MongoDB Reviews

Updated 20 Sep 2020

4.5
MongoDB CEO Dev Ittycheria
Dev Ittycheria
Pros
  • "Working at MongoDB is fantastic(in 96 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance: MongoDB treats its employees better than any other company I have worked for in the past(in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • "The are no downsides to working at MongoDB(in 32 reviews)

• "There a lot of demands on your time so you need to work hard on maintaining a good work/life balance(in 24 reviews)

1. "The best experience of my career so far"

Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sales excellence is a core focus of everyone - enablement, onboarding and development are all key priorities from CEO down Amazing team of people with great energy Flat hierarchy - everyone's views matter and senior leadership act to improve the business on the basis of team feedback every quarter Great products - it helps to be able to rely on products that make businesses better Focus on promotions - we promote fast and we take pride in building careers.

Cons

It's intellectual challenging as the sale is complex - I enjoy this but it's not for everyone There are a lot of things to keep on top of and the pace we work at is intense - individuals need to manage themselves well to sustain the pace.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Finance Assistant

I have been working at MongoDB full-time

Pros

Great company, work-life balance, growth opportunities

Cons

salary is low and we might work long hours

3. "A workplace I recommend"

Current Employee - Account Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company structure is very flat and contact to C-Levels is not hard. Feedback can always be given and it is valued by managers and their managers. There is a strong family feel without losing the sense of professionalism, where everyone is welcome and respected equally, from the LGBTQA+ Community to different cultural backgrounds. Working as an ADR/SDR and moving to a senior ADR/SDR position is always possible within the first year of work and to then move up the sales positions or move to a different department is highly encouraged and supported by direct managers. They make sure the team members fit with one another where everyone becomes close and works together closely to help each other achieve great results and hitting over the target. Lastly, the pay for this position is one of the highest in Dublin.

Cons

Honestly, nothing I can think of.

4. "Growth Company Provides Unlimited Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than a year

Pros

MongoDB is a growth company (and only getting started) which provides amazing opportunities to those who perform. There are no internal politics that are so evident in other companies

Cons

Requires you to put in the work (but you are rewarded for it)

5. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) Great colleagues 2) Great culture 3) Great/Interesting products 4) Working on different projects using different languages every quarter 5) The company listens their employees 6) Great benefits/ Base salary

Cons

I cannot think of any downsides

Continue reading
  6. "MongoDB Lives Its Values"

Current Employee - Senior Regional Workplace Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than a year

Pros

- At MongoDB, values are not just nice words framed on the wall. The interview process is long but it ensures the people hired embody our values and actively add to our culture that we make every effort to protect as we scale - Our growth means life moves at a fast pace. Work hard, play hard comes to mind and if you are someone who has a strong work ethic, is proactive, flexible, and has scalability at the forefront of your mind, there are many learning and growth opportunities at MongoDB - You are not just a number or a cog in the wheel! Every person has the ability to contribute meaningfully - The company genuinely embraces work flexibility and work-life balance. Management leads by example

Cons

- All good things! We are in the awkward teenage years though and so processes, policies, etc., aren't always fully baked, but it is exciting as you feel you are helping lay the foundations for success in the years to come

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to learn, and fast-track you career as there is genuine commitment from leadership to promote internally. Little politics and great colleagues.

Cons

The all hands on deck, all the time culture that comes with a fast-growing, dynamic company can be challenging at times and isn't for everyone.

8. "Opportunity to grow career and exciting industry"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager/Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, great product and great opportunity to advance your career. I have found my time in MongoDB to be the most valuable experience in terms of career progression. I have learned a lot about the product and the exciting DB industry, I have evolved my CSM skills very quickly by being given the opportunity to work with very strategic customers in a short period of time since joining. All in all I have been provided opportunities to advance my career here at MongoDB. The company is inclusive and strives to grow employees towards the direction they are interested in exploring. Management is invested in employee growth and you have the tools and flexibility to make it happen for you. If you are eager to work hard and learn and grow, MongoDB is a great fit.

Cons

Constant iteration can result taxing sometimes

Continue reading
  9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Infrastructure Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time

Pros

Everything has been clear and efficient, including the interview process that was very organised, direct and straightforward. Strong leadership, great culture and work life balance. Great place to work if you want to be out of you comfort zone and improve your skills with constant learning.

Cons

Not really a problem, but you'll be driving your own career.

10. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Lead Technical Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work culture. Opportunity to work with really smart people and plenty of opportunities for career progression, if you put in the work. Very little bureaucracy, you are given the autonomy to run with new ideas and take risks. Excellent leadership team.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind in general. Hard work is valued, and expectations are high, but I believe this is laregly a very positive thing.

Found 446 reviews