Meta Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 48 of over 9,608.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting13%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Typical 2-3 leetcode questions to complete in 45 minutes with edge cases and working code. Its based on luck if you get what you already prepared. Just go through top fb questions and hope that they ask you from that list

Interview Questions
  • leetcode medium top fb questions
    Answer Question

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Recruiter reached out to get updated resume, interview process was relative straight forward: Phone screen, 1 hour coding challenge, then onsite with 3 sessions on various topics within the same day

6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meta (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

It was a 30 minute phone interview. First the interviewer asked about your background, experience on the resume. Then he asked you to start the coding exercise on codesignal right away. It was a classic hard level leetcode. problem.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Had a referral. Started with a phone call with 1 easy, 2 medium LC problems. Heard back 2 days later for virtual onsite. 2 rounds technical, 1 round behavioral. First interviewer was extremely incompetent and couldn't understand why I was using a queue for a BFS. Not sure what he wanted. I wrote out the pseudocode and then code and he still couldn't understand what I was saying. 2 medium. Next round's engineer was fine. Also 2 medium. Last round was behavioral with manager, with 1 medium. Heard back a week later that I didn't get an offer but I'm pretty sure they weren't hiring new grads anymore anyways.

Interview Questions
  • Balance paranthesis, class prerequisite, closest k points, nested arrays, delete linked list
3 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

2-round interview. All coding problems. 1 st round phone interview. 2rd round video interview. Introduce myself firstly and then divid into coding problem. Each round takes about 45 mins. Only coding problem. 1st round one medium level problem. 2nd round one easy + one medium level problem.

Interview Questions
  • Algorithm problem. Not difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meta (New York, NY) in Jan 2020

Interview

Recruiter reached out and had an initial call explaining the interview process and next steps. Was sent a lot of helpful interview prep material and a specific hackerrank link with practice problems. The next step was a technical phone screen with an engineer.

Interview Questions
  • How would you get the product of all items in the array excluding the item at the current index, without using division.

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Pretty well. Firstly talk about your research background briefly. Then do 1-2 coding questions. For each question, talk about your thoughts, write bug-free questions and clarify the time and space complexity.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Meta

Interview

The first 5 minutes is an introduction. The interviewer introduced his role and the company culture. Then reviewed the resume. Some details were asked about the project on my resume. And then I was asked to solve a coding question.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Phone interview for intern, I was first asked to introduce myself, and talked about a project in my resume, This part lasted for 5 - 8 mins, then I was asked do a programming problem within 30 - 35mins, the 5 mins for asking interviewer questions. The interviewer is very nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Meta (Los Angeles, CA) in Oct 2019

Interview

Has a 45 minutes on-campus interview with an interviewer. The interviewer is easygoing and help me relax. After 5 minutes of introduction, I started to write code on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions
  • a question and a follow up question.
1 person found this interview helpful