Emma Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Emma Interview Questions

Interviews at Emma

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emma.

Interview

Case interview, behavioral questions, understanding the company's competitors, understanding the company's value proposition. The process was held via Skype. Two rounds of interviews, with two different employees. The interview was rather easy.

Digital Marketing/Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emma (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

2 interviews via skype, first with H&R, second with the manager, usual interview questions with couple of brain teasers (easy ones) and one case study. Very nice experience and pleasent interviews.

Strategic Procurement Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emma.

Interview

It took 2 hours. 1 hour with HR and staff from the department; 1 hour with Marketing manager.
    The first hour was not very nice, the HR seemed not to pay attention to what I said.

Business Development Interview

Interview

I had a Skype interview divided in two parts, totalling around 2 hours. First part was about personality, motivation and logic assessment through brain teasers, second about the specific position with business cases and specific questions.

After the interview, I received a message stating that "part of the recruitment had been stopped" because of Covid, therefore I couldn't get an offer. Asking for a feedback on the interview I didn't receive any answer. Overall poor management of the selection process, with vague replies not giving any useful feedback.

Interview Questions

• You are managing the business expansion in a new country. What are your priorities? Who would you hire?   Answer Question

Praktikum Interview

Interview

Long interview with a lot of technical questions. First come with HR interview, then move forward to manager interview. Each takes more than an hour. For an internship, its pretty lenghthy concerning the salary is low.

Operations Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emma (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in March 2020.

Interview

In the time of Corona, I was positively surprised how efficient the online hiring process was organized at Emma.
    On the day of the interview, we had a short presentation about the company. Later there were several rounds of interviews with a person from HR, a manager from the team which you applied for and later with the CEO.
    The whole process was very interacting, well-organized and fun! There will be several brain teasers and some interesting questions about your personality.
    Overall, it was probably one of the coolest interviews I have gone through. I think it is worth trying to apply, just to get a chance to have this experience, which is different from what traditional companies usually do.
    Great job, Emmies!

Interview Questions

• What would your previous employer say about you?
      Are you a team player?
      Are you competitive?
      And many more!   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emma (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in February 2020.

Interview

It was clear that 2 of the 3 interviewers did not understand the requirements of the position they had been asked to fill. The interview focused on personality and the use of 'Case Questions', without attention to whether or not the candidate had the necessary background to perform the expected duties of the position. When the candidate asked for (basic) clarification regarding the expected duties, it was clear that the interviewers had not been briefed on this workgroup appropriately, strongly suggesting poor communication and a lack of short- and long-term goals. Poorly organized interview.

Overall a very strange interview in comparison to other interviews for similar companies/positions in the area.

Interview Questions

• How do you define a leader?
      How many golf balls fit in a school bus?   Answer Question

Project Manager Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emma (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in February 2020.

Interview

I had interviews on two days. First, I was asked to come to their recruiting Friday. I was interviewed for almost 3.5 hours by three different teams. The interview had questions on logical reasoning, interpersonal skills and some technical questions as well. After two days, I was asked to come for a second interview because I had a special request of working part time. That took place after 2 weeks and went on for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• According to you, what makes a good leader?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emma in November 2019.

Interview

5 rounds interview via skype and in office with different members from different teams, including different country team leader, HR, and co founders, and it is very quick to get the interview result.

Junior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emma (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview in a "recruitingtag" is a long process of a Company presentation by one of the founders, then two interviews with different people and then a company tour. It takes about 4 hours in Frankfurt, and when you don't live in the city, then is a whole day on it.
    If you have the chance to do the interview via Skype first, then do that.
    The questions where a little all over the place. It was a interview for a specific group and it was held in English. Wich it's ok, but it's not what the job was about.
    There were a lot of questions about personality and attitud, and at the end it's what makes the difference and not the qualification for the job.
    They're looking for people with ideas but who won't push them. They're looking for people that can "be told" what to do, instead of reaching the creative and analytical side of your own point of view as a new member of a team.
    On the day of the interview there were a group of people applying for a few jobs, and most of those people felt like it was very long and tiring process. Even the workers of the company mentioned that it was a long process and that "everyone went through the same thing" but that it is exhausting.

Interview Questions

• What would your old boss say about you and what are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Now what do you think are your strengths and weaknesses?
      It was all about "have a personality, but not too much".
      Be critic about yourself. And if they "liked you" enough for you to be on the team or not.
      It didn't have much to do with your qualifications as a professional or how well prepared you are for the job.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.