FDM Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Found 1152 reviews

3.3
FDM Group CEO Rod Flavell
Rod Flavell
Pros
  • "Foot in the door to blue chip companies(in 87 reviews)

• "The opportunity presented to the dedicated trainees is by far the biggest positive of the graduate programme(in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • "Might have a feeling that you are a product of the company, so account managers would try their best to sell you to their clients(in 153 reviews)

• "2 year Contract hanging over your head(in 72 reviews)

1. "Door opener to corporate world"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Impressive client list. Training bridges gap from university to corporate world. Great opportunity for grads willing to prove themselves.

Cons

Training is unpaid but then again so is university - all made clear up front

FDM Group2019-04-03
  2. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at FDM Group full-time

Pros

-Good opportunities to work with companies with big names -Travel opportunities

Cons

-Getting in contact with FDM after being placed is a nightmare. You have to wait weeks and send multiple emails to hear back on a simple query. -The way you get paid (base and day rate) can make it difficult to apply for loans/mortgages as the banks will only ever look at base. -Benefits are lacking (holidays/pensions/etc).

FDM Group2019-10-09
  3. "Qa analyst"

I worked at FDM Group full-time

Pros

Experienced different work environments. You make good connections Gives people an opportunity into IT

Cons

Not much help in relocating from one side of the country to the other

FDM Group2019-08-24

"PMO Programme"

I have been working at FDM Group full-time

Pros

Training is provided by experienced professionals

Cons

No pay during training makes it difficult

FDM Group2018-12-03

"Destroyed the start of my career"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training Staff at the academy are fun and engaging.

Cons

Training is next to worthless if you leave the company. Buisness plan is based on taking advantage of anyone with a fresh degree. Dont value you as a person, see you as a commodity. Sales team extreamly deceptive in their recruitment and staff managment.

FDM Group2017-12-02

"FDM"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FDM Group full-time

Pros

Chance of working with a big company

Cons

Poor training for devs(you try to learn everything yourself basically) Unpaid training They place you anywhere and you have to go

FDM Group2017-10-06
  7. "IT Consultant"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wide variety of career paths available Blue Chip clients Social Global opportunities Improves your client facing skills Accepts many different degrees and backgrounds Great colleagues Not many companies will give you exposure to clients so early on

Cons

You need to be geographically flexible Unpaid training can be difficult

Advice to Management

Offering consultants the opportunity the re-train in another area after their 2 years could improve retention. Lots of untapped potential in cyber security industry, push this more among consultants.

FDM Group2017-06-27

"Business Consultant"

I worked at FDM Group full-time

Pros

I trained to be a Business Analyst, and training actually wasnt that bad but definitely shouldnt be valued at £20k+. I had a really good team who I'm still in touch with at the moment. Some trainers really care about you and your progression, however some are just there to simply do the job. The firm has a good and ambitious vision, but execution can be much better.

Cons

Poor pay. no job security whatsoever. I know people who are placed but are still worried of where they'll be in a few months time because some have contracts that are only 4-5 months long, etc. When I was in the pond, an account manager nearly guaranteed me a job for a client as I was the next one to be placed in that field. But the client requested someone else who was already placed in a different country, so FDM... took that consultant out of that contract and relocated him to a new one..? This just didnt make sense to me at all. Staff attrition is high. After training, they say it's FDM's job to get us into a job but their effort in doing this was not really shown whatsoever. No communication with account managers unless you persistently annoy them about you.

Advice to Management

Managers and the executives should look into employee engagement more and keeping communication constant with their employees, whether in the pond, beach, on site etc.

FDM Group2017-07-10

"Java Development"

Java Developer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at FDM Group

Pros

Want to learn java and have never done it before training is quite good.

Cons

Go to UK for €170 per week for 16 weeks. Promises of loads of jobs but most people in Ireland are never placed. €26,000 for a java developer is way below average for working in Dublin. Get more as a graduate.Tied in for 90 days after doing their academy which means you can't work with anybody else either. From your first day of employment you are tied to that money for 2 years.

Advice to Management

Don't make promises you can't keep. We were told on 7 out of 1400 were not placed. Complete lies. At least be up front about the rate of people that don't get jobs and let people decide for themselves.

FDM Group2017-03-23
  10. "Project Support Officer"

Current Employee - Project Support Officer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic client base. Varied roles. Easy introductions to these clients who may prefer the flexibility of using a consultancy firm and not always hire direct to market, depending on the roles. Opportunities to change to related streams for other interview opportunities. Opportunities to travel and work. Comprehensive general project support office training. Professional exams included. Access to ongoing training... database. Peer network of trainees.

Cons

Geographical flexibility is a must, but this is well advised throughout the application process. Training is unpaid, but free and expenses/bursary are paid. Again this is well notified when you apply. The Pros far outweigh the Cons - particularly in light of the fact that if you end up not placed you can walk away with no obligation once the 90 days are up.

Advice to Management

I would advise having an Irish office / academy. Having that presence would mean Irish graduates would be much more aware of the opportunities FDM can provide.

FDM Group2017-02-22