Fenergo Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 33 of over 33 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fenergo

Fenergo

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fenergo in Aug 2022

Interview

Leaving a review because a NY-office based Fenergo recruiter ghosted me. :( The recruiter contacted me directly on LinkedIn. Ten minutes before our scheduled call, she cited a scheduling conflict. Later that morning, she called and left a voicemail. I followed up immediately and have followed up a few times in the following days, to no response.

Interview Questions
  • Are you free today or tomorrow to jump on a call to discuss your experience and this role a bit more?
    Answer Question

Fenergo

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fenergo

Interview

First, is the phone call interview where they ask brief questions. Then, the first interview will be done with one of the directing manager. The third process is a online test. The fourth process, which I didn’t go through is apparently another interview. The final interview is presentation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fenergo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fenergo

Interview

Absolutely horrible behaviour by the VP conducting the interview. Such unprofessional behaviour. Barely asked me one question and ended the call. If you are not interested in the candidate please do not call them for interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Fenergo

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Fenergo in May 2022

Interview

Received an email about scheduling a meeting. After that, I received a phone call, and the interview was about more about my soft skills. There are some questions about the product and also why I want to work in Fenergo. The HR person was incredibly lovely. She asked some questions about my current role and why I want to leave my current company. After that, I received a coding challenge test that include React (building timer), .Net core (debugging and implementing missing methods), and some AWS questions (multiple choice). They are using Codesignal for the challenge platform. It was not too hard but I could not complete it in 1 hour. The interview process was very professional and well managed. If you are successful after these two steps you have a meeting with the Engineering team and the interview will be with management (cultural fit etc.)

Interview Questions
  • ===Phone Interview=== Q: Why do you want to leave your current job? Q: Why do you want to work at Fenergo? Q: What do you know about the product and Fenergo? Q: Some soft skills-related questions. ===Coding Challange=== Q: Building timer with React Q: Debugging and implementing missing methods in .Net Core Q: Multiple questions about AWS

Fenergo

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Fenergo

Interview

After applying online, a recruiter reached out for a phone screen. We discussed my background, motivations for joining Fenergo and the company itself. Overall a friendly interaction with the recruiter. However, recruiter heavily emphasised that they were selecting candidates that demonstrated autonomy that would seek to solve a problem on their own before asking a senior. Also kept praising the very small team of engineers as being "high-achieving". Did not come across as a nurturing culture but rather a sink or swim environment. After the phone screen, completed three questions on codesignal with a 1.5 hr time limit that had to be done over the weekend. Admittedly a requirement of the job listing was "the ability to implement and test software applications in C#", however, I was unfamiliar with the language and couldn't complete the second question. Emailed the recruiter if there was an opportunity to code in a language I was more familiar with. Fenergo's feedback was that I didn't demonstrate the ability to find out how to solve problems on my own (by googling it) and would not progress my application. While I appreciated the feedback, I think it's unrealistic that their expectation would have been for me to google how to learn C# and complete a problem in the span of an hour... maybe just say you require a candidate with working C# knowledge instead?

Interview Questions
  • Phone Screen: Tell me about your self & background, what do you know about Fenergo? While referencing one of my projects "What was your greatest challenge on this project?" Coderank Q's 1.5 hrs time limit. Question 1 was a multiple choice regarding some amazon services. Question 2 was to implement in C#, classes for students and university courses and a method that would process book sales for the courses. Question 3 was to implement the functionality for a clock on a React website where you can change the hours and minutes on a button.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fenergo (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2022

Interview

An initial screening with HR. Then a short interview with my would be line manager and a peer. Then an interview with a peer of my line manager. Then a final panel discussion which included an HR rep and 3 other peers. There was not a lot of delay between rounds, or between my final round and an offer. Given other interview processes went as long as EIGHT rounds over many months, this was very much appreciated.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle difficult conversations with customers? What metrics do you use?

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I interviewed at Fenergo (Melbourne)

Interview

Good interview that asked plenty about me and I was able to ask questions that were important to me. Was very happy with the overall process and it was a smooth onboarding process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fenergo (New York, NY) in Oct 2021

Interview

2 rounds after consult with a recruiter, programing exam and zoom interview, Relaxed and friendly, mostly stuck to what was on my CV. Asked about some technologies not on CV, React and AWS, rejected my application based on this. Seek out what they are looking for in the role, if you dont have skills dont waste your time applying.

Interview Questions
  • Standard interview questions around CV and OOP, SOLID, Testing, Frontend etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fenergo (Dublin, Dublin) in Aug 2021

Interview

A simple kata, an then a simple interview with some people from the team, still waiting for an answer after four weeks and two mails ... quite rude with the candidates

Interview Questions
  • inheritance, polymorphism, abstract classes, API, typescript ...

Anonymous Employee in Madrid

Application

I interviewed at Fenergo (Madrid)

Interview

Had two interviews, one face to face, and one video call with head office. Great interview all round, suggestion, to do some research regarding the company, the product including its business activity in the region you are applying to. Will be asked questions about working in teams (cross-functional and onshore/offshore) and managing projects.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Fenergo? What do you know about client onboarding?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Interviews