Cover image for MongoDB

MongoDB

Engaged Employer

MongoDB

Add a Review

MongoDB Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 2 Dec 2021

4.6
MongoDB CEO Dev Ittycheria
Dev Ittycheria
1,066 Ratings
Pros
  • "The follow the sun model has also improved my work life balance significantly(in 93 reviews)

• "Great Company with great culture(in 38 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work / life balance can be difficult occasionally(in 36 reviews)

• "The company is growing really rapidly, so the average tenure is pretty low(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Once in a lifetime opportunity

2 Dec 2021 - Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy access to key stakeholders across the business Great people and culture that encourages collaboration Very competitive benefits with a great work life balance

Cons

Nothing of concern so far.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A place for learning and growth

1 Dec 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with cool technology and always having the opportunity to try something new or to learn something. A great team that favours cross-department collaborations. Great leadership that gets things more right than wrong. Work-life balance is not only a checkbox, but encouraged. A workplace team that Cares with a capital C.

Cons

Not a con per se, but you need to be able to fly by the seat of your pants. It does require people to think creatively.

3. Join the MongoDB team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Looks good on the outside, ugly inside

12 Nov 2021 - Senior Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and benefits Work life balance

Cons

Poor management practices Many people not happy to be there but stay for shares

5 people found this review helpful

MongoDB Response

Employer Brand Associate

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate the highlights you mentioned and also respect your concerns and take them seriously. Management and leadership development continues to be a focus area for the coming year as we continue to scale. We are committed to attracting strong leaders and developing our future leaders in order to cultivate a supportive, high growth, and inclusive culture where employees can thrive. If you would be open to sharing more, please reach out to your designated HRBP or email our Senior Employer Brand Manager, Jess Katz, at jess.katz@mongodb.com.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good

7 Oct 2021 - Account Executive in Southend, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Atlas is a great product

Cons

Not a good work / life balance

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best company to work for!!!

12 Jul 2021 - Cloud Support Associate in Southend-on-Sea, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Support, work - life balance , career progression, Team mates a great company culture and values.

Cons

I wished I had joined earlier!!

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company, great compensation, but not without problems

24 Nov 2020 - Engineering
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company outlook Generous company stock and over all package Work is interesting if you like databases

Cons

Female engineers are rarely promoted. Scepticism in female engineer's capability across the board, if you are a young female engineer, being explained things you'd obviously know is such a common encounter. Work life balance is hard to guarantee. Mid to lower level management can lose track of the greater goal.

Continue reading
      3 people found this review helpful

MongoDB Response

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback; we respect your concerns and take them seriously. We are deeply committed to our company value, “Embrace the Power of Differences,” and creating a culture of inclusion by building a diverse workforce. We continuously strive to increase representation and have developed a diversity recruiting strategy to support this. We have done several things to ensure this: 1. In 2018, we signed the Parity Pledge to increase the representation of women for VP roles and higher. 2. We continue to ramp up our efforts to access talent from underrepresented communities through our ten external strategic partnerships, including six that focus on increasing access to women and women-identifying tech talent, and have adopted tools that enable inclusive hiring. 3. We’re piloting a mentorship program for employees from underrepresented groups. 4. We have specific gender diversity goals in place for our Engineering department to ensure our candidate slates are as diverse as possible. Additionally, we have an Employee Advocate who is available to help employees who feel they are facing instances of bias, as well as a People Services and Diversity & Inclusion team that can assist further if needed. Our leaders have an open door policy and are open to hearing more about the MongoDB employee experience either through small intimate group discussions or one-on-one conversations. We encourage you to reach out to your team leader or People Partner to discuss any thoughts you may have. The more information we have, the better we can help address issues. In regards to work/life balance, we believe that to give our best at work and also live a well-balanced life, we all need to take time off for rest, relaxation and rejuvenation. Our flexible PTO ethos is applied globally to ensure employees take time to refresh, relax, and unwind. This policy is based on mutual trust and communication between every employee and their manager. We aim to provide you with all of the tools you need to achieve a positive work-life blend. We are continuously working to create a culture of growth, learning, and development. Feedback is a key part of this process. If you would be open to sharing more, please get in touch with your People Partner or send an email to jess.katz@mongodb.com.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

8 Sep 2020 - Finance Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, work-life balance, growth opportunities

Cons

salary is low and we might work long hours

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

MongoDB Lives Its Values

7 Aug 2020 - Senior Regional Workplace Manager in Southend-on-Sea, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- At MongoDB, values are not just nice words framed on the wall. The interview process is long but it ensures the people hired embody our values and actively add to our culture that we make every effort to protect as we scale - Our growth means life moves at a fast pace. Work hard, play hard comes to mind and if you are someone who has a strong work ethic, is proactive, flexible, and has scalability at the forefront of your mind, there are many learning and growth opportunities at MongoDB - You are not just a number or a cog in the wheel! Every person has the ability to contribute meaningfully - The company genuinely embraces work flexibility and work-life balance. Management leads by example

Cons

- All good things! We are in the awkward teenage years though and so processes, policies, etc., aren't always fully baked, but it is exciting as you feel you are helping lay the foundations for success in the years to come

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work!

4 Aug 2020 - Infrastructure Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything has been clear and efficient, including the interview process that was very organised, direct and straightforward. Strong leadership, great culture and work life balance. Great place to work if you want to be out of you comfort zone and improve your skills with constant learning.

Cons

Not really a problem, but you'll be driving your own career.

11. 5.0

Fantastic workplace

2 Jan 2020 - Account Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

A destination employer for ambitious professionals who want to accelerate their development in a company that is really shifting the goal posts in tech. Leadership across the company competent, motivating, empathetic and driven. High hiring standard means bright and impressive colleagues. Enjoyable, rewarding and supportive working environment. Strong pay and benefits, commitment to working hard whilst maintaining healthy work/life balance. Most importantly- a real commitment to developing talent and promoting from within. Wholeheartedly recommend applying. For a non-techie, the product ecosystem is complicated at first but the level of investment in you means you'll surprise yourself with how quickly you pick it up. Character is valued above knowledge in the hiring process for sure.

Cons

Nothing stands out, delighted I made the move

2 people found this review helpful