Fenergo Reviews

Found 90 of over 145 reviews

4.2
Fenergo CEO Marc Murphy
Marc Murphy
Pros
  • "Fenergo has pivoted really well to remote working(in 26 reviews)

• "Fast paced - never a dull day given the pace at which we continue to scale(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I never had bad experiences in Fenergo(in 18 reviews)

• "Very very busy which at times can impact on work life balance however there is huge flexibility(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company!

Nov 18, 2021 - Director in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rewarded for dedication & hardwork. Good career progression & development opportunities. Treat staff well & lots of benefits. Good culture.

Cons

Out of hours work but rewards make up for it.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 16, 2021 - Technical Support in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest pro of this company for me is how normal, down to earth and approachable our management is and always has been. For me this is critical as this filters down through the entire business. There is a great sense of community and very little micro-management. Staff have always been treated very well, and this has been particularly significant during the Covid period. Our new working model is very successful and going forward staff are simply trusted to get the work done, even if that's not always between 9-5 as we all navigate the various courses we are meeting as restrictions and life changes at a mile a minute these days. This has been one of my longest roles to date, which is certainly not by chance and I have no plans to alter my course in the near future outside of fenergo.

Cons

From my perspective, there is very few cons at fenergo. Salaries are certainly an area that need some review for sure, but I would not allow this to be a show stopper for any prospective applicants who may be considering fenergo for their next move. The company values its staff and while other places may offer inflated salaries, that can often be a cover up for unrealistic targets / demands, something that I have not had to deal with so far at fenergo.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good for starting a career

Nov 7, 2021 - Quality Assurance Analyst in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good to start a career from here. Fenergo is open to career path change and relocations. Work culture is really nice here and everyone is helpful here.

Cons

Fenergo is way behind in salaries as compared to other companies. Org or team change happens a lot here.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Positive

Oct 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

My recruitment and induction process was seamless and I got a great onboarding considering everything was being done remotely. It's a fast growing company so there is lots of opportunities to learn and develop and try new things, there is always different sessions or activities going on and the culture still has that smaller company feel despite it's growth

Cons

No cons at this stage

5. 5.0

Supportive and ambitious

Oct 13, 2021 - Software Engineering Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Encourages people to introduce new ideas - Rewards positivity and teamwork - Open culture where anyone can contribute to even the largest initiatives - Dublin born and bred - Pushing the boundaries of technology in financial enterprise software

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary in the software engineering industry, in my own experience Fenergo is much more open to change and improvement than most companies and will always listen to feedback

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best company I've ever work.

Oct 8, 2021 - Software Architect in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fenergo is the best company I have ever worked. I was able to develop my career and learn new things all the time. The people and the culture are great. Also now during covid helped me to set up my office at home, to purchase all the necessary things to work from home. They have now a hybrid model of work from home and office which is great.

Cons

Fenergo is a fast paced company and keeps you busy. But I like to be busy myself so it is also a good thing.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic Company with Great People

Oct 5, 2021 - Professional Services in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Hands down the best people I have worked with to date. - Very supportive, inclusive & diverse environment with an open-minded culture. - Fast paced - never a dull day given the pace at which we continue to scale. - Innovative mindset with opportunity to use cutting edge technology. - Vast opportunities to explore alternative roles across the business to further career development. - Extensive training (internal & external) opportunities on offer. - Flat structure, so personal relationships may be built with senior leadership quickly. - Excellent leadership in place trusted to take the company forward.

Cons

- Adaptation to work/life balance with COVID as with any business. Can be challenging particularly in a client-facing environment. - Typical teething problems with any business on this trajectory, managing rapid scale-up on a global basis means strong people are required to respond to / adapt to change.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, great people

Oct 5, 2021 - Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, flexible working and plenty of opportunities Lots of freedom to be creative Genuinely nice people to work with and authentic leadership

Cons

Fast-paced company experiencing rapid growth - can be challenging but with this comes great reward and opportunity to be part of an incredible fintech growth story.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great and challenging place to work

Oct 5, 2021 - Delivery Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Working with the latest technology stack. Currently developing on AWS/.Net core/Typescript + React and there is always the option to explore new tech if it's the right fix for the business problem. - There are a huge amount of opportunity to get involved in a number of business problems, which in turn gives you a chance to progress your career. - Still has the feeling of a start up in terms of people being able to work on what's important rather than sticking to an assigned area or domain.

Cons

- Prioritisation is a challenge. A lot needs to be done, so it's difficult to make sure the right problem is being solved. - Can be difficult to get focus time to work on deeper problems.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

North Star

Sep 27, 2021 - Senior Director in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic place to work. Regular options available to take opportunities and turn into significant career defining moments. Full autonomy exists, full transparency, leadership team are all aligned and put the staff 1st all the time as they know that without that they have nothing. This is a place that you enjoy waking up to on Monday morning. They encourage go-getters.

Cons

Significant change in last 6 months with lots of new faces so difficult task to ensure everyone across organisation globally are effectively communicated to and aligned to the North Star.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 90 Reviews