Meta User Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 54 of over 9,608.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting8%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Meta (Austin, TX) in Jul 2016

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter who then set up a video interview with a member of the community operations team in Austin. Mostly asked about my experience and how I would help people with different user issues. Most of the experience questions were related to problem-solving and steps I took to solve them. I was also asked to explain how to use an existing Facebook feature, some of its benefits, and how I would see if it was being adopted by users.

Interview Questions
  • How would you identify fake profiles?
    2 Answers
6 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

I was interviewed by six people individually on two separate days. Each interviewer took about 30 minutes for the interview. They were either team leads or managers. They described which teams they were from and then went through my resume and started asking specific questions about my work experience.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Facebook? What do you like about Facebook? Why do you think Google is better than Facebook?
17 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

I applied online. The process included three interview rounds in total. It started out with online tests, which were ok. It is a benefit to prepare. Moving forward I had a two phone interviews and one interview through a video conference. The first interview was with on of the employees from HR and the questions were mostly related to competancy and my motivation for why I wanted the role and why I wanted to work for Facebook. The second interview was with someone from the user operations department. I mostly got case questions about what I would do in various situations related to the role. The last interview was with three different people, all from the user operation department, but at different levels.

Interview Questions
  • Why I wanted the position, since I have a background in Finance.
9 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Applied online. Received an invitation to do an online test a few days after application. The test consisted of 8 analytical multiple choice questions (sets, trend analysis, statistics, calculus), 1 multiple choice comprehension question (questions based on a given short text) and 1 essay question to be answered in the language applied for.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meta (Dublin, Dublin) in Aug 2014

Interview

I applied online and then around 2 weeks or so I received an email inviting me to a test. I passed it and went on with a phone interview with the recruiter. She walked me through basic questions like tell me about yourself, what is the trend that you see, how to deal with a thousand of reports per day, how to spot a fake account...After that I got on an interview with someone from the team. The conversation got disconnected a few times and then after waiting for more than a week for the result, I got a thank you email. It was disheartening experience

1 person found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

A 30 mins written test, containing 2 essay questions. 400 words minimum

Interview Questions
  • Try you best to type as fast as possible.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meta (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2014

Interview

I applied online through Facebook page, and they contacted me right immediately like on that day which was scary for me. I guess they embody truly the culture of moving fast. I got an e-mail with to complete some online test with 13 questions and they were on: 13 questions: 9 Analytical Multiple Choice Questions – focusing on sets, trend analysis, calculus, stats, etc. 1 open ended basic SQL question. 1 open ended normalization question. 1 Multiple Choice English language comprehension question. 1 open ended language question (this part should be 200 – 300 words). The entire online assessment test was conducted through hackerrank.com and it was for 90 min. Personally I did not go and complete the Quiz within couple of day. I did take my time to prepare and I was right. It is a difficult test. I did use apps like the impossible interview and the aptitude interview from iTunes app store to prepare. They were a help.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult or unexpected thing was that they contact you right immediately leaving you no time to prepare, so before you apply take you're time to prepare and they apply. other than that this question was pretty difficult: An analyst at Facebook is conducting a satisfaction survey sampling from a list of 10,000 new users. The list includes 2,500 French users, 2,500 German users, 2,500 Italian users, and 2,500 Portuguese users. The analyst select a sample of 400 users, by randomly sampling 100 users of each country. is this an example of a simple random sample?
46 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meta (Menlo Park, CA) in Mar 2014

Interview

started with an initial phone screen, followed by a phone interview consisting of behavioral questions, then an onsite with 5 1:1 interviews, each taking 20-30 minutes

11 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Telephone interview, 4 Skype/site interview

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

I was referred by a friend and a recruiter called me within a week, we had a long phone call where I spoke a lot about my previous experience and tried to explain how it relates to the position in Facebook ( as I worked in a completely different industry). I was then invited for onsite interviews very quickly. I had 4 onsite interviews, 3 with Team Leads and one with the Manager at the time. Interviews were tough but really good, each interviewer touched upon different topic (experience, competency, Facebook products, knowledge of the region I'd be covering etc.). It was a great experience for me, I would've said the same even if I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
  • Some questions on why I am changing the field of work so dramatically were a but difficult to answer (from non-profit). Product enhancement questions need preparation as well.
19 people found this interview helpful