Dropbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in December 2018.

Interview

Primary Phone Screening.
    Second - Longer interview, more questions and culture check.
    Third - Manager Check.
    In person - 5 interviews, checking to make sure that you will be a positive addition to the team.
    Final interview with your Lead - I assume a sanity check for all parties involved to make sure that you do match what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Dropbox is growing, where should we go next, in your opinon?   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick, the recruiters were very pleasant and kept me in the loop about what was going on. I found the attorneys to also be easy to talk to and laid back, but also very knowledgeable. The recent college grads and other non-attorney I interviewed with seemed rather arrogant, and less interested in my skill set and more concerned with any new competition entering. When I asked for feedback about why I didn't get the offer, they stated they do not provide this type of feedback - very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit at Dropbox?   3 Answers
    • Describe how you would go about managing an assignment requiring you and your team to summarize the key terms of all contracts.   2 Answers
    • NDA exercise where I was asked to recognize the key issues with a sample NDA.   2 Answers
    • Provide an example of how you recently worked through a difficult negotiation, and describe how your resolved the issues.   1 Answer

Contracts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

My first experience interviewing with a Bay Area company was largely a good one. I was flown out about a week and half after initially applying and going through a couple of phone interviews. I had a morning of 15 minute interviews with five people. Each was pretty pleasant and straightforward. Just conversations really, trying to get a sense of the work I've done and why I'd like to work at Dropbox. Don't think the experience could have gone any better. I returned home and was scheduled for one last interview over Hangouts. A week later I was informed I did not get the job. I was dejected, but objectively, the interview process was solid and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

A friend passed along my resume and within a week I was contacted by a recruitment coordinator to set up a phone screen with a recruiter. The first 30 minute phone screen was rather informal.

I then got a phone screen with a member of the Legal team.

About a week later I was kindly informed that the position had been filled.

Overall, a decent interview experience. For phone screens my interviewer called me at least 15 minutes late, which was a bit unnerving, but not surprising considering it is a startup environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you identified an inefficiency and what you did to remedy it (or why you were unable to remedy it).   2 Answers

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox in March 2017.

Interview

Here's the order: quick phone screen, followed by code challenge. HR was very friendly and gave me a good sense of the role. The code challenge was difficult but well-explained.

Interview Questions

• Build a front end feature that places a comment in the video frame at a designated time and remains in the frame for a designated time.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone/online coding challenge, and then eight hours of interview in person where three hours were all coding. A few of the interviewers showed lack of respect and didn't know how to use Coderpad and seemed to not care about me talking through the problem and even pointed me in the wrong direction when I talked about an option. They seemed to make up their decision during the coding part and didn't leave time at the end to ask questions.

During onsite, they had decorated for Pride and had photos of Proud DBxers on the walls and on TV screens. As a LGBTQ... person, this really didn't sit well with me because there are places that are still homophobic and this puts a target on an employee for discrimination. I had to grow up with people in my town talking about beating gay people, so coming out or being proud can be life threatening. SF is much more accepting regarding this than other parts of the country, but they should still be mindful that not everyone is from SF.

DB putting pictures up allows other employees to discriminate them if they so choose or to tell their friends about said person thereby allowing them to be discriminated against outside of work (this discrimination may be impossible to track down). It can also lead others to come out when they may not be comfortable to, regardless of how the company asks people to be "Proud".

For any LGBTQA... (or questioning) person not out to everyone and interviewing not during Pride month, you should be aware of this and only proceed if you are comfortable with this.

Overall it seemed like what the company projected and what the company embodies is not in alignment.

Interview Questions

Dropbox Response

23 Jul 2018 – Talent Brand Team

On behalf of Angela R. & Seneca S. of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion team & Pridebox, our LGBTQ employee resource group:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your interview experience with us, and we’re sorry to hear that your experience with the team was less than stellar. We’ll be sure to pass the feedback along to the team leads.

At Dropbox, we take time to celebrate the diversity of all of our employees. Our aim is to create a culture of belonging and a safe environment where everyone feels they can be their authentic selves and show up as they are in the workplace. In addition to year round celebrations and learning, we give each of our employee-led resource groups the chance to lead the celebration during their months. All of our efforts are employee led, and company supported, so everyone involved is a volunteer.

For Pride Month, Pridebox (our LGBTQ+ employee resource group) decided to feature employee stories to showcase the unique journeys with our own Dropbox LGBTQ+ community. Everyone whose name and image were posted in the office is out and proud and volunteered to be featured in the campaign and wanted to share their stories with our community. We recognized that in some cultures, regions, etc., being out is not a safe option. It’s a privilege and most importantly a personal decision. We gave employees the opportunity to tell their stories openly or to remain anonymous which some did. Pride Month can mean different things to everyone, but it’s explicit in the naming that it’s a time for LGBTQ+ to stand up against shame, discrimination, and violence on the basis of sexuality and be PROUD. It’s a time to educate society on the past, present and future of the LGBTQ community, so we can celebrate together.

We know this can be a sensitive issue, and we’d never ask or tell employees how to feel.

If you’re interested in sharing more, please feel free to email us at talent-feedback@dropbox.com.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in April 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview and the interviewer was prompt to call me at right time. He then asked me about my current position and 15 mins into the interview, he gave me a problem to solve. Before solving the problem I described him the solution and ran a couple of test cases with my pseudo code to verify my logic. I then asked the interviewer if he was satisfied with my logic and that I should write a working solution. I finished up the code but it has a small bug but the partial output was printed correctly. But because we ran out of time and the interviewer had to free the meeting room for someone else, he closed the coder pad which stopped the session and all my code was gone in the middle of me fixing that tiny issue. He then said I understand your logic and that its a very tiny issue which could be fixed in 2 mins if we had time. After the interview I googled the question and found out that the solution that I had given was the most optimal solution and the code was also correct. Two days letter I got a rejection letter that I was not fit for the team. Such a waste of time and energy giving the right solution and then getting rejected.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was told to code . I finished in 40 min. I gave the perfect solution, since I googled it later. But, the interviewer was trying hard to not encourage and had a rude tone with hard to understand speech. I just increased by confidence by answering accurately. I do not like the policy for not disclosing the reason for rejection and rightly so ;)

Interview Questions

• Cannot disclose question due to NDA.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Two phone interviews .

The second one is very very very very very unprofessional.

The most unprofessional one I have ever encountered in my 30 interviews

The person basically didn’t understand basic string matching algorithms and we had hard time communicating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via linked in. Had a 30 minute chat about background, etc. Set up a phone screen with a Dropbox engineer.

Phone screen:
    Dropbox engineer asked about background and then gave a programming question:

Interview Questions

• Implement a function to give the next stage of the board for Game of Life (check LeetCode for more info). Follow up: how would you handle the situation if the board (matrix) was really large?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Extremely bad interview experience. I had a telephonic round recently and the interviewer was a young guy. The coding problem was pretty simple and I was confident enough to finish it in time, but as soon as I started writing, the interviewer forced me to modify it as per what was there in his mind. He didn't give sample outputs at the start, and as soon I started writing sample outputs to come up with the solution, he pasted the output from somewhere(probably leetcode). When I asked him a few doubts regarding the output he pasted he said he didn't know. Interviewers, please note that there are so many ways in which we can code/think. Don't interrupt the candidates' thinking process unless they have done some major blunders.

Interview Questions

Dropbox Response

25 Jun 2019 – Talent Brand Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, sorry to hear that you had a poor interview experience with us. I’ve passed along your feedback to the engineering recruiting team, and if there’s any additional feedback you’d like to share, please fee free to email talent-feedback@dropbox.com.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.