Fenergo Reviews

Updated 19 Jun 2020

4.1
Fenergo CEO Marc Murphy
Marc Murphy
Pros
  • "Growing company with great opportunity(in 10 reviews)

• "Amazing work / life balance with amazing people and most importantly a people-first focused company(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Company full of opportunities"

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Allows you to develop to your full potential and explore various different career paths in different countries. As its still a young company its not locked in by strict processes and procedures and so you have the ability to shape its future direction. Very flexible working hours and work from home policy.

Cons

Not as much non-salary benefits as other tech companies, e.g. no subsidised canteen.

2. "A good place but the burnout is real"

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are amazing There is a strong community feel from the top to the bottom You have the support to do interesting things Your work is important and appreciated Its a fast growing startup and soon to be Ireland's newest unicorn!

Cons

Benefits are weaker than the industry The workload is high, and timelines are tight Sales can be more important than "real" work You have to wear multiple hats and do what to company needs, not whats in your contract Im always tired these days.. the burnout is real

Continue reading
  3. "I have been working at Fenergo full-time"

Current Employee - Automation Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good environment and nice “work from home” culture. Good people to work with. Good company culture.

Cons

None that I can think of!

4. "Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Junior Software Developer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people and culture, the little perks

Cons

The development roles in professional services aren't the most interesting or challenging

"Good On paper"

2.0

I have been working at Fenergo full-time

Pros

Nice new office . Work with high profile clients

Cons

Constant change ,bad communication, staff are viewed as resources not people

"Overall a good experience but still lots to improve on"

Current Employee - Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance is excellent. Can work from home as many as 2 times a week although this is completely dependent on your manager. The company stance is 1 day a week. People are friendly, onboarding of new staff is excellent. The best I've seen. Sports and Social club is quite good. Events are regular and varied. Again, depending on your job, travel can be frequent which is a plus. Comfortable place to work, zero micro management. Your left to do the job.

Cons

Management of the team is virtually non existent. No feedback whatsoever, in fact I've had 1 meaningful review in 18 months. The software itself isnt good. We deliver whatever the banks ask for even if it means pushing projects over the line too soon forgoing any sort of quality. This is a major issue in there. The company is growing rapidly but still has a small company mindset, will do anything for a cheque. This is known amongst all staff and even the CEO mentioned it at one of the quarterly reviews however nothing has changed.

7. "Worth joining"

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good, supportive and professional management and coworkers, nice offices, plenty of events, Growth opportunities. Really good place to work

Cons

Nothing I can think of

"I`m really happy to be part of the Fenergo family. Great place to work!"

I have been working at Fenergo full-time

Pros

Fenergo is simply an amazing place to work. I have never been happier working for a company then I`am now. Working in Fenergo gives you opportunity to learn and to grow. In just my first 3 months working in Fenergo my manager gave me more opportunities then other companies gave me after 1 year of service. The manager is not above you but by your side instead, helping you develop your career and support you all the way. The team is always there to support and help each other. The CEO is really present in the company and makes us all feel really welcome. As with any other company the environment can be fast paced and we have deadlines and really busy days, but Fenergo see us as Humans not machines. Great life/ work balance.

Cons

Nothing that i can think of

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good salary - International projects and clients - Work from home scheme - Flexi time - Annual bonus - Real opportunities to progress in the company - Multicultural and multinational teams - International travels to clients - Really great people in the company, at professional and personal level

Cons

- the usual in software companies, sometimes it's a bit stressful to meet the deadlines, but it's very rare.

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent culture with people at its core. Huge focus on employee engagement with something on nearly every week. Highly talented people who you can learn a lot from. Good perks like free fruit, fitness classes, lunch etc. Overall a great place to work and a company that puts a focus on developing it's employees.

Cons

It's a company going through huge growth so this brings about some challenges, similar to any company in expansion mode.

Found 54 reviews