MongoDB Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 588 of over 588 interviews

Employee Referral15%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at MongoDB (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Interviewer was really unprofessional and verbally told me off. He/She told me that they’ve never met a candidate like me that didn’t do research on the company. It was 100% my fault for that but I think there’s no need to verbally berate people over the phone at 9am

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to intern at MongoDB?
    Answer Question

MongoDB

Application

I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

The process was thorough, and it gave me a chance to meet with a lot of different people. It confirmed alignment on culture and values across the entire org. The process: Recruiter screening -> Hiring Manager -> Technical -> Director, VP, Sales -> Challenge.

Interview Questions
  • Usual interview questions. Broad technical questions - this is a technical role (REST, ORM, convert XML to JSON via your favorite programming language, ACID). Knowing a sales methodology helps. Difficult, but worthwhile challenge at the end.

MongoDB

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

Overall was a bad experience. The TPM intervening me did not communicate to HR for a fires interview. You can ask the questions correctly, and no updates on the status. The question's answered responded with another question visible noticed that the TPM was not paying attention to me.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between Scrum and Kanban? What was a time when you had to automate a process?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Jersey City, NJ)

Interview

Pretty standard: -HR screen - technical round with hiring manager - virtual onsite The technical round was super easy and the onsite was nice, but one was just asking me to ask questions the other was just some basic questions about my resume and the final one was just the interviewer rambling for the whole hour. After that got rejected saying we got lots of positive feedback but ultimately decided to move in another direction. Not sure what they judged me on during the onsite. But the recruiters move quick and are responsive throughout the process.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at MongoDB (São Paulo, São Paulo, São Paulo)

Interview

It was interesting interview process, first I was interviewed to find out who I am, I got to know the people who are part of my team, then we talked about technology, and to prove my knowledge I did a demonstration simulating a sale to a client.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MongoDB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

It was good. Recruitment team made it comfortable for me. Excellent process. Flawless it was. Interview panel did a healthy discussion rather than an Interview. I really enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions
  • It was a high level Interview, an healthy discussion I would say

MongoDB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

The interviews are very well organized. You meet between 4-5 people : marketing, sales, partners... in order to understand the structure of the company. You can discuss about every aspects of the job.

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe the role of a field marketing specialist ? How to sensitize sales people to marketing actions ?

MongoDB

Application

I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

Everyone was really friendly and welcoming and asked about things other than work too to ensure cultural fit. Some people seemed genuine while others not so. The role requires a salesman with technical skills rather than an architect with some sales skills. Could have been made clearer at the start to ensure best prep for interviews. They are happy to offer tech training if you're not strong but not for sales skills, so you need to be a natural born sales person or that personality to progress. Technical interview was very easy if you are an architect with recent tech exposure. 7 total interviews to finish line with a major presentation at the end.

Interview Questions
  • Given a scenario, describe what type of database you would use to solve it

MongoDB

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

Process straight forward- phone screening and then a video interview with a senior manager in the US and then another video call with the head of department. Everyone is friendly and great to chat with, the only issue is they tell you the next steps but don’t follow up. When you do they ignore you.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in Sep 2021

Interview

Applied through the recruitment firm. Process described included 1 hr technical phone/zoom screen and 4 hr onsite interview. I didn't make it past the technical screen itself, so can't comment on onsite experience. The technical screen question was a LC hard question, and I honestly didn't expect that during a tech screen. I was only able to provide half working solution and explain my though process on how to solve it. But that wasn't sufficient for me to move on to onsite. If you are applying be prepared to answer LC hard questions (even during tech screen)

Interview Questions
  • A question around shunting yard algorithm
1 person found this interview helpful