MongoDB Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 24 Nov 2020

Found 71 of over 670 reviews

4.5
MongoDB CEO Dev Ittycheria
Dev Ittycheria
Pros
  • "Highly recommend working at MongoDB(in 102 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance: MongoDB treats its employees better than any other company I have worked for in the past(in 47 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The are no downsides to working at MongoDB(in 35 reviews)

• "Work life balance is hard to guarantee(in 25 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

MongoDB Lives Its Values

7 Aug 2020 - Senior Regional Workplace Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- At MongoDB, values are not just nice words framed on the wall. The interview process is long but it ensures the people hired embody our values and actively add to our culture that we make every effort to protect as we scale - Our growth means life moves at a fast pace. Work hard, play hard comes to mind and if you are someone who has a strong work ethic, is proactive, flexible, and has scalability at the forefront of your mind, there are many learning and growth opportunities at MongoDB - You are not just a number or a cog in the wheel! Every person has the ability to contribute meaningfully - The company genuinely embraces work flexibility and work-life balance. Management leads by example

Cons

- All good things! We are in the awkward teenage years though and so processes, policies, etc., aren't always fully baked, but it is exciting as you feel you are helping lay the foundations for success in the years to come

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company, great compensation, but not without problems

24 Nov 2020 - Engineering
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company outlook Generous company stock and over all package Work is interesting if you like databases

Cons

Female engineers are rarely promoted. Scepticism in female engineer's capability across the board, if you are a young female engineer, being explained things you'd obviously know is such a common encounter. Work life balance is hard to guarantee. Mid to lower level management can lose track of the greater goal.

Continue reading
      3 people found this review helpful

MongoDB Response

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback; we respect your concerns and take them seriously. We are deeply committed to our company value, “Embrace the Power of Differences,” and creating a culture of inclusion by building a diverse workforce. We continuously strive to increase representation and have developed a diversity recruiting strategy to support this. We have done several things to ensure this: 1. In 2018, we signed the Parity Pledge to increase the representation of women for VP roles and higher. 2. We continue to ramp up our efforts to access talent from underrepresented communities through our ten external strategic partnerships, including six that focus on increasing access to women and women-identifying tech talent, and have adopted tools that enable inclusive hiring. 3. We’re piloting a mentorship program for employees from underrepresented groups. 4. We have specific gender diversity goals in place for our Engineering department to ensure our candidate slates are as diverse as possible. Additionally, we have an Employee Advocate who is available to help employees who feel they are facing instances of bias, as well as a People Services and Diversity & Inclusion team that can assist further if needed. Our leaders have an open door policy and are open to hearing more about the MongoDB employee experience either through small intimate group discussions or one-on-one conversations. We encourage you to reach out to your team leader or People Partner to discuss any thoughts you may have. The more information we have, the better we can help address issues. In regards to work/life balance, we believe that to give our best at work and also live a well-balanced life, we all need to take time off for rest, relaxation and rejuvenation. Our flexible PTO ethos is applied globally to ensure employees take time to refresh, relax, and unwind. This policy is based on mutual trust and communication between every employee and their manager. We aim to provide you with all of the tools you need to achieve a positive work-life blend. We are continuously working to create a culture of growth, learning, and development. Feedback is a key part of this process. If you would be open to sharing more, please get in touch with your People Partner or send an email to jess.katz@mongodb.com.

3. 5.0

Great place to work!

4 Aug 2020 - Infrastructure Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything has been clear and efficient, including the interview process that was very organised, direct and straightforward. Strong leadership, great culture and work life balance. Great place to work if you want to be out of you comfort zone and improve your skills with constant learning.

Cons

Not really a problem, but you'll be driving your own career.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic workplace

2 Jan 2020 - Account Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

A destination employer for ambitious professionals who want to accelerate their development in a company that is really shifting the goal posts in tech. Leadership across the company competent, motivating, empathetic and driven. High hiring standard means bright and impressive colleagues. Enjoyable, rewarding and supportive working environment. Strong pay and benefits, commitment to working hard whilst maintaining healthy work/life balance. Most importantly- a real commitment to developing talent and promoting from within. Wholeheartedly recommend applying. For a non-techie, the product ecosystem is complicated at first but the level of investment in you means you'll surprise yourself with how quickly you pick it up. Character is valued above knowledge in the hiring process for sure.

Cons

Nothing stands out, delighted I made the move

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0

Great Company

8 Sep 2020 - Finance Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, work-life balance, growth opportunities

Cons

salary is low and we might work long hours

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to enhance your professional development

10 Oct 2019 - Team Lead in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to enhance and develop technical skills. Lots of opportunities for career progression. Supportive environment with a good level of Autonomy. Board members are friendly and accessible and live the company values. Great work - life balance. Great Benefits.

Cons

Very few. If I was being picky... Office location used to be in City Centre but now in Ballsbridge

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing company with amazing culture

15 May 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

* The company is growing and everyone is excited. This means we create a good product highly demanded by the market * Internal culture is awesome, there is no pressure on projects, no blames, punishment if the deadlines are not met (in fact it's almost always impossible to estimate right in the beginning) * Company values innovation and initiative, promotions are frequent * Super work-life balance, it's possible to WFH if needed or to run an errand

Cons

Some people need stronger pressure to work hard, democracy and lack of micromanagement is bad for them.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing Company with amazing Culture & Career growth

16 May 2019 - Finance Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

As the company is growing quickly it is exciting for everyone to be part of this success. Company values are lived by everyone, teamwork regardless of what department you are in. Work-life balance is also a huge PRO if needed to work from home to run an errand or two it is possible. I think I am most proud of the transparency and trust of Top Management.

Cons

Sometimes the days can be long due to cross continent teams but otherwise, it is manageable.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

State of art to open source

14 Aug 2015 - Sales Development Representative in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing solution and very interesting market. Challenging not boring here we go! Experienced management and knowledgeable people with good work life balance.

Cons

the company is a turning point in his life.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0

Exciting and vibrant company

29 Jul 2014 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of very smart people and an exciting environment to work in with a great product. Decent compensation packages and some focus on work life balance

Cons

Long hours and expected to work out of hours. Benefits package is the bare minimum, could do with improving. Highly changeable environment which can cause some uncertainty in certain areas of the business.

Continue reading