Meta Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 292 of over 9,608.0 interviews

Applied online20%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Very good. It was elaborate and I was given a chance to ask my queries in the end. Interview process is very nicely setup. I dint get through but would apply again.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    Answer Question

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Very structured and rigorous. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and kept in touch with me even after I started at Facebook. There are three parts to the interview process, and your offer is partly determined by how well you do in the interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

After initial HR interview there are 2 sessions. One of them is called Product Sense interview and the second session is called execution. They both take 45 min and 1 scenario based question asked for each.

Interview Questions
  • Product Sense Question: Imagine that you joined a company and you are going to develop a new product from scratch. It is not a Facebook product. It is not related to Facebook or Instagram. It is a product focused on commuting, how people get to work or whatever. So how would you go about building a product that improves the commuting experience? Execution Question: If you were the PM for Instagram Stories, how would you define goals for your team?

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Rather long process; found it difficult to arrange the interviews as the interviewers had limited availability. Otherwise the interviews themselves are pretty interesting. I enjoyed the conversational structure, though the L&D interview felt very forced and the questions were slightly unnatural.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you’ve received difficult feedback

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

First interview was product sense and the second interview was product execution. Each interview was 1 hour zoom video call. The interviewers were really nice, and overall the process was very efficient.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Pretty straightforward process, initial recruiter screening call, then Product Execution and Product Sense interviews with Meta Product Managers. All conducted virtually. Second round is leadership and additional product interviews Not too much else to say!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

A recruiter found me on Linkedin and asked for a meeting. They were not hiring for a specific job but rather “we constantly have new openings”. Then 3 rounds of interviews. Product Sense- identify a product solution to a problem presented. Product Execution-given a product, lots of questions about how to measure success. Leadership & Drive - managing a team, resolving issues. As you would imagine, they want answers that show you realize the data that Meta has. And you think creativy about how to use that data to drive new products to success. They didn’t seem to value any ideas I had about supplementing that data with interviews and surveys, to better understand pain poi ts

Interview Questions
  • What data would you use to determine X?

Meta

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

1. Call with Recruiter - maybe 30 minutes, told me I was moving on to the next round. 2. Call with Hiring Manager (45 minutes ) 3. Full Loop (45 minutes X 3 people)

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

The interview process for Product Managers is very structured. You will need to conform to what the interviews are looking for. But the good news is that everything you need to know about the process is provided once you pass the recruiter screening. So read the preparation materials / watch the videos

Interview Questions
  • Sorry but it's not fair to provide the questions - read the prep materials!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meta (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Initial communication came from a recruiter to screen you and see if you have the ability to work with metrics and understand KPI’s. They want you to have a product manager mindset, not necessarily a marketing mindset. If you make it past the first round they will set you up with resources. Training videos, guides, mock interviews, etc. They claim they want you to be prepared and you have 2 weeks to review all of the info. Second round is an execution (KPI’s) and product sense (product design, target market) interviews. Both are 45 minutes. Both of my interviewers were fairly late and I had to contact my recruiter to call them so they would join the call. Really odd. I came extremely prepared using the methodology they told me to use. I thought I clearly and methodically walked through the mission statement, customer segments, problems, solutions, prioritizations, trade offs etc. In the end I got no feedback about how I did and did not get an offer. Overall it didn’t feel very genuine when it came time for them to make a decision and the responses from my recruiter seen cookie cutter.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 292 Interviews