Fenergo Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.7
Fenergo CEO Marc Murphy
Marc Murphy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Extremely challenging and fast paced environment" (in 8 reviews)

• "The people working here really are the companies best asset and its a privalige to work with such great people" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have no cons so far working in Fenergo" (in 4 reviews)

• "Placed in a shabby flat in the city centre, but probable they never will change because people is leaving the company and now we are few people" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I enjoy coming to work!"

Current Employee - N/A in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - N/A in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing fast so every day is fast paced and different.
    Transparency - there are company updates every quarter (which turn into a great night!) and the management tell us everything about business performance, the product, and the next plans.
    Cool people -Everyone is genuinely nice, passionate, and hard working.
    The CEO cares a LOT about the teams and likes to be involved in smaller details too - he's pretty down to earth in my experience!
    Opportunities to grow within the company - which is great for seeing a future here.
    Referrals & bonuses - really encouraged to recommend people for positions here and rewarded well for it

Cons

Same with any company, when there's deadlines, things can get stressful. I don't think that it's specific to Fenergo.
    As we are now in two offices a few minutes away from eachother, it can be a while between seeing people in the other office

Advice to Management

Standing desks please

2. "A great place to work at"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My first main impression was (and still is) that the company really cares about its employees, pushing for the work-life balance in several ways (many social company events, very flexible working hours, work from home, cool canteens - in Dublin at least), not to mention the lots of benefits it can offer.
    The work as a developer also proved to be challenging enough so far.

Cons

The product itself is huge, very complex and has its own ways, many of which could be hard/near impossible to change. Imo, it's not unique for applications of this size, but still it can be annoying for a developer.
    For the same reasons sometimes it can take a very long time for a good idea to be pushed through the system (but people are helpful and supportive in general, though).

3. "Technical Writer"

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, nice colleagues, healthy work/life balance

Cons

Limited room for your own initiatives and no training related specifically to your role

Advice to Management

Support employees development otherwise the best ones will leave for companies that support their career development better

4. "Decent Company"

I have been working at Fenergo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office environment. Progressive and open culture. Good remuneration and lots of training opportunities. Management cares about staff well being and is open to change. Good opportunities to travel and move around departments.

Cons

Innovation is slow and developing/delivering the product is difficult. The business domain of regulatory compliance may not be of interest to a lot of people.

Advice to Management

There seems to be a lack of long term strategic focus and too much short term fire fighting.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Automation Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Automation Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A friendly fast paced environment with great benefits.

Cons

I have yet to find one.

"Sounds good but is just average"

I have been working at Fenergo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything is really average if not just below average.

Cons

Benefits are the market average with some benefits being curb by management.
    E.g. most of the teams will have a recurrent standup meeting between 9- 9:30. So, flexible starting time is not really flexible.
    - Career opportunities exist only to a selected bunch inside the company.
    - Benefits are a joke. E.g. Health insurance is not 100% covered by the company.
    - All very good in the paper and on speeches but the reality inside the company is pretty nasty

Advice to Management

Stop acting like gods, the life of employees is not for you to play with.

7. "A great place to work"

Pros

While every company has problems as does Fenergo, I can say that people here are open to new ideas and ways of work and willing to try new things. The management team are approachable and you get the feeling that the structure is very flat with no perceived hierarchy. These qualities are hard to find in companies and I believe Fenergo has a winning approach here. The core value in the culture is accepting others views and adapting and trying new things. Hope is always high that your idea will get considered. The people working here really are the companies best asset and its a privalige to work with such great people.

Cons

While things are improving, there is high movement of people between teams and this is damaging to the teams and the culture. Its dealt with in a good way and everyone understands but the impact is still there.

Advice to Management

Find ways to keep teams stable and have a cut off of changes to priority on what must be built next. Overall thank you for all your hard work and approachable nature. Its certainly noticed and appreciated.

8. "Expanding Software House"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training and knowledge sharing opportunities when time allows. Also has a great IT support team.

Cons

Process heavy and not compatible with current delivery deadlines. Long hours needed (and expected) to complete phased deliveries to clients.

Advice to Management

"Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to". - Richard Branson

9. "Fenergo's got talent!"

I have been working at Fenergo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Fun work environment. Lots of career and development opportunities. Focus given to socialising together including a very entertaining internal Christmas song competition!

Cons

Constantly busy with everything a priority!

Advice to Management

More reflection before jumping in to get things done!

10. "EPIC"

I have been working at Fenergo full-time

Pros

I read some of the reviews and think I must be on a different stratosphere. Fenergo has grown rapidly with each employee delivering quality and developing Fenergo culture. All I have to do is deliver on my part. Too many pros to mention.

Cons

I have to click a mouse. 🐁 Thank God it's not alive.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Hard work is paying off.