MongoDB Reviews

Found 868 of over 944 reviews

4.7
MongoDB CEO Dev Ittycheria
Dev Ittycheria
Pros
  • "I joined MongoDB from a big corporate where I had started my sales career in a graduate scheme like many others(in 151 reviews)

• "The follow the sun model has also improved my work life balance significantly(in 93 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's hard to choose cons about MongoDB but I'd say one con is that we are still working on standardizing a lot of processes(in 54 reviews)

• "Work / life balance can be difficult occasionally(in 36 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Perfect company for growth with an amazing culture

Jan 15, 2022 - Tools Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Incredible Culture - Flourishing Environment - Outstanding Benefits - Wonderful growth opportunities - Recognition for the efforts that you put in MongoDB is still considered to be a growing organization so you can see a lot many positive changes. If you are adaptive and up for challenges on daily basis then this is a perfect company for you. You learn to be creative and innovative whilst working and you get recognized for it. Also, you are not bound to be in the same domain. You can explore your options in different parts of the company. I have seen many internal transfers based on talent and interests.

Cons

There are no downsides at all. Rather I'd say, if you ended up liking it too much, you'd put in more hours voluntarily because you see the impact you make.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Couldn't ask for a better employer

Jan 12, 2022 - Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was 10 years with my previous company and was very nervous/hesitant to move. The move however proved to be the best career choice I ever made. Some of the pro's - Fantastic and inclusive culture - Leadership team that genuinely cares about my career growth - Challenging yet rewarding work - Plenty of options and the support needed for growth - True flexibility for work/life balance - Excellent, market leading benefits and compensation.

Cons

I genuinely cannot think of any. The open and inclusive culture means any issues identified are addressed and taken seriously.

Continue reading
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Where the entire company is a big team with a culture that is better of what I ever dreamed

Jan 12, 2022 - Technical Support Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Respect, honesty, support. Here I think that everything I always desired, sooner al later can become true.

Cons

Work in a such wonderful comfort zone causes addiction.

4. 5.0

Excellent company

Jan 5, 2022 - Sales Director in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team focused Great environment Passionate about what they do

Cons

None of any significant type

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The Best Company That You Can Work For

Jan 5, 2022 - Hospitality Cloud - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of Sales Resources, Kind Managers, Growth Opportunities, High Salaries

Cons

Can't think of one :)

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company for growth and development

Dec 23, 2021 - Marketing Operations Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined MongoDB just over 2 years ago and I have had more development opportunities here during this time than in all my career before that. It's a really supportive culture that lives by its values.

Cons

Overall there are no downsides, it's a great place to work with great opportunities if you are willing to work for it.

7. 5.0

Incredible place to work

Dec 15, 2021 - Software Engineer III in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Truly a dev-centric employer. At MongoDB you get great work-life balance, an incredible culture of building high quality software without deadline pressures. If you do well in your role, you get recognised and promoted without asking for it. Once you're doing well it will be hard to find an employer to compete with the salary and equity. Engineers have a voice and are treated as key players in the company.

Cons

I have been there for 3 years, and have a hard time thinking of anything!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Once in a lifetime opportunity

Dec 2, 2021 - Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy access to key stakeholders across the business Great people and culture that encourages collaboration Very competitive benefits with a great work life balance

Cons

Nothing of concern so far.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A place for learning and growth

Dec 1, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with cool technology and always having the opportunity to try something new or to learn something. A great team that favours cross-department collaborations. Great leadership that gets things more right than wrong. Work-life balance is not only a checkbox, but encouraged. A workplace team that Cares with a capital C.

Cons

Not a con per se, but you need to be able to fly by the seat of your pants. It does require people to think creatively.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Leadership motto: fake it till you make it

Jan 5, 2022 - Technical Program Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. A small number of employees were genuinly wonderful people.

Cons

1. Extremely toxic working environment 2. Political drama in the extreme. Expect to have to watch your back at all times. 3. Leaders are chosen on their submission to the status quo. An environment this toxic enables only further toxicity to rise. Management is full of individuals who abuse the reporting structure to ensure only a subservient class of employee survives. Company culture is extremely toxic due to a high number of “fake it till you make it”VPs and directors. These individuals care only about their appearance to their own management and ignore their apparent duties, abusing the power dyamic between themselves and team members.

Continue reading