Meta User Experience Researcher Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 80 of over 9,608.0 interviews

Applied online23%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Presented portfolio, which went well. There were 3 interviews (collaboration, product sense, skills). 1 of the interviewers was very condescending and quite rude during the interview and was very curt. He cut me off several times and I got a negative feeling afterwards. Later found out from recruiter that he firmly rejected and labeled our interview as poor. Bad vibe afterwards.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone difficult. What did you do and what was the outcome?
    Answer Question

Meta

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Very transparent and efficient process, took 6 weeks in total, recruiter call, tech interview, virtual on-site with presentation and 3 one-on-one interviews. Thorough instructions and guidance provide along the way. Really amazing recruiting team and interview committee.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Meta (Los Angeles, CA) in Mar 2022

Interview

Phone screen was very pleasant but very general asking about recent experience. Moved forward, but no great team fit. There was an emphasis on the division between Quant and Qual research and surveys.

1 person found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Meta in Jan 2022

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me in Oct 2021. The phone screen took place in Nov 2021. The virtual onsite took place in Jan 2022. The whole interview process took about three months

Interview Questions
  • Product sense: The active users in the US are fewer than those in Southeast Asia. How would you design a research plan to help explore it.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Meta (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2022

Interview

Very transparent process, recruiter was very responsive to my questions and concerns. Plenty of time to prepare for the second and third interview stages. The third interview stage took almost 4 hours, so be prepared to set aside time for that.

Interview Questions
  • Technical interview asked me to walk them through a research study i might conduct to understand a specific user problem, which was explained to me by the recruiter beforehand.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meta in Dec 2021

Interview

45 minute technical Interview, followed by virtual onsite interview that involved giving a presentation to 4 other researchers. Technical interview involved creating a research plan and working through a hypothetical UX research problem

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

The hiring process was really well organized and my recruiter was very kind - not aggressive like typical recruiters and seemed very objective with negotiation. An initial recruiter reached out to me (I had applied a while ago and I guess my info was still on file), and scheduled a screen call. Then I had a quick 30 minute interview with a researcher where they asked a bunch of technical questions related to research and methods. After I passed that round, they invited me to go through the gamut - portfolio presentation followed by back to back interviews with three researchers, each focusing on one area (skill, behavioral, product sense). After I passed that round, I was invited to speak to a number of hiring managers who were interested in me. I spoke to four total and got offers from two.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Meta (Menlo Park, CA) in Oct 2021

Interview

It was challenging but included nothing that I shouldn’t have been able to answer. It was fair and I felt the interviewers wanted me to succeed. First there was a standard screener, then a 45 minute video call that went deep into my methods, then a 4-5 hour “on-site” which included a research project presentation and three 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Final round: Product sense: 1. How would you change this app? 2. What if the app was performing better in Southeast Asia than in the US? How would you design a research study around that?
8 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Overall, my interview process was very professional. I met with a recruiter and then went on to interview a person from the research. The interviewer was very nice. The recruiter was very helpful in answering all of my questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

My interview took almost a year. At the end of the 11th month when i was moved onsite, i think i was already over prepared. This affected my performance at the onsite. Now, after doing the interview which took a year,, i have to wait another year. Not so fair

Viewing 1 - 10 of 80 Interviews