Dropbox Business Development Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 1,133.0 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dropbox (Austin, TX) in Jan 2019

Interview

Spoke with recruiter whom was late for our call. No apology was given and questions were very generic and rudimentary. Was not impressed with the process. Was very rushed with very little effort given as if she was just going through the motions. I was meeting in good faith for a career opportunity and felt like my time was wasted. Received a blanket email from a do not reply address. Very deflating and left no room for me to receive constructive criticism on what I could do differently or better should I want to apply for a position like this in the future. Horrible first impression for a company that otherwise seems exciting to work for and that I was ardent to be a part of.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your current role.
    Answer Question
  • What attracted you to dropbox.

Dropbox

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox

Interview

Ich hatte vier Gespräche nacheinander in Dublin mit Managern und Leuten aus dem Team. Alle etwas unterschiedlich, um zu schauen wie man zum Job, Team und Firmenkultur passt. Alle haben ein paar Worte zu sich selber gesagt und sind dann auf meinen Lebenslauf, Erfahrungen etc. eingegangen. Es war ein sehr freundlicher Umgang.

Interview Questions
  • Wie viele blaue Türen gibt es in Ihrer Heimatstadt? Wie stellen Sie sich den täglichen Job vor? Was können Sie zu Dropbox Produkten sagen? Wie würden Sie Dropbox Kindern erklären?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Dublin) in Oct 2018

Interview

I applied online on Dropbox's website and was contacted less than a week later by a recruiter to arrange for an initial phone call. After this, I was invited to the next step where I spoke with a manager from Dropbox over the phone and some days later I was informed I was invited to attend the on-site interview. Throughout the process everyone at Dropbox has been friendly and accommodating, and they were good at making me feel comfortable in the interview process. The on-site interview was long, as you speak with 4 different people, lasting 2 hours in total (30 minutes for each conversation). After attending the on-site interview, I was informed a little more than a week later that I was successful in the application, however they would not offer the job as a permanent position but instead as a contractor job. I decided to decline a contractor position and Dropbox would investigate the options for making this a permanent contract. Unfortunately it took more than 3 weeks (!) where I had to keep chasing the recruiters, for them to tell they will not offer the job as a permanent contract at the end. Dropbox covers the transport and food costs you spend as part of the on-site interview, which is a big bonus. I may apply with Dropbox again in the future, however I think their recruitment team needs to be better at communicating and to be quicker as well. I spent 1.5 months on this process, to only be offered a contractor job, when I initially applied for a permanent job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Dublin) in Sep 2018

Interview

The interview process really examines not only if you'll be a suitable fit professionally but also personally as culture is a huge aspect. Ensure that when you provide examples you list individual contribution alongside how this contributed to the team. Demonstrate showing initiative in certain situations to try improve processes and make changes for the better

Interview Questions
  • Demonstrate a time where you helped your wider team members and how you showed leadership

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Dublin) in Aug 2018

Interview

The entire process took three weeks. First a HR screening phone interview followed by a phone interview with an account executive. Lastly there was a intense two hour interview with 4 members of staff. Each conversation lasted 30 minutes, with standard questions such as "Why Sales" and "Why Dropbox". Occasionally a curve ball was thrown in such as would I rather be loled or respectedm? As well as Star wars or Star Trek?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dropbox

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in Feb 2018

Interview

After applying you're contacted by a recruiter should your resume fit. The rest of the process is very streamlined. There is a 15 minute phone screening, followed by an on-site interview with four employees that work within their sales organization. You are also asked to complete a brief writing exercise to bring in to the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why Dropbox? Be very specific in answering this as well, the more you can reference your product knowledge the better.
  • How would you plan execute your first day on the job?
  • Name an enterprise company that would be the perfect fit for Dropbox's product.
  • Who are Dropbox's competitors, and how is Dropbox superior? Basically, asking you to provide a very specific value proposition.
  • What are your current methods of prospecting/territory management?
  • How do you deal with rejection? Why do you want to do sales?
  • What five factors are the most important to a prospective customer when deciding whether or not they should choose Dropbox?
  • What are five industry trends within the IT space? Keep in mind that it's better to relate industry trends to content collaboration platforms.
14 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2018

Interview

The process of applying was smooth and had an ongoing conversation with the organisation about my status. The interviews was fair and required some preparations. The employees at dropbox was very gentle and warm. Felt more as a friendly conversation and not as an intervju.

Interview Questions
  • Which industry do you think is most suitable for Dropbox business?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Austin, TX) in Jan 2018

Interview

Had an interview with the recruiter over the phone, then a second interview with a sales manager, then they flew me out (expenses paid) to ATX for a meeting with 4 people then my final interview was over the phone. 4 interviews total in the span of 4-5 weeks. Interview process was great and my recruiter, as well as the reviews on Glassdoor, definitely helped me prep for what I was going to be asked. It was between me and someone who had more experience, therefore, I was not chosen. I would absolutely apply again in the future, the only con was that the process was very lengthy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dropbox

Application

I interviewed at Dropbox

Interview

The process spanned over about 2 weeks and was held at their office in Sydney. They were very accommodating, though it was quite a formal discussion. In the first meeting, I talked with 3 people individually, then a week later 2 others.

Interview Questions
  • Role play Scenario: Talking with a large enterprise about their data storage options and how Dropbox could fulfil their needs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Dublin) in May 2017

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter who was asking basic questions about my experience, what am I looking for, we talked about role and the company in general. In the same week she organised a second call with one of the managers. It was a bit more role and past experience oriented, asking questions about Dropbox, situations I faced in my previous roles, my values and accomplishments. It went more less good for me, so, after one day I have been invited for on-site interview with other 4 people, 30 minutes each. On-site interview was great, super relaxing, they really make you feel good and stress free. In general I didnt find it difficult, I was enjoying it to be honest. Prepare to talk about what you can bring to this role, why you want to work in sales, what motivates you, always give examples from your past experiences. All questions mentioned on Glassdoor were helpful. Next day after interview they give you a decision. I didn't get a position, and I wasn't sure if cold calling sales was exactly what I was looking for, however I got a great interview experience. Office is amazing, with lunch a dinner and on-site gym. People looked very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
  • Why sales, why dropbox, why tech? What can you bring to the role? What would you change in Dropbox?
  • How will you approach your market? What challenges you think you might face?
2 people found this interview helpful