Fenergo Reviews

Updated 13 Aug 2020

3.6
Fenergo CEO Marc Murphy
Marc Murphy
Pros
  • "The people working here really are the companies best asset and its a privalige to work with such great people(in 12 reviews)

• "A friendly fast paced environment with great benefits(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Great people in a dynamic environment"

5.0
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time

Pros

The people are brilliant and the culture that is fostered throughout the organisation is one were we strive towards the same goal, while still being treated as a individual. I can highly recommend Fenergo if you want to work in a fast paced modern environment.

Cons

Can get very busy, but this is a good thing. I'd rather be busy than bored

"Good conditions/Client focus"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

(This can vary depending on where you work) The conditions, ambient and people are great. Many social events. Great work/life balance with a lot of freedom. Courses and training provided. Promote initiatives to improve how things are done. A flat structure where your ideas count.

Cons

Not really good orchestration/coordination sometimes. Since it is client focus, almost no time is allocated to remove technical debt. Slow workflows. Too much configuration (xml). The flat structure has it's bad things, like watching people making an inefficient idea the norm without the rest of the people having a vote on that.

"Terrible Company"

1.0
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Non managerial staff are really good

Cons

Fenergo is a completely dishonest company which can bee seen in these reviews most of the positive ones are from the same date Nov 11th 2016 which just so happens to be a date some interns worked in the office and was a desperate attempt to attract staff when there was a big pr stunt for hiring 200 people.This culture continues inside the company constantly changing company direction just to chase clients. They try to portray a good company culture but unless you are part of the ‘click’ you are pretty much seen as a workhorse.

"I wouldn't recommend."

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

These do not exist here.

Cons

Lack of product vision, strategy and roadmap. Multiple org reshuffles with no benefits visible so far. No processes are followed for anything. Requirements come out of nowhere and constantly change. No bonuses or pay increase given despite the public news post that the revenue is doing great. JSON, lots and lots of JSON& XML. No desire to improve the product just keep it going. Anyone looking for a career in software development this is not the place for you.

Continue reading
  5. "I have been working at Fenergo full-time"

Current Employee - Automation Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good environment and nice “work from home” culture. Good people to work with. Good company culture.

Cons

None that I can think of!

"A good place but the burnout is real"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are amazing There is a strong community feel from the top to the bottom You have the support to do interesting things Your work is important and appreciated Its a fast growing startup and soon to be Ireland's newest unicorn!

Cons

Benefits are weaker than the industry The workload is high, and timelines are tight Sales can be more important than "real" work You have to wear multiple hats and do what to company needs, not whats in your contract Im always tired these days.. the burnout is real

7. "Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Junior Software Developer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people and culture, the little perks

Cons

The development roles in professional services aren't the most interesting or challenging

"Good On paper"

2.0
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time

Pros

Nice new office . Work with high profile clients

Cons

Constant change ,bad communication, staff are viewed as resources not people

9. "Company full of opportunities"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Allows you to develop to your full potential and explore various different career paths in different countries. As its still a young company its not locked in by strict processes and procedures and so you have the ability to shape its future direction. Very flexible working hours and work from home policy.

Cons

Not as much non-salary benefits as other tech companies, e.g. no subsidised canteen.

"Overall a good experience but still lots to improve on"

Current Employee - Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fenergo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance is excellent. Can work from home as many as 2 times a week although this is completely dependent on your manager. The company stance is 1 day a week. People are friendly, onboarding of new staff is excellent. The best I've seen. Sports and Social club is quite good. Events are regular and varied. Again, depending on your job, travel can be frequent which is a plus. Comfortable place to work, zero micro management. Your left to do the job.

Cons

Management of the team is virtually non existent. No feedback whatsoever, in fact I've had 1 meaningful review in 18 months. The software itself isnt good. We deliver whatever the banks ask for even if it means pushing projects over the line too soon forgoing any sort of quality. This is a major issue in there. The company is growing rapidly but still has a small company mindset, will do anything for a cheque. This is known amongst all staff and even the CEO mentioned it at one of the quarterly reviews however nothing has changed.

Found 58 reviews