Rue Gilt Groupe Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Rue Gilt Groupe Interview Questions

Interviews at Rue Gilt Groupe

2.7

Legal Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe in January 2020.

Interview

Recruiter was quite rude and arrogant. She obviously did not have Legal background. Based on the job description you have 3 attorneys who work a global market. A) Attorneys do not know the laws of the world, that's why there are regional counsels or outside counsel in those regions to assist. According to this recruiter, these 3 ladies were the attorneys for the world and they also had no legal support to assist. Totally not a function effective team, if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what Rue Gilt does?   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe.

Interview

No initial HR interview, just a phone screen with the hiring manager. It was pretty straightforward but not very informative. I saw some really negative reviews about the workplace culture here, but this individual had a lot of positive things to say about the workplace environment/people.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing we aren't doing well on social channels?   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I applied through the university. Got an on-site interview call within 2 weeks. I was interviewed with 1 HR, followed by 2 developers and then a team of 3 product managers. Extremely friendly team.

Email Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

2 phone interviews that lead to an on site interview which lasted all day. Multiple interviews with different team members. The interview day was long but usefule. Had a nice mix of meetings with team members and HR members.

Short-Term Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe in October 2019.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn. Two days later, I got a generic, automated email saying I seemed like a good fit and provided with a link to submit my availability for a phone interview.

I submitted dates and times and received a generic, automated email with my interview time and asked to email back confirming the appointment. I did. Not much later, I received the SAME EXACT email. The only difference was the subject line had the word "UPDATED" in front of it and the date and time had changed. Everything else, word for word, was the same. No, "Sorry, something came up and I had to change, etc." Just, "Hi #NAME, Thanks for getting back to me. We're all set to chat at #DATE. I'll give you a call at #NUMBER. Please confirm that you got this email. Again, I emailed to confirm.

A week later, we had the phone interview. It lasted 21 minutes. 30 minutes later, I sent a very nice thank-you email that included a link to a piece in my portfolio that wasn't publicly accessible but was pertinent to the duties of the position and showcased my ability to perform those functions. She not only never looked at the link, but never opened the email.

Three days later, I received a generic, automated rejection email. "Dear #NAME, Thanks for speaking with me about the #POSITION. We were very impressed with your qualifications, but we have decided to go with another candidate who more closely matches what we’re looking for in the position. I’d love to keep in touch about other opportunities at Rue Gilt Groupe. Let me know if anything on our careers page catches your eye. All the best in your job search. Thanks for your interest in Rue Gilt Groupe." Again, no personality. Just a pre-written email template injected with my name and the position title.

I get that there may be a lot of candidates and it can be hard to respond to everyone. I get the practicality of sending a rejection email like that to someone who didn't make it past submitting the application. I'm not petty about not getting the role. It's just, for me to take time to do a phone interview, I would've appreciated a little more than the absolute minimum effort possible other than straight up ghosting.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I had a contact at the company who put in a referral for me. Within a week, I had a phone interview and 2 days later, an in person interview with different members of the team. Not too long after, i had a follow up call with HR and was offered the job. A little bit of a wait to get the offer letter together. Also negotiated for more money, but couldn’t get it. They promise growth in the company so I’m trusting that bc the culture seems like a win. I took the offer.

Interview Questions

• What’s your biggest achievement you are proud of?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

First I reached out to hiring manager through LinkedIn thanks to his post. Then he connected me to the recruitment team. Completed the initial interview with HR about my background and who I am and whether my interests are aligned with what they are looking for. Then had a SQL live coding challenge with the Sr. Data Scientist. She asked three questions. I completed them in the given time. She seemed satisfied with my responses.

After that, I didn't hear back from them. I was expecting that because I was the one sending the reminders all the time before going to the next rounds but this time, I didn't hear back after two reminders to HR and one to Sr. Data Scientist.

If you apply, expect no-reply scenarios in any step of the interview stage. Maybe they found a better candidate which is completely fine but they don't show the respect to let you know.

Interview Questions

• Live Coding Challenge with three tables and few entries   Answer Question

Assistant Boutique Producer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe (South Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Was contacted about a month after applying and advised I could be a really good fit. I had the initial phone screening and was moved to the in person interview stage. I interviewed with 5 people in 30 mn increments. It was a fun and relaxing interview. I had a good feeling about it and I was contacted with an offer shortly after. I have to say, I would’ve 100% taken the job but the offered salary was -33% from what I was making at the time. I tried to negotiate but they would not budge after multiple attempts and justified reasoning for the salary. Typically when you move on to new companies you increase in pay. I could not justify the -33% decrease and had to decline the offer. I did not think my salary request was out of range either ( I was even willing to make a lateral move), they were looking for 3-5 years experience and paying an entry level salary. It felt like they really weren’t looking for talent or experience just trying to get good people in at a low cap. It made me feel like I had no potential. I strongly disagree with the “competitive salary” wording on their website. Hopefully after the Gilt merge the company will do well and can raise salaries.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe in September 2018.

Interview

One interview with HR and two with senior manager and direct manager and an excel test.
    Interview was very thorough but fair and gave ample opportunity to ask questions.
    Interview accurately reflected the type of work that I am doing and my responsibilities.

Merchandising/Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rue Gilt Groupe (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Honestly, I hoped for more from Rue. I talked to a few previous employees that had really liked it there. I had a horrible experience with HR. First off, the recruiter scheduled a phone interview with me and then did not call me. A week later the recruiter reached out apologizing and made an excuse. Once I spoke with her she seemed very friendly and easy to talk to. However, then she reached out for an in person interview the day before they wanted me to come in. I had to ask for more time since I currently have a day job. I went in and actually enjoyed everyone I spoke to! She promised to give me feedback and still has not responded since the in person interviews.

I am just extremely disappointed in the way HR has treated this entire process. It has been the most unprofessional interview process I have ever gone through.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.