MongoDB Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Found 306 reviews

4.6
MongoDB CEO Dev Ittycheria
Dev Ittycheria
Pros
  • "MongoDB is a great place to work(in 66 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is also a huge PRO if needed to work from home to run an errand or two it is possible(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons of working at MongoDB(in 26 reviews)

• "There a lot of demands on your time so you need to work hard on maintaining a good work/life balance(in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growing Company with amazing Culture & Career growth"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As the company is growing quickly it is exciting for everyone to be part of this success. Company values are lived by everyone, teamwork regardless of what department you are in. Work-life balance is also a huge PRO if needed to work from home to run an errand or two it is possible. I think I am most proud of the transparency and trust of Top Management.

Cons

Sometimes the days can be long due to cross continent teams but otherwise, it is manageable.

MongoDB2019-05-16
  2. "Great place to enhance your professional development"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to enhance and develop technical skills. Lots of opportunities for career progression. Supportive environment with a good level of Autonomy. Board members are friendly and accessible and live the company values. Great work - life balance. Great Benefits.

Cons

Very few. If I was being picky... Office location used to be in City Centre but now in Ballsbridge

MongoDB2019-10-10

"MongoDB - A comfortable place to push you out of your comfort zone"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for less than a year

Pros

3 Months into the role now. Really love the company since the interview. No BS, no bureaucracy. Everything is clear and efficient. It has the type of environment similar to startups, the benefits that are no less than the IT giants as well as the advanced technology that's designed for the new era. Selling software here is way easier when your product is beloved by the developer community, there's no need to make... random promises of which you're not sure whether will come back and bite you, demos and workshops can be done easily with confidence as everything just works.

Cons

It's not a suitable place if you're just looking for a job to pass time. You should be growing with the company as it's growing really rapidly.

MongoDB2019-09-27
  4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment is amazing and all the people are super enthusiastic here, it's a place to be.

Cons

Not applicable at the moment

MongoDB2019-08-12
  5. "Awesome Team with Excellence at the mind all the time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great colleagues, clear objectives and a focus on longivity versus short term show boating.

Cons

not really there... but it is a fast paced organization that growth which maybe difficult for people to adjust to.

Advice to Management

Stay as you are !

MongoDB2019-07-29
  6. "The place to be if you want to test your skills and grow outside of your comfort zone"

Current Employee - Account Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Extremely competitive salary and benefits - Hyper growth company with many internal growth opportunities - Very strong product - Cultural sweet-spot between hyper-growth "startup" and multinational company - If proactive, a lot of extra-work projects and opportunities - Mentorship available and strong leadership team - Fast learning curve - Travels - Achievable targets if hard-work is the base

Cons

- If not coming from a tech environment, the product ecosystem is not easy to learn at the beginning but there are a lot of resources to get up to speed with it - Some processes are not perfectly defined but it's also an advantage if you like to put your own flavour to these processes

MongoDB2019-07-23

"Corporate Account Executive"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for less than a year

Pros

MongoDB is the best place to be right now. The business is growing scary fast, while the company has over 1500 employees, it's small enough that you get real interactions with SVPs and C-level executives. Things move fast here. Sales people can make great money. MongoDB invests a ton on their professionals, one full month of training to get you up to speed, including a week workshop in NYC. Leaders and... managers are helpful and present.

Cons

There are no cons of working at MongoDB.

MongoDB2019-07-16
  8. "Great place to work - a land of opportunity"

Current Employee - Director of Developer Advocacy in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time

Pros

Market leading product, fantastic engineering team, highly engaged customers, great sales strategy

Cons

You are expected to drive your own career.

Advice to Management

Middle management is the future of the company.

MongoDB2019-07-16

"Come to MongoDB to build a career that will last"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture of collaboration across the sales org globally - we share constantly between all teams and all levels. We work very hard to work in harmony. Flat hierarchy - leaders are learning what's working and what's not from the sales teams all the time and regular communication with CEO / CRO means we can build / pivot the business based on that feedback easily Focus on enablement - dedicated enablement team... constantly building and improving our training programs to help the teams improve sales, technical and soft skills. Brilliant products - what we hear from customers and our market is that our products are exceptional. Our engineering teams are constantly improving them, with major releases happening fast, in line with the ever-changing needs of our market. Lots of promotions recently, with people moving from Sales Dev into Sales closing roles and from Sales closing roles into management.

Cons

This is a company where we work extremely hard - the bar is extremely high, in line with the potential rewards. This type of environment is not for everyone.

MongoDB2019-07-27
  10. "A great place to grow your career!"

Current Employee - People Team in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Constant learning on the job A real focus on career development Great flexible working arrangements Modern office with great perks

Cons

You need to be comfortable working autonomously, as there is quite a lot of remote management

Found 306 reviews