various different career paths in different countries. As its still a young company its not locked in by strict processes and procedures and so you have the ability to shape its future direction. Very flexible working hours and work from home policy.

Cons

Not as much non-salary benefits as other tech companies, e.g. no subsidised canteen.

Fenergo2020-03-05
  3. "Worth joining"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good, supportive and professional management and coworkers, nice offices, plenty of events, Growth opportunities. Really good place to work

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Fenergo2019-12-19
  4. "Overall a good experience but still lots to improve on"

Current Employee - Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance is excellent. Can work from home as many as 2 times a week although this is completely dependent on your manager. The company stance is 1 day a week. People are friendly, onboarding of new staff is excellent. The best I've seen. Sports and Social club is quite good. Events are regular and varied. Again, depending on your job, travel can be frequent which is a plus. Comfortable place to work, zero micro management. Your left to do the job.

Cons

Management of the team is virtually non existent. No feedback whatsoever, in fact I've had 1 meaningful review in 18 months. The software itself isnt good. We deliver whatever the banks ask for even if it means pushing projects over the line too soon forgoing any sort of quality. This is a major issue in there. The company is growing rapidly but still has a small company mindset, will do anything for a cheque. This is known amongst all staff and even the CEO mentioned it at one of the quarterly reviews however nothing has changed.

Fenergo2019-12-28

"I`m really happy to be part of the Fenergo family. Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time

Pros

Fenergo is simply an amazing place to work. I have never been happier working for a company then I`am now. Working in Fenergo gives you opportunity to learn and to grow. In just my first 3 months working in Fenergo my manager gave me more opportunities then other companies gave me after 1 year of service. The manager is not above you but by your side instead, helping you develop your career and support you all the way. The team is always there to support and help each other. The CEO is really present in the company and makes us all feel really welcome. As with any other company the environment can be fast paced and we have deadlines and really busy days, but Fenergo see us as Humans not machines. Great life/ work balance.

Cons

Nothing that i can think of

Fenergo2019-11-14

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good salary - International projects and clients - Work from home scheme - Flexi time - Annual bonus - Real opportunities to progress in the company - Multicultural and multinational teams - International travels to clients - Really great people in the company, at professional and personal level

Cons

- the usual in software companies, sometimes it's a bit stressful to meet the deadlines, but it's very rare.

Fenergo2019-10-11

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent culture with people at its core. Huge focus on employee engagement with something on nearly every week. Highly talented people who you can learn a lot from. Good perks like free fruit, fitness classes, lunch etc. Overall a great place to work and a company that puts a focus on developing it's employees.

Cons

It's a company going through huge growth so this brings about some challenges, similar to any company in expansion mode.

Fenergo2019-06-26
  8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing work / life balance with amazing people and most importantly a people-first focused company. Incredibly supportive, with a company culture that promotes and recognises hard-work

Cons

None to think of as of yet

Fenergo2019-06-04
  9. "FENERGO best place to work !"

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic people and Dublin office equipment

Cons

low remote work opportunities, just 1-day per week

Fenergo2019-05-16

"Decent Company"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice office environment. Progressive and open culture. Good remuneration and lots of training opportunities. Management cares about staff well being and is open to change. Good opportunities to travel and move around departments.

Cons

Innovation is slow and developing/delivering the product is difficult. The business domain of regulatory compliance may not be of interest to a lot of people.

Fenergo2019-04-15