Fenergo Reviews

Found 99 of over 165 reviews

4.1
Fenergo CEO Marc Murphy
Marc Murphy
Pros
  • "Fenergo has pivoted really well to remote working(in 26 reviews)

• "Fast paced - never a dull day given the pace at which we continue to scale(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I never had bad experiences in Fenergo(in 18 reviews)

• "Very very busy which at times can impact on work life balance however there is huge flexibility(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very nice Company

Feb 22, 2022 - Product Analyst in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super friendly co-workers, plenty of opportunities

Cons

some level of mess, but acceptable

2. 4.0

I enjoy working at Fenergo

Jun 17, 2022 - Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work from Home arrangement

Cons

Lack of transparency in wage brackets

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Graduate Program

Jun 13, 2022 - Quality Analyst in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work for Graduates

Cons

Pay is not that great

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Soul destroying

Jun 8, 2022 - Quality Analyst in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- There are some good employees in the company who will offer support (few and far between unfortunately) - Able to work from home

Cons

Too many to list, but here is some key points: - Progression is there, but made much easier for people in certain cliques - 'Lower level' employees (QAs, PCs, Devs) who do the main bulk of the work are expected to go above and beyond on a daily basis, while a lot of the leads just play a backseat role and do 'busy work' - I have credit for things taken away from me by leads - Leads are far too detached from the detail that all the detail falls on the rest including interns, graduates, interns etc. - I have been privy to conversations between managers bad mouthing 'lower level' employees behind their back - With regards to overtime or working weekends; in my opinion I feel you are put in a position to say Yes otherwise you will have a bad mark against you - Employees are strung along for far too long in terms of promotions. You will be expected to always do a level above your job spec and pay for awhile (maybe even years). If you go to management airing this concern; you will just be asked to create goals to get there and will have to continue being under appreciated. - Isolated at times when it comes to important feaures or urgent issues; at times feels like if it goes wrong, it can be pinpointed as who developed the item or tested the item. - You will get promotions, raises and be valued, but only if you take part in the social aspect of the company, rather than getting promotions and raises for the work you actually do (you will get there but be prepared to put in a number of years - you may be better getting good at go-karting and going for drinks with management to get your promotion quicker)

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Development Practices | Support | Flexibility (hours, location, role)

Feb 21, 2022 - Saas Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

(Next pros are only for the Saas area of the company) - They follow good practices: agile approach, automation of testing, automation of deployment (IaC), etc... - They work with the latest technologies. - Lot of exposure to AWS, microservices, CQRS, Event sourcing, ... - It is a great place if you want to change your career and try new roles. They support moving from one role to another completely differently. - Great support for career development/learning. - Nice people. - Working hours and location flexibility. - Hybrid working in place (1 day in the office) - The responsibilities are quite broad. You have to be able to act as developer, QA, DevOps, support, PO, etc (this can be a good thing and a bad thing sometimes)

Cons

- Salary is not as good as in other companies.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great place to work

Feb 8, 2022 - Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture and team spirit in Fenergo is the best I have experienced. During my time here I have been supported, guided and helped to get the best out of myself. My career has moved on in leaps and bounds in a short space of time. There is a real focus on career development and having a great work/life balance. I would recommend a role in Fenergo for anyone who is looking for a move.

Cons

I have not come across any cons so far :)

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company!

Nov 18, 2021 - Director in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rewarded for dedication & hardwork. Good career progression & development opportunities. Treat staff well & lots of benefits. Good culture.

Cons

Out of hours work but rewards make up for it.

8. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 16, 2021 - Technical Support in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest pro of this company for me is how normal, down to earth and approachable our management is and always has been. For me this is critical as this filters down through the entire business. There is a great sense of community and very little micro-management. Staff have always been treated very well, and this has been particularly significant during the Covid period. Our new working model is very successful and going forward staff are simply trusted to get the work done, even if that's not always between 9-5 as we all navigate the various courses we are meeting as restrictions and life changes at a mile a minute these days. This has been one of my longest roles to date, which is certainly not by chance and I have no plans to alter my course in the near future outside of fenergo.

Cons

From my perspective, there is very few cons at fenergo. Salaries are certainly an area that need some review for sure, but I would not allow this to be a show stopper for any prospective applicants who may be considering fenergo for their next move. The company values its staff and while other places may offer inflated salaries, that can often be a cover up for unrealistic targets / demands, something that I have not had to deal with so far at fenergo.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good for starting a career

Nov 7, 2021 - Quality Assurance Analyst in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good to start a career from here. Fenergo is open to career path change and relocations. Work culture is really nice here and everyone is helpful here.

Cons

Fenergo is way behind in salaries as compared to other companies. Org or team change happens a lot here.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Positive

Oct 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

My recruitment and induction process was seamless and I got a great onboarding considering everything was being done remotely. It's a fast growing company so there is lots of opportunities to learn and develop and try new things, there is always different sessions or activities going on and the culture still has that smaller company feel despite it's growth

Cons

No cons at this stage

Viewing 1 - 10 of 99 Reviews

Fenergo Reviews FAQs

Fenergo has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 165 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Fenergo to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Fenergo employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Fenergo. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

82% of Fenergo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fenergo 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Fenergo Job Seekers